over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Let's talk lantus/levemir

chubzz

Registered
Who here has experience with either? The growing combination lately has been lantus as a basal insulin first thing in the morning, with log or r around meals and workouts?
Obviously gh should be in the mix etc.
In theory it sounds great but who's actually tried it? Very little information to be found online.

Never used anything other than log, novalin, humalin, etc..isnt lantus 12 hour duration or something long like that?

bumping this for you. Interesting topic

lantus 12 hours Levimer 24 hour's. Again its the shit!! Throw some Hgh in there blow the fuck up even more.

I thought lantus and levemir were both 24hr with levemir having a slight peak but nothing to worry about..
Lantus apparently binds to igf receptor more?
What's your diet like, any fat gain?
How much gh are you using?

[lang=de]I used Levemir (approx. 20h active with no peak which means no risk) for quite a time and it actually works great. Didn't use GH but still didn't get fat.
Nevertheless: How's it affecting insulin sensivity?[/lang]

Lantus lasts about as long but does peak a lil' (nothing to worry about) ...it affects IGF-1 in a better fashion but the risk of becoming fat is also higher.
I'd start with Levemir if you ask me.

Last edited:
[lang=de]I used Levemir (approx. 20h active with no peak which means no risk) for quite a time and it actually works great. Didn't use GH but still didn't get fat.
Nevertheless: How's it affecting insulin sensivity?[/lang]

Lantus lasts about as long but does peak a lil' (nothing to worry about) ...it affects IGF-1 in a better fashion but the risk of becoming fat is also higher.
I'd start with Levemir if you ask me.

So in a sense levemir> lantus is general idea?
I always heard the opposite honestly.

Bump for more experiences.
The plan for me post show is work up to 20-30 iu lantus or levemir, undecided.
Than slowly add in log around workouts and breakfast etc.
Gh will be 7iu pharma.

you guys are insane. more power to you.. but why fuck with a perfectly working pancreas secreting your basal insulin..

Lantus is a long acting insulin used for diabetics that acts as a basal insulin.

humalog is bolus insulin.

hmmm interested in this will have to research this

What advantage does it have over fast acting slin?

Isnt lantus very expensive?

In my opinion, these long-acting inslulins can be very useful, but have limited applications. I find they work best when used for short periods of time--perferably at high doses (don't blame me if you don't know how to stay in your safety range). A lot of size can be gained quickly this way, but one cannot use this method for long. Otherwise, too many problems will develop.

My philosophy is to get in, hit it hard, and then get out. 2 weeks, max, followed by an appropriate amount of time off in order to restore insulin sensitivity, up-regulate Glut-4, and normalize natural insulin production.

Staying on this stuff long-term is a bad idea for numerous reasons. The guys who use both short & long-acting insulins on a daily, long-term basis are being foolish. In the long-run, not only will metabolic health be compromised, but muscle growth will eventually be impaired. The body has multiple negative feedback mechanims in place which will prevent the long-term, successful use of these drugs...and by "success", I mean an acceptable balance of reward vs. risk.

Last edited:
What kinda time off daily lantus and novalog is appropriate?

I got recommend this by a British super heavy weight

50iu latis every morning week 1, second week 65iu, 3rd week 80iu every morning

3 weeks on, 3 off

Plus humolog pre or post work out on top on lantus

Too scared to do it ha

[lang=de]@chubbzz: No you've been right in the first place. Lantus is better in terms of muscle building but unfortunately it'll make you fat a lil' easier than Levemir plus it does have a slight peak which means lil' risk of going hypo (very little for BBs and their eating habits).

@Lfservice: Did you do long acting slin without GH yet?
Why do you suggest eating carbs all the time ...this is what makes ppl fat. You won't go hypo even with less carbs since the body will act contrary by generating glucagon and will always have enough time to do so on long acting slin.

@heavyhitter: no it's cheap ...even those ready to go pens

@blackrock: nope, you're stressing your pancreas even more by drinking carbdrinks and eating large amounts of carbs all day long. Using insulin can relieve your pancreas ...the actual problem is the insulin sensivity.[/lang]

In my opinion, these long-acting inslulins can be very useful, but have limited applications. I find they work best when used for short periods of time--perferably at high doses (don't blame me if you don't know how to stay in your safety range). A lot of size can be gained quickly this way, but one cannot use this method for long. Otherwise, too many problems will develop.

My philosophy is to get in, hit it hard, and then get out. 2 weeks, max, followed by an appropriate amount of time off in order to restore insulin sensitivity, up-regulate Glut-4, and normalize natural insulin production.

Staying on this stuff long-term is a bad idea for numerous reasons. The guys who use both short & long-acting insulins on a daily, long-term basis are being foolish. In the long-run, not only will metabolic health be compromised, but muscle growth will eventually be impaired. The body has multiple negative feedback mechanims in place which will prevent the long-term, successful use of these drugs...and by "success", I mean an acceptable balance of reward vs. risk.

Would something like Jayl19's post above be like what you are talking about? If so, do you completely eliminate fat from your diet for the 3 weeks and how long would you use log going forward before coming off and giving your body a break? 1 more week?

What kinda time off daily lantus and novalog is appropriate?

Enough time to restore insulin sensitivity and up-regulate Glut-4. It doesn't take long when using these insulins for short periods of time, especially when insulin sensitizers are involved.

In my opinion, insulin sensitizers/mimetics should be used during both ON and OFF time. This becomes even more important when GH is being used along with it. Not only do they improve the effectiveness of insulin in terms of muscle growth, but they can potentially cut down on the amount of off-time required.

Generally speaking, equal time off is usually sufficient.

Bump for more experiences.
The plan for me post show is work up to 20-30 iu lantus or levemir, undecided.
Than slowly add in log around workouts and breakfast etc.
Gh will be 7iu pharma.

There is no need to "work up" to that dose when using Lantus.

Would something like Jayl19's post above be like what you are talking about? If so, do you completely eliminate fat from your diet for the 3 weeks and how long would you use log going forward before coming off and giving your body a break? 1 more week?

Similar

There is no need to eliminate fat when using Lantus. As a BB'r you should be eating clean (I define clean eating as healthy eating, not necessarily low-fat) all the time, regardless of whether insulin is in the picture. A diet full of natural, minimally processed whole-foods is ideal.

Completely eliminating any macro from your diet for too long is never a good idea.

Similar

There is no need to eliminate fat when using Lantus. As a BB'r you should be eating clean (I define clean eating as healthy eating, not necessarily low-fat) all the time, regardless of whether insulin is in the picture. A diet full of natural, minimally processed whole-foods is ideal.

Completely eliminating any macro from your diet for too long is never a good idea.

Thx Mike

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner