over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Growing into a show?

Lene28

Registered
When guys grow into a show are they still in a caloric deficit?

Who? I mean who grows into a show. I know supposedly Kevin Levrone did it but I think that was just a matter of him being so shrank down that as he ate and got back on drugs he inflated back up again.
But truly who actually gets bigger as they get into a show diet?
Maybe we need a poll?
Im betting we dont have any people on this forum who do. And of the pros even Im betting not many of them can prove they grew into a show, if they did they were severely lacking in the conditioning dept. I bet.

Who? I mean who grows into a show. I know supposedly Kevin Levrone did it but I think that was just a matter of him being so shrank down that as he ate and got back on drugs he inflated back up again.
Maybe we need a poll?
Im betting we dont have any people on this forum who do. And of the pros even Im betting not many of them can prove they grew into a show, if they did they were severely lacking in the conditioning dept. I bet.

If you start back up after a llong layover, then it's possible.

If you start back up after a llong layover, then it's possible.
Attaining new muscle mass or simply regaining size they had previously?

I think it can happen but it's much less common than we hear

Attaining new muscle mass or simply regaining size they had previously?

I think it can happen but it's much less common than we hear

I think he was referring to muscle memory which some don't believe in, but its hard to argue, especially when mentioning guys like Levrone. When he came back on to the scene a few years ago and was doing his natural thing, he put on a lot of size while losing a great deal of body fat. We're talking one in a billion genetics here when referring to Levrone. It obviously worked for him, but I doubt it would work for most bodybuilders, even with elite genetics bc as you pointed out, I don't think its a common way to prep for a show. You would have to know your body to a ridiculous extent to actually trust it to gain 20-30lbs of muscle all while getting lean, PLUS peaking the day of competition. Talk about science!

As I said in my OP. Genetically elite, and situational.
Levrone was growing from being on the sideline, just so happened he did a show-and he is of the genetically .01 %.
It's not something that you see at all with even genetically superior guys. My suggestion is to start a poll, lets see how many people have honestly grown while prepping for a show.
Its a pipedream at best.

I was just wondering this myself.
I'm 8 weeks out 6ft 217lbs still eating 3800 calories.
Which means ever week as I drop the carbs/calories I'll be floating right around maintence.
I don't under stand how I wouldn't grow, the nutrients are still there and the works outs are still breaking down muscle.
Guess well see what happens.

Maybe we need a poll?
Im betting we dont have any people on this forum who do
. And of the pros even Im betting not many of them can prove they grew into a show, if they did they were severely lacking in the conditioning dept. I bet.

uhhhhh *ahem*

lol

Dose related. Cruising on 200mg then bumping to 1-2g a week even in a slight deficit you will grow and get leaner as metabolism ramps up

24hrs of your day does not need to be a caloric deficit

You dont need 24hrs of caloric surplus to be anabolic

You caloric surplus periods do not need to be excessive, just precise

Your deficit periods so not need to be catabolic

Faster metabolism helps you assimilate more calories (making surplus periods more effective)

Higher sensitivity from dieting makes you more responsive to nutrients to grow

Enhanced motivational drive and increased effort from nearing the finish allows for more intensity and effort.

Key word

PRECISION

I don't understand why people find it hard to comprehend growing while leaning out. Any time I ever used an AAS I grew and became leaner. I could see continuing to Taylor my diet while increasing dosages to grow into a show. I think it's more healthful to grow into shows than spend your life as heavy as possible. No, I haven't competed yet so maybe one day I'll eat my words but I don't find it hard to believe that a person can grow into a show.

uhhhhh *ahem*

lol

So let me understand.
You are saying you do?
If so, how much lean tissue do you put on for a show?
I mean one thing to remain at the same weight with improved body composition- that I can believe- but actually growing, say 10lbs in 12 weeks for a show?
C'mon...I am a skeptic, so as they say 'wheres the beef?'.

Maybe we need a poll?

I have seen Dante post about it before and maybe Bboy if I'm remembering correctly. I wanted to see if somebody not on the Olympia stage has done this (good genetics but not genetic elite)

24hrs of your day does not need to be a caloric deficit

You dont need 24hrs of caloric surplus to be anabolic

You caloric surplus periods do not need to be excessive, just precise

Your deficit periods so not need to be catabolic

Faster metabolism helps you assimilate more calories (making surplus periods more effective)

Higher sensitivity from dieting makes you more responsive to nutrients to grow

Enhanced motivational drive and increased effort from nearing the finish allows for more intensity and effort.

Key word

PRECISION

I'm assuming the precision comes from trial and error?

So let me understand.
You are saying you do?
If so, how much lean tissue do you put on for a show?
I mean one thing to remain at the same weight with improved body composition- that I can believe- but actually growing, say 10lbs in 12 weeks for a show?
C'mon...I am a skeptic, so as they say 'wheres the beef?'.

here ya go buddy lol

Philip Visicaro : my 2013 Nationals Heavyweight Prep

Also realize that staying the same weight while you diet into shape (i always do) means you grew muscle to replace fat/water so yes you grew muscle.

I started at 150lbs n never had a real bulk til this current one (lazy offseason) and only went hard for shows so the MAJORITY of the mass iv added over the years was on a contest diet. Many people here watched it happen and can vouch for this

I'm assuming the precision comes from trial and error?

Basically yes. Reading your bodies response til you know what works. How you respond to each variable needs to be figured out.

here ya go buddy lol

Philip Visicaro : my 2013 Nationals Heavyweight Prep

Also realize that staying the same weight while you diet into shape (i always do) means you grew muscle to replace fat/water so yes you grew muscle.

I started at 150lbs n never had a real bulk til this current one (lazy offseason) and only went hard for shows so the MAJORITY of the mass iv added over the years was on a contest diet. Many people here watched it happen and can vouch for this

Yeah I get that big dawg. Im actually referring to positive gains, like guy starts his diet at 235 and ends up 245 for his show, or even 235 after diuretics and weigh ins.
THAT is where I really need convincing.

Yeah I get that big dawg. Im actually referring to positive gains, like guy starts his diet at 235 and ends up 245 for his show, or even 235 after diuretics and weigh ins.

I'm not sure you will really be able to find that. When I diet the scale doesn't change much because I'm growing like these guys grow into a show. Body fat percentage testing is what you need to look at.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

ummm whats it matter as long as you are growing? Consider this. Guy starts 210 @12% competes 210 5% in 12wks. Well he GAINED 15lbs of muscle in 3 months prep. How much more do you want? lol 99% of ANYONES bulking offseason wont see 15lbs LBM in 12wks. Thats absolutely outstanding!

And i started prep for nationals last yr 200lbs range competed 224

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner