over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Muscles in the workplace(white collar)

grizzly978

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
What do people think of muscular people in a professional setting? Does it make them stereotype you as a meathead in your experience? I got into a debate about this with a friend and think that being fat would be worse. I dont know how having muscles could make you appear dumb.......

It's true at first. You need to have a good professional personality for people to not automatically make that judgement. After a while, people will just make big person jokes and you learn to love them. I was nicknamed "Meat" at my old job. It's fun, just be good at the job so people take you seriously.

Not necessarily. If you dress and behave appropriately you should be fine. Act professionally. Don't talk about bodybuilding, training, diet, unless others bring it up in a more social atmosphere.

In terms over overall intelligence, the idea that a muscular physique makes one "dumb" is actually a very ignorant comment.

Not necessarily. If you dress and behave appropriately you should be fine. Act professionally. Don't talk about bodybuilding, training, diet, unless others bring it up in a more social atmosphere.

In terms over overall intelligence, the idea that a muscular physique makes one "dumb" is actually a very ignorant comment.

this.

when i eat chicken, brown rice, spinach etc everyday out of tupperware and people ask me why, i just tell them that i have a "very sensitive digestive system" so i have to eat like that.

you could also just say that you dont have a gallbladder. people won't badger you for not eating office candy/cake etc.

Who cares what they think. I don't hide the fact that I'm into bodybuilding. I put a lot of hard work into this, so I never hide it. I'm proud of it. I get stereotyped all of the time, but once people talk to me it goes away. Plus I look way better than all of the other balding far guys that are the same age.

Who cares what they think. I don't hide the fact that I'm into bodybuilding. I put a lot of hard work into this, so I never hide it. I'm proud of it. I get stereotyped all of the time, but once people talk to me it goes away. Plus I look way better than all of the other balding far guys that are the same age.

amen thank you for having some balls. who the fuck cares what you do in your spare time.

I think BB are akin to the proverbial "dumb blonde". You're gonna have haters too. Yet I beileve female on female hate is more nefarious and vicious.
The prejudice is there but be cool about it and prove them wrong.
Use some big words and speak with an Oxforidian British accent. :lightbulb:

People like to stereotype but it bothers me none. In my office I'm known as the "muscle guy" I can tell most of them admire my physique even though they crack jokes about my eating habits

I am a district manager of a newspaper and work with 80+% women and they give me great complements as my clothes and how i look with my muscular build.
So i have no problems,matter of fact the CEO of newspaper findings (a company who owns many newspapers) is a lady and she wants me to contact a gym to get a discount for the employees and pay 50% of the cost !She said stronger and more healthy people are more reliable and more confident.She just told all that we know have a causal Friday and told the circulation manager she would like to see me in some jeans and a t-shirt(lol)
To bad she is 20 years older but then again she is a millionaire!(j/k) happy to be married 23 years .

My question would you with a 60 year old that could make you a Mr millionaire??

Never mind i just remembered who all i am talking about and with enough test to kill a Clydesdale the answer would be obvious:D:D:D:D:D:D

I work at a Big 4 public accounting firm and it definitely hinders things at times.

I've had people say I make them feel self conscious about themselves by just being around me. I hope they were joking, but still, it's a bit odd as this person is in a high level, decision making position.

I work at a Big 4 public accounting firm and it definitely hinders things at times.

I've had people say I make them feel self conscious about themselves by just being around me. I hope they were joking, but still, it's a bit odd as this person is in a high level, decision making position.

Being a working white collar men are the hardest on people who do what we do,it is a defense mechanism to make their little comments,:rolleyes: fuck them!

Make a point to always dress professionally. Smile when ever possible. Avoid anything that could be considered threatening like standing up to make a point or raising your voice. Sometimes even dropping your voice an octave to show you are serious about what you are saying can be misinterpreted, if people are intimidated by your physical presence.

This ^^^^

Besides, they always ask me and not others how to workout and eat healthy then promptly drink a soda or add tons of sugar to their coffee

I'm the general manager of 2 new car franchises in 2 towns,I always wear long sleeve dress shirts,tie and suits.It helps one to cover up at work and not look odd.Only thing is tie is 4 inches from waist when standing with coat off because of chest development.

Make a point to always dress professionally. Smile when ever possible. Avoid anything that could be considered threatening like standing up to make a point or raising your voice. Sometimes even dropping your voice an octave to show you are serious about what you are saying can be misinterpreted, if people are intimidated by your physical presence.

I'm in a professional sales environment. Being 6'3" and 275 lbs, I definitely
Have to be cognizant that my size (and extremely deep voice) can intimidate people. So while I don't hide the fact that I'm into bodybuilding, I don't walk around and act like a maniac. I have to act relaxed at all times and use my body language to my advantage. That being said, my size does help me stay in control during negotiations.

I've never gotten stereotyped as being dumb, probably because I have all three of my framed degrees mounted on my wall. I've also got some of my fight pics/certs up, that should REALLY get you stereotyped as dumb but I don't get talked down to at all. I think it's all about how you carry yourself and also not making ignorant comments.

The only thing that annoys me is similar to what JBEXT mentioned. I meal prep and bring my food to work, typically just chicken breasts, brown rice and asparagus. Mostly I just get the "how can you eat the same boring stuff every day" comments from people on their way back from Taco Bell or getting ready to go smash pizza. But I get a lot of questions from people about diet and slimming down, people go through phases. I answer a lot of questions and have even done meal plans/training routines for people before. Inevitably they end up back at Taco Bell and I wonder why I bother. So the annoying thing about being the muscular guy at work is the people wasting my time. Nowadays I just tell them to look up the Mountain Dog website and to leave me alone.

I work with a former professional cyclist so at least I have ONE guy who gets it in my office.

Your personality will make you appear to be intelligent or dumb.

I am a consultant in London for a Global Service Provider, i have met no one at all who bodybuilds, most guys are either into the new metropolitan "skinny" look or they are to busy dining out and partying which leads to them being fat health wrecks. It has not hindered me in the slightest, i conduct myself in a professional manner and my size attributes my personality which is confident and strong. It is great when i meet guys who are making huge amounts of money and basically "Look down" on regular joes yet will take the time to compliment and ask me questions. As for the women....well as i say everyone is either skinny or out of shape, i have been straight asked out on the tube many times, its unbelievable.

And i am nothing special size wise but you sit amongst your regular guys and well i do stand out. Thats why i love this lifestyle, could care not for a trophy just being able to walk around every day and being seen as a strong confident man is worth it.

I also work in a professional environment and have never had an issue. It has a lot to do with attitude and not making it a big deal. Occasionally I will share training ideas when asked, but that's about it.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws