over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Leptin resistance

Not a bad article, but nothing I haven't read before.

Lyle Mcdonald brought most (if not all) of the leptin research into light and brought it to the bodybuilding community years ago.

Good article. What's your personal experience with all this? Have you over ate during bulking to get so big that it's shot? That was a concern for me.

Good article. What's your personal experience with all this? Have you over ate during bulking to get so big that it's shot? That was a concern for me.

Well for me I get some crazy cravings for sweets. Thinking this COULD be a player. Don't wanna make excuses bc I do love sweets, but after reading this I think there's a chance this could be effecting me. To what extent I have no idea

Well for me I get some crazy cravings for sweets. Thinking this COULD be a player. Don't wanna make excuses bc I do love sweets, but after reading this I think there's a chance this could be effecting me. To what extent I have no idea

Or you're normal like the rest of us and crave sweets bc they taste good!

What's your macros lookin like on a bulk? Do you eat way above or just slightly above your TDEE when you bulk?

Or you're normal like the rest of us and crave sweets bc they taste good!

What's your macros lookin like on a bulk? Do you eat way above or just slightly above your TDEE when you bulk?

Tbh haven't "bulked" in a while. Shooting for a somewhat recomp/lean bulk right now with a macro ratio of 50/40/20 protein carbs and fat respectively

Tbh haven't "bulked" in a while. Shooting for a somewhat recomp/lean bulk right now with a macro ratio of 50/40/20 protein carbs and fat respectively

Oh ok. Awesome man! I'm trying to stay fairly lean this time around myself. When you say recomp what do you mean?

Oh ok. Awesome man! I'm trying to stay fairly lean this time around myself. When you say recomp what do you mean?

as in add mass and lose some fat, body recomposition or "recomp" ;)

It's all those Quest bars you're downing....:headbang:

It's all those Quest bars you're downing....:headbang:

On several occasions I've woken up at night downed 4-6 bars and then went back to sleep.

Usually I eat a pretty big 2AM meal, 45g protein from whey isolate/casein blend, 2 greek yogurt cups, 1.5 cups of kefir, 6 cups of chex and sometimes a cup of rice (last night was 1.5cups of potatoes) but at times, I see those bars and go to town. Then I have to get up to the wrath of my girl when she looks in the pantry and sees a near empty box of bars. Then i have to find a way to make up for my hunger... I'm pretty good at that ;)

Zhonghua Yu Fang Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2008 Nov;42(11):818-22.
[The study of insulin resistance and leptin resistance on the model of simplicity obesity rats by curcumin].
[Article in Chinese]
Yu Y, Hu SK, Yan H.
Source
Department of Public Health, Xi'an Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Xi'an 710061, China.
Abstract
OBJECTIVE:
To evaluate the insulin and leptin resistance of curcumin on simplicity obesity rats.

METHODS:
All 50 SPF grade healthy Sprague-Dawley male initial weaning rats were used for two groups in stratified sampling by weight: 30 in treated group and 20 in control group. They were assigned to the following treatment for 8 weeks: the treated group was fed with high-fat food and the control group was fed with normal food. Eight weeks later, adiposity model rats were prepared. Groups: adiposity model rats were divided into 3 groups: model + low curcumin (1.25 g/kg), model + high curcumin (5.00 g/kg) and a model group. In addition, there also had a normal control and a control + high curcumin (5.00 g/kg) group. Ten rats in every group and all given ground feed. After intragastric administration in different doses of curcumin 4 weeks, the effects and pathological changes were observed by the blood sugar, insulin, leptin and TNF-alpha, pathology and transmission electron microscope of pancreatic gland.

RESULTS:
Given 4 weeks the different dose of curcumin on the simplicity obesity rats, the significant diminished weight (435.0 +/- 37.6) g and content of lipocyte (4.78 +/- 1.87) g as compared with the obesity model control (492.3 +/- 14. g and (8.94 +/- 1.8 g (t values were 4.484 and 4.961 respectively, P < 0.01), level of blood sugar (4.50 +/- 0.09) mmol/L, insulin (7.43 +/- 0.65) mmol/L, leptin (3.40 +/- 0.39) mmol/L and TNF-alpha (2.42 +/- 0.19) ng/ml were significantly decreased than those of adiposity model rats (4.94 +/- 0.12) mmol/L, (9.30 +/- 0.21) mmol/L, (4.40 +/- 0.23) mmol/L and (2.86 +/- 0.49) ng/ml (t values were 8.297, 7.743, 6.247 and 2.368 respectively, P < 0.05), and there was no significant difference with the control group (4.30 +/- 0.14) mmol/L on the level of blood sugar (t = 0.399, P > 0.05). There were a lot of secretory granules with large sphere volume in beta cells of pancreatic island found by transmission electron microscope, and these secretory granules had a higher electron density than those in non-disposed groups.

CONCLUSION:
By diminishing the sediment of fat, relaxing the lymphatic return, and refraining the apoptosis of beta cells, the curcumin might significantly decrease the level of insulin resistance and leptin resistance caused by the high fat diet.
PMID: 19176142 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Don't see the connection? By lowering leptin resistance your body then sees you have more leptin than you do and will continue to lose fat because usually loss of fat and/or lower leptin ENDS YOUR DIET and then once leptin is DOWN it does NOT recover until you go OVER YOUR START WEIGHT!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131