advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone Else Experience This with Masteron?

Adonis89

Registered
Most of the bro-science on the internet claims that masteron's ability to bind SHBG, freeing up more of the other sex hormones to be unbound (test included) is a good thing. In my experience and to my knowledge, this is not necessarily true.

Masteron seems to take the desirable "edge" off of testosterone. I find that everytime I use masteron, I get an initial surge in libido and sense of well-being with a gradual decline to follow.

I am currently running 700mg Test Prop per week, with 350mg Mast prop per week. Libido has flattened out, the "alpha-testosterone" feeling is gone, I look dry and hard, but not very full. My joints are a bit achy and very crackly.

Most would chime in right away and say "low E2." While I agree with this, I do believe that masteron is also lowering my total usable testosterone. This is contradictory to what most read on the net, but here's an example:

When TRT is administered to patients with low SHBG, they tend not to respond. Yes low SHBG will increase free testosterone, but people assume that this is good. I think the opposite.

Masteron seems to make testosterone work more poorly, not better in my experience, due to lowering SHBG, increasing free testosterone (not as desirable as many think) and lowering total bound testosterone and estrogens (E2 included).

I've done labs to show that when on 350mg test prop per week and 700mg masteron prop per week, my total T was only 1300, E2 at 20 and free test very high (don't remember the number). At this time my libido was decent, but felt tired all the time and couldn't get erections for the life of me.

I like the effects that DHT/Masteron has on hardening my physique, lowering subq water and boosting libido (which only happens acutely upon starting masteron), but I feel like I may go back to test + AI instead of test + mast. Test + AI should still tip the balance toward DHT conversion and ideally wouldn't do some of these undesirable things that masteron seems to doing.

Last edited:
You probably know more than I do but I think the only thing it's really good for is lowering SHBG and freeing up Test. Is that a good thing? Bad? I guess it depends on the cycles and ones goals.

The only time I've ever used it is during Tren cycles. I've always felt good on it and my observations are not in line with yours but I guess it boils down to 'different strokes;...

I always loose the sex drive about 10 weeks Into test/mast even when my e2 is in check

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll throw in tbol to keep my full. And then carb up when Its a pool day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

good post as I'm thinking of running a mast/test cycle

wondering if I would be better running a deca/mast/test cycle and keeping the test higher than the deca-mast

I think Kal talked about this one time. Il have to search for it. He mentioned something along the lines of lowering your shbg is not always a good thing

Interesting... Same thing happens with proviron?

Yes - same thing happens with proviron.

The first two weeks on this combo I was really full, always pumped, felt great, had a ridiculous libido and great erections.

Then it just faded into what it is now.

I'm going to pull the masteron, leave the test prop dose and if I bloat, I'll try adding an AI and see if that suits me better.

When searching the net for anecdotal evidence of this happening to other people, there are quite a few reports of similar experiences.

I think Kal talked about this one time. Il have to search for it. He mentioned something along the lines of lowering your shbg is not always a good thing

I did a lot of searching as well and I found some of his posts referring to the same thing. Wondering if he or stewie may chime on this as they both understand the endocrine dynamics and may have also had similar experiences to weigh in with that.

wonder if your better mixing the mast with deca???

never tried mast been running deca and test for the past 3 years off and on

maybe NPP

Interesting observation. Ive tried proviron many times, from schering pharma to different UG labs up to 100mg per day, and never really felt much. Slight libido boost, but no hardness or dryness like bro knowledge claims. I did notice I was sweating quite a bit more, but it did nothing for my gyno or any estrogen problems.

As for masteron, only ran it once at 300mg per week and noticed nothing. This kind of makes sense why.

Interesting observation. Ive tried proviron many times, from schering pharma to different UG labs up to 100mg per day, and never really felt much. Slight libido boost, but no hardness or dryness like bro knowledge claims. I did notice I was sweating quite a bit more, but it did nothing for my gyno or any estrogen problems.

As for masteron, only ran it once at 300mg per week and noticed nothing. This kind of makes sense why.

Proviron did nothing for my physique and I took it up to 150mg/day. Maybe sliht hardening. It killed my sex drive/erections and made my joints sore though after a week or so.

Maybe I'm very sensitive to reductions in shbg...

Don't have an answer for it but always noticed the exact same thing. First couple weeks, libido is insane, feel great, after that, libido disappears and just feel flat

Synthetek Industries – Innovative Bodybuilding Products: Syntherol SEO | Human Kyno | L-Carnitine | Liver Protectants | Appetite Stimulators | Vasodilators - www.synthetek.com

I had this happen with a test/mast cycle last year...just didn't feel "right"

Don't have an answer for it but always noticed the exact same thing. First couple weeks, libido is insane, feel great, after that, libido disappears and just feel flat

Synthetek Industries – Innovative Bodybuilding Products: Syntherol SEO | Human Kyno | L-Carnitine | Liver Protectants | Appetite Stimulators | Vasodilators - Synthetek Industries - Innovative Bodybuilding Products

I had this happen with a test/mast cycle last year...just didn't feel "right"

Exactly. I just feel flat emotionally and physically. No "testosterone" feeling. No real urges.

Proviron at higher doses caused me to have blood sugar fluctuations. I went hypo easily. Makes sense that this was due to low shbg since low shbg is highly correlated with diabetes/metabolic disorder...and cardiovascular issues...

DHT directly effects dopamine. So first you're libido is high, but it can diminish.

Think of dopamine as the reward trigger. Sex is a reward, if you're already feeling rewarded you don't want sex....sometimes when I was younger and partied all the time....my libido would be at its highest when waking from a cocaine binge the night before. My dopamine would be at its lowest. ..so I wanted the reward the most.

Do t have experience with just test and mast, but with test, mast, and tren my sex drive was insane. High doses of all 3.

Adonis, not exactly related to this thread, but any reason you use test prop versus cyp or enan? Just curious.

For me. Mast and proviron are really god at lowering my E2. When my E2 is to low - libido os down and so are gains.

Small dose of masterone 100mg e3d. Works well when +1g of test though.

Turns out SHBG is actually an active transport system, so things that bind to it actually are actually MORE active than free testosterone. Higher SHBG has a positive effect on growth...

found it

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner