over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone Prep/Coached by John Meadows?

leanedout303

Newbies
Hey guys- has anyone out there ever hired, worked with or gone through a prep and/or off season with Meadows and his Mountain Dog style of nutrition and training? I'm not talking just using his website sources...I am talking as a full on client. I am just interested to hear some feedback! I have no doubts, just contemplating making a change.

Last edited:
A friend of mine did year before last, and he said those were some of the most brutal growth producing workouts he ever had, he finally got some leg growth after years of struggling with them.

My two picks for my upcoming precontest diets are Meadows or Shelby so i guess who ever would have the time will be my pick(lol)

My gut feeling is most people use his monthly updates; JM shares so much of his knowledge in articles and videos in addition to his website unlike most trainers that need to keep their training strategies protected to pay the bills. I talked with Mark Dugdale last year and he said Meadows sent him a new workout weekly; he told me it re-energized him and he felt like he was in his 20's again.

A handful have worked with John. My good friend Aikman56 has been for almost 18mos now...

I have worked with john, both diet and training, and believe me when I tell you that john will change your way of thinking forever, very very very worth the money.

I have never worked with him on nutrition but use his peri workout nutrition principles. I am doing my first 12 week training program right now. I always thought I trained hard but it wasn't until I started this program that I really learned what training hard with intensity was. I was always able to make small gains in my training on my own. This is taking everything to a new level for me though.

I'll be starting a 12 week program of John Meadows next week. Looking over it, it look freaking brutal. I can't wait to get going. I don't think you can go wrong by hiring him on as a coach

OP, don't mean to hijack your thread

What is his website like? Does it provide enough information to structure out diet/training programs without vagueness?

OP, don't mean to hijack your thread

What is his website like? Does it provide enough information to structure out diet/training programs without vagueness?

John actually posts some clients' prep outlines and changes and even posted up the first few weeks of one of his programs. His articles give you the structure of his programs and he has many many workouts posted so with a little knowledge and thought, you can design your own pseudo-mountain dog program.

I used his website and put together a MD style program I used for about 10 weeks last year and did great with it. Rotating his higher volume style with a HIT style of training tends to suit me well.

I worked directly with John for about 6 months back at the start of 2010. I still use his workouts and diet philosophy today. Can't really say more than what Brad already did. Absolutely fantastic guy to work with.

Judging by his videos he likes variety using chains,bands,boards belt-squat machine etc and these are things i like to incorporate in my training.
I have talked to Dave Tate years ago when he was training with Westside and many routines using alternative workouts came imop from Louie Simmons which is a mentor of mine.
I see by some of his videos he has or does workout at EFS gym.

Which many say is just a powerlifting gym but i think it can benefit bodybuilders just the same!

I would love to train with him if i could hire him ! Even Louie Simmons himself told me Meadows knows his shit!~~!

Thanks for the kind words.

I do the best I can with clients, treat them as I would want to be treated, and try to continuously learn and grow myself.

I work with many IFBB pros and top competitors, but only really post about them much on Facebook, as people choose to follow me there and want to see what is going on with who I work with. I don't like spamming boards with client pics all the time...maybe a time or two here and there.

Please do take a look at my website. You absolutely could do a complete contest prep based on the information there. I have many exact diets I have used with clients, and there are articles from people like Scott Stevenson (brilliant) on the final week processes and such. The website is truly LOADED with quality information.

All the best,
JM

I think if anyone ever needs a final push to go with shelby or john they should simply listen to the old blue collar muscle podcasts. You can tell how informative these guys are with the detailed ways they talked everything and how much knowledge they had about so many vast majority of things.

Ive utilized John for his diet and training services and can say with 100% confidence that it was a great decision.

One of the best guys here IMO!
Drama free and always helping out! His videos and photos do the talking for him. He is the real deal

I have used them both. Meadows for training and Shelby to handle the nutrition. A lot of people do that. In fact they used to give a discount if you did it that way, but that was a while back.

It's a dream of mine to work with Meadows one day. Seems like a great guy. I've got both of his Ebooks and they're excellent. For what you get they made a huge difference in my training and nutrition. John is the man!

John's site is the best 15$ I spend a month.
Ok maybe number two under Ice cream run with my daughter.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear