over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gym clothes smell like wet dog

GeNeTiKFiGhTR

Registered
Anyone else have this problem? All my gym clothes smell like a wet dog even after washing and drying. They smell alright coming out of dryer but then I work out and start sweating and the clothes start smelling again. Anyone have a fix for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone else have this problem? All my gym clothes smell like a wet dog even after washing and drying. They smell alright coming out of dryer but then I work out and start sweating and the clothes start smelling again. Anyone have a fix for this?

Try throwing in a little bit of pinesol when you wash your clothes next, suppose to kill all the germs and help them smell good

Make sure your clothes is 125% dry before folding and hanging. Any slight moisture in them can make them stink again.

Switch to Gain lavender laundry detergent.....done deal.

You get what you pay for.

I have the same issue. The only thing is to add some kind of strong smelling detergent and making sure they are completely dry. That has helped for me

There are several "sports wash" type detergent, but I only have the problem with my synthetic UA type gear cause the same thing that makes them wick moisture will allow it to hold oils. It seems to hold smell. I used one the the sports wash detergents for a while and it made a big difference. I think it was called WIN Sports Detergent. The actually sold it at my gym.

I think that OXiCLEAN is about the same idea however and works pretty well. Another key is get them to dry out quick instead of leaving them in a wet heap where they cannot get dry.

Do not use liquid fabic softener, it coats the fabrics and keeps the determents and water from penetrating fully. In hard core cases you may presoak your clothes in a bucket with water and a cup full of white vinegar.

Awesome. Thanks for all the tips my iron brothers!!

Buy the oxi powder and add a scoop in sling with normal detergent

Most of the time when that happens to me it is because the clothings were not on fully dry. I always dry them on extra dry so they fully dry and then some.

Also maybe febreze scented washing products will help some.

Actually old school trick is to soak them in some vinegar then wash them.
Also borax the old school detergent works real well on that kind of stinking, they both break down the ammonia thats in the clothes.

There are several "sports wash" type detergent, but I only have the problem with my synthetic UA type gear cause the same thing that makes them wick moisture will allow it to hold oils. It seems to hold smell. I used one the the sports wash detergents for a while and it made a big difference. I think it was called WIN Sports Detergent. The actually sold it at my gym.

I think that OXiCLEAN is about the same idea however and works pretty well. Another key is get them to dry out quick instead of leaving them in a wet heap where they cannot get dry.

Do not use liquid fabic softener, it coats the fabrics and keeps the determents and water from penetrating fully. In hard core cases you may presoak your clothes in a bucket with water and a cup full of white vinegar.

I always make sure to hang my wet gym clothes out to dry before I actually wash them. The longer they stay wet in the dirty clothes hamper the worse they end up smelling. Soaking in vinegar water also helps tremendously.

Sounds like my pillow cases. Tren sweat is the worst.

This happens to my cotton t-shirts. I now soak them in the sink with hot water a cup of baking soda for an hour before putting them in the washer. Problem solved.

it is probably your washing machine. Tide makes a washing machine cleaner, that works really well.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear