over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

820 Lb Raw Squat Vid

Powerbuilder

Registered
New squat PR. Over the last 6 weeks I've switched to the low bar position and it's helping out substantially. I'm currently training for GPA World Powerlifting Championships in Novemeber. My bodyweight is right at 240 lbs.

[ame=http://youtu.be/QgsXQaLfHQc]Kevin OAK 820 Lb (372 Kg) Squat Raw w/ Knee Wraps - YouTube[/ame]

Love the low bar squat for power. It pulled me out of rut last year and upped my squat almost 100 pounds. But I'm not a power lifter so I've made the switch back to higher bar Olympic style squatting and it sucks:banghead: but my quads are growing a helluva lot bet better

Just curious to what you were squatting with a conventional high bar squat?

Daaaaaaaamn, son! It looks like you could have pulled another rep with that 820. ASS TO GRASS! Good luck at your competition, but it doesn't look like you'll need it squating 3 1/2 times your own body weight. :eek:

I expected at least some slow down at the bottom. Really impressive bar speed and weight.

Love the low bar squat for power. It pulled me out of rut last year and upped my squat almost 100 pounds. But I'm not a power lifter so I've made the switch back to higher bar Olympic style squatting and it sucks:banghead: but my quads are growing a helluva lot bet better

Just curious to what you were squatting with a conventional high bar squat?

I've always squat high bar until about 6 weeks ago. Now I've been alternating weeks training low bar every other week.

Did you switch your shoes from Nike Romelos to these for low bar squat? Any difference you noticed. I have the Nike and helped me with front squat but back squat I can't squat the weight I use to way less plus I feel I am leaning more forward on them when I go heavy I may still using them and definitely feel they engage quads more and more mass I have now with even less weight but wish can fix that lean forward not sure if their heel too high

QUOTE=Powerbuilder;1959770]New squat PR. Over the last 6 weeks I've switched to the low bar position and it's helping out substantially. I'm currently training for GPA World Powerlifting Championships in Novemeber. My bodyweight is right at 240 lbs.

[ame=http://youtu.be/QgsXQaLfHQc]Kevin OAK 820 Lb (372 Kg) Squat Raw w/ Knee Wraps - YouTube[/ame][/QUOTE]

I've said it before, you have really improved your strength AND technique over the last 2 years or so.

Good lift!!!

Did you switch your shoes from Nike Romelos to these for low bar squat? Any difference you noticed. I have the Nike and helped me with front squat but back squat I can't squat the weight I use to way less plus I feel I am leaning more forward on them when I go heavy I may still using them and definitely feel they engage quads more and more mass I have now with even less weight but wish can fix that lean forward not sure if their heel too high

Yeah I switched to the reebok power shoe. The heeled nike shoes make me lean forward more and push my knees forward more making it harder for me to sit back especially with low bar. The heeled shoes over time also seemed to shorten my calf range of motion making them tighter and tighter over time which caused some problems for me. Flat shoes work better for me especially on low bar.

Shit yea! Great push. No problem!

Wow, I was expecting to see a shallow squat but color me impressed! You are insanely strong! I am insanely jealous!

Quite possibly the strongest man pound for pound on PM today. Awesome squat Kevin! You're going to do great at your meet :headbang:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear