advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ronnie Coleman's Pre-Surgery post, 9 hrs ago...

G.I.Bro

Banned
Registered
Instagram

**broken link removed**

Getting in my last workout before my surgery tomorrow. Never take life granted, Never. Training is my life, my hobby, it's who I am, it represents me. If this was my last workout and I'm never ever able to train again because God called me home, I can say my life was fulfilled because I did it doing what I always love doing the most, Training. Thanks to all people in the world all over the world who wished me luck for tomorrow especially my frat brothers current Mr Olympia @philheath and current 212 Mr Olympia Flex Lewis. The way I see it, I went to war all eight of those years I won those Olympia's. These surgeries are just proof of the war wounds I suffered so it's all good because I'm still alive. @rcssdirector once told me one day because I was in so much pain that I needed to slow my ass down and see a Dr. I replied to him that I was gonna roll with this pain until the wheels roll off and that's exactly what I did, made all my appearances until there was absolutely no cartilage left in my hips, and when it was impossible to walk I grabbed some sticks and on long distances I grabbed me a chair. There's no quit in a winner, winners never quit because quitters never win and that's what's up. I'm officially on my long road to recovery. I love all my family, fans, and friends and I wouldn't exist without you guys.

Everything has a price. Everything. I guess those amazing feats of strength were performed by a mortal after all. Good Luck to the King!

Last edited:
Dam.

Yes, everything has a price.

What kind of official surgery is it?

he mentioned his hips.

As much as I respect what he accomplished, he doesn't seem like the smartest of individuals out there. Your health and well-being is more important then anything.

As much as I respect what he accomplished, he doesn't seem like the smartest of individuals out there. Your health and well-being is more important then anything.

It's a choice, after all...

Had he took better care of his health, he wouldn't have been the greatest bodybuilder of all time.

Yes, he's paying a price, but I don't think he regrets one bit.

He lived his dream. Was one of the very best bodybuilders ever . In my oponion THE best but that's just my OPINION.His videos will live on and be watched on you tube for a long long time and inspire people. Hate to see him suffer though. One way or the other we all die soon enough but if you can live your dream in that time then it was a good life.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Well there are alot of people smoking, drinking,eating, and working themselves to death. Health and well being is typically taken for granted until it's gone.

My great grandfather died at 45 years of age. Worked himself into an early grave. Ronnie was put on this earth to do what he did. No matter the cost.

aaaaahahahaa!!
SERIOUSLY?
there's how many of y'all doing a shit-ton of gear on here and not ONE of you will ever be in this guy's league.
and for what? talk about health and well being. mmm hmmm. everyone on here is doing the same shit this guy did. for nothing at all except to look "good"

Maybe I missed something but what type of surgery is he getting

I think double hip replacement. By his post you'd think he was having major spine or brain surgery. Hip surgery is pretty routine nowadays, I wish him well but we all eventually pay the piper for our ways. By the way, I can't stand when athletes compare their sports to going to war, I've never been a soldier but I am sure nothing compares so when athletes talk this way I find it insulting.

Last edited:
Ronnie is the man.

And people have put themselves in early graves accomplishing way less.

AND HE'S NOT IN THE GRAVE YET!

aaaaahahahaa!!
SERIOUSLY?
there's how many of y'all doing a shit-ton of gear on here and not ONE of you will ever be in this guy's league.
and for what? talk about health and well being. mmm hmmm. everyone on here is doing the same shit this guy did. for nothing at all except to look "good"

Well, I for one have not done a shit ton of gear. Also for what a plastic trophy? Like you said not ONE will ever be in his league so why take abusive amounts. The key is how old is he to have hip replacement? Secondly this is just the tip of the iceberg, what other issues will he have, including possible premature death? It is his choice and others can chose to do so as well. So if taking a shit-ton of gear to possibly win a plastic trophy after x years is your thing, so be it. IMO, one can be a BB and be passionate about it without jeopardizing your health. To the contrary, the lifestyle can prolong your life. Many of you eat organic, many get blood tests, many do cardio, etc. However taking 2G of gear a week, 20 IUs of GH, painkillers to mask injuries, taking stimulants for years will catch up to. I wonder what the average age of death is for pro BBs? At the end it is your decision and I, personally, respect your decision even though I may disagree. :)

Well you just let everyone know how smart you are with that dumb ass contradicting post

I think double hip replacement. By his post you'd think he was having major spine or brain surgery. Hip surgery is pretty routine nowadays, I wish him well but we all eventually pay the piper for our ways. By the way, I can't stand when athletes compare their sports to going to war, I've never been a soldier but I am sure nothing compares so when athletes talk this way I find it insulting.
I understand feeling that the comparison is inaccurate, but when you get right down to it, it's simply an analogy. I highly doubt Ronnie was attempting to short-change any men who have literally gone to war (Miriam-Webster definition of war). I think he was simply attempting to communicate the fact that those 8 years were an extreme conflict within his life, and that he is paying the price of his victories.

He has lived his life the way he wanted. He busted his ass and went to the very top. No regrets. I admire that. He will probably find that his life is good in his new life chapter. He'll be just fine.

I have to say, I am a fan of ronnie. He may not be the smartest guy or the sharpest tool in the shed, but when he was at his prime winning Olympias it was something that just left me in awe!.. I think we can all agree that when he came out on stage in 04 ( I think that was the year? I may be wrong), and began to hit his poses I remembered thinking that there is no way any human being will ever match that level of freaky size and conditioning. I remembering looking at him from the back and just could not believe my eyes!

I for one am glad I was around to see such a freak of a human being compete in his prime. I am sure the drugs and the super human workouts he was doing down in Arlington Texas added to his health issues, but he is no fool & you can see by his comments that he knew what he was doing. It was all part of the game and he sure as hell played his hand in that game to its fullest!

Any of you who have met ronnie and spent any level of time with him will know he is a cool kat. I really think his "dumb jock" kinda personality he puts off played in his favor. Chad got ahold of him and told him what to eat, how to train and what to take, and ronnie just said "Ok" & did it! lol...

It will be a while (if ever) that we see another guy come out on stage and dominate the size category and condition catagory the way ronnie did for so many years. I really like the guy as a person and as a bber. He's a god fearing man and has always been really cool to anyone that I know has met him.

I hope the Surgery goes well for him.

side note:
What was the study they did years ago? Something to the effect of asking a bunch of potential olympians (from the olympics) that if they had the chance to win and Olympic Gold metal in their chosen sport but they would only live to be 40 years old, something like 90% of them said they would take the gold metal? I don't know if thats correct, but its something like that....

I would bet most of high performance athletes would say they would take the metal and die in their younger years, but once you get older, have children and begin to realize there is so much more in life I am sure many of these guys would change their mind. maybe not though? what are your guys thoughts???

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member