advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Pre contest SLIN/IGF/HGH use (Vets Only!)

Rome1

Registered
I'm not trying to beat a dead horse on topics discussed but I don't see to much info on this board about Slin/IGF/HGH protocols for contest prep. Some HGH, and a little IGF talk but not the whole enchilada. I would like to hear from some vets on here that know how to dial it in and stay full at the same time. I've used Mike Arnold's protocol with success off season and IGF has worked for me as well. HGH, well obviously you know what's up. Any thoughts or competitors that use slin pre contest with success other than Big Kiwi. Lol

this might be moved to gh and peptide section just fyi
I think there is some value to starting a thread about igf protocols as I don't see those talked about much. but gh and slin = dead horse lol
-JS

2008 I did slin+GH, but no IGF for my show.
5-10 ius of GH on empty stomach am, cardio, then eat then do 2-3 ius slin with that meal and the pwo meal later on.
I was ripped and full 2-4-7 but really thats about as basic a protocol as ever, sounds like you're looking for something different.

this might be moved to gh and peptide section just fyi
I think there is some value to starting a thread about igf protocols as I don't see those talked about much. but gh and slin = dead horse lol
-JS

Lol. Yea, I don't know if this is the right section. I agree GH/slin dead horse but pre contest I haven't seen too many in depth discussions. Timing, how to take it without hindering fat loss(again I know this has some repeat lingo but more specific) when to cut it out and if and when to add it back in to carb load with. Did help your look, or make it worse? Etc

5-10 ius of GH on empty stomach am, cardio, then eat then do 2-3 ius slin with that meal and the pwo meal later on.
I was ripped and full 2-4-7 but really thats about as basic a protocol as ever, sounds like you're looking for something different.

This is exactly the stuff I'm talking about bro. Yeah no IGF but slin with hgh in a contest prep. When did u cut it out? How much slin pw? Did you feel like your weight stayed up but got leaner?

Lets also say that a basic pre comp stack of test, tren, eq and mast are all being used for the majority of prep with T-3 as well. Obviously going into the final weeks we can play with halo, drol, winny and ai's to dry out. Without boring everyone (VETS) with dosages, etc. Just trying to look into the best cycle/peps to get keep you big, full, round and shredded at the same time for contest prep. I know diet dictates all of this but those peps can be a game changer if used right.

This is exactly the stuff I'm talking about bro. Yeah no IGF but slin with hgh in a contest prep. When did u cut it out? How much slin pw? Did you feel like your weight stayed up but got leaner?

Seeing how insulin can be trouble for losing bodyfat you want to be pretty sparing with it, secondly the amount of carbs you are taking in pre-contest is way less.
So I didnt do more than 3 ius ever, and still went hypo a couple times.
If you throw in IGF you are going to increase the sensitivity of slin by 3 fold or more.
You can really complicate things with IGF. I never really saw too much practical use for IGF pre-contest if I was running slin it gave me one more reason NOT to do it.
GH made much more sense.
You wanted enough insulin to help push some more glycogen into the muscles for a nice full look, but too much and you got the obvious hypoglycemia problems.
4 weeks out I cut slin out completely, as it helped me harden up and slin made me hold onto a little more water.
3 ius post breakfast which came after fasted cardio.
3 ius post workout/cardio meal in the evening.
I used humalog because of its shorter acting nature and used it IM which speeds entry and exit by about 50%.

sometimes basics are best!

Yeah, not much play room there carb wise to do much more than 3 ius of slin safely.

well depends how much muscle you are carrying and how depleted/flat you are. People also dont realize by using slin in the right amount with carbs blood sugar comes down. Easier to get back into a fat burning zone once slin clears. Pending schedule and/or tendency to lose muscle this works well squeezing a meal in before AM cardio

well depends how much muscle you are carrying and how depleted/flat you are. People also dont realize by using slin in the right amount with carbs blood sugar comes down. Easier to get back into a fat burning zone once slin clears. Pending schedule and/or tendency to lose muscle this works well squeezing a meal in before AM cardio

I'd heard of guys using it to push themselves into ketosis, but I just didnt have the guts to go there.

I'd heard of guys using it to push themselves into ketosis, but I just didnt have the guts to go there.

wasnt what i was referring to. you eat a meal your bs goes up. simply use slin to bring it down and slightly lower than you began so you 1. filled out a bit and got nutrients in you after fasting (sleep) and get out of a catabolic state then 2. have bs low again (as if ud just woke) and get into fat burning mode faster (the reason we do AM cardio in first place). takes some calculating, but is effective.

wasnt what i was referring to. you eat a meal your bs goes up. simply use slin to bring it down and slightly lower than you began so you 1. filled out a bit and got nutrients in you after fasting (sleep) and get out of a catabolic state then 2. have bs low again (as if ud just woke) and get into fat burning mode faster (the reason we do AM cardio in first place). takes some calculating, but is effective.

So you would take more slin than carb ratio, say if you had 50 grm carbs you might do 6 ius slin? Just enough to push you back into low bs?

Leave the igf out....
It doesn't boost IGF levels anyways...

Get your igf levels up by using slin and gh synergistically...or CJC DAC.

HGH- as much as you can afford 1-2x/day
Insulin- I've run 20iu/day with growth until 6 weeks out then I drop it all together rather than run so much less. I can lose bodyfat on that much insulin but I don't want to fight it as I get really dialed in.
IGF- never used it.

This is interesting. Never thought about it this way. So even if you do fasted cardio eat, take lose dose slin you can actually go right back into a fat burning mode faster again after the bf meal?

Leave the igf out....
It doesn't boost IGF levels anyways...

Get your igf levels up by using slin and gh synergistically...or CJC DAC.

Point taken. How about igf prior to hitting the stage? Or insulin still better day of the show? I haven't tried it personally but heard of some that have. Everytime I do take igf I feel like my skin looks thinner and my veins are everywhere!

So you would take more slin than carb ratio, say if you had 50 grm carbs you might do 6 ius slin? Just enough to push you back into low bs?

Yes but those #'s hold no meaning. Depends on individuals reaponse.

This is interesting. Never thought about it this way. So even if you do fasted cardio eat, take lose dose slin you can actually go right back into a fat burning mode faster again after the bf meal?

I was talking about prior. Faster if its a bigger meal. This is more so for big guys. Regardless, you arent burning bodyfat til the log clears. This isnt a one size fits all situation, usually its not needed or effective, its just a method in certain situations.

Yes but those #'s hold no meaning. Depends on individuals reaponse.

Ah, I see.
Myself I can tolerate a bit more insulin per carb ratio, so its something I could probably do.
Plenty of times I was at the threshold and knew it and didnt have any hypoglycemic problems, although a couple times I did.
Cool insights TP4U.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner