over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Need leg day Training Partner : jersey shore

TooPowerful4u

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Man its been literally impossible to find someone who is somewhat in my strength range or above and likes to SMASH legs. Most of you are aware im a maniac. Theres gotta be someone here because i damn sure cant find anyone in my area that i know of..... just be aware i bury most that have tried....

- Squat strict in the 4-500lb range for 6-12 (but i usually prefer vsquats or powersquats, hacks w bands, leg press' and lots of forced reps)

- Doesnt mind puking or passing out

- High pain thresshold

- Will push me as hard as il push them (most important)

- Dominant personality

- Decent endurance

- Has improvement goals and sense of urgency

Can check youtube :teamprofx or my instagram: philviz for ideas of how i train legs.

This is a very real and serious post. Tend to like to train mid day but will train later for a good partner. Just be a maniac and be able to keep up or PREFERABLY challenge me to keep up! Has to be by me (central NJ by coast, but im willing to travel up to 30min).

Sounds challenging, too bad Im too far away Phil not too mention me ol hip is still on the mend, don't think I would be able to do all the exercises and not too mention its about a 11 hour drive on a good day lol.
Gotta be someone up your way.

Sounds challenging, too bad Im too far away Phil not too mention me ol hip is still on the mend, don't think I would be able to do all the exercises and not too mention its about a 11 hour drive on a good day lol.
Gotta be someone up your way.

hoping man. anyone who can do it is mini and uses like 145-225. No offense to little guys but the less muscle u carry the less strenuous it is on the body. Knowing that would decrease my competitive nature. Not to mention i just wouldnt feel competitive training with someone skinny or small.... need a big boy who wants to kill it.

This was my last resort otherwise idk... people talk a big game but absolutely nobody really backs it up.....

I'm interested, check your PM inbox.

hoping man. anyone who can do it is mini and uses like 145-225. No offense to little guys but the less muscle u carry the less strenuous it is on the body. Knowing that would decrease my competitive nature. Not to mention i just wouldnt feel competitive training with someone skinny or small.... need a big boy who wants to kill it.

This was my last resort otherwise idk... people talk a big game but absolutely nobody really backs it up.....

Damn I used to handle that back in the 90's. Now im an old man of 50 and I'm lucky to get 315 for 10. I am in central nj

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not in your league whatsoever in terms of strength or development, but I do hope someone buries you just on the principle of your post...LOL j/k bro..i understand- i dont think we can ever train ourselves as hard as when someone else is pushing you

6 weeks out-Lets push each other

What's up Phil? I'm local to the shore and competing in the golds classic in 6 weeks. I'm about 205lbs and squatted 455 for 6 the other day on no carbs. I'm working with Shelby.

I'm down to smash legs some day whenever your free. I like to squat but Shelby has had me doing some banded leg press and all sorts of other things lately.

image.jpg

This is a shot from my posing lesson today with Kenny Wallach up in New Haven. No carbs so I'm really flat but ill make sure I carb up for leg day! Shoot me a PM

Last edited:
I am on the other side of the world and we both know that distance relationships don't work right.

But in saying the above- I work out pretty hard and my training partner is my 115 pound wife...just sayin

I'm interested, check your PM inbox.

What's up Phil? I'm local to the shore and competing in the golds classic in 6 weeks. I'm about 205lbs and squatted 455 for 6 the other day on no carbs. I'm working with Shelby.

I'm down to smash legs some day whenever your free. I like to squat but Shelby has had me doing some banded leg press and all sorts of other things lately.

View attachment 72932

This is a shot from my posing lesson today with Kenny Wallach up in New Haven. No carbs so I'm really flat but ill make sure I carb up for leg day! Shoot me a PM

Fuck yea! i knew id find people here! legs get it guys! im fuckin excited for once.....

I'm not in your league whatsoever in terms of strength or development, but I do hope someone buries you just on the principle of your post...LOL j/k bro..i understand- i dont think we can ever train ourselves as hard as when someone else is pushing you

I ABSOLUTELY hope so! That would be a dream and just push me harder! I sometimes lose motivation or take long breaks because i just dont get pushed. Trust me i go HARD on my sets, but i need pace and constant intensity...

Id love nothin more than one of them to bury me!

Just hit legs tonight il throw up some vids from the workout tomorrow.... next wk im excited!!!! i know people know me and nobody would have taken this up unless they were badass so im expecting an epic lift and hopefully many more

I would train with you, but I don't workout with anyone in lower weight classes. Once you compete as a superheavy, then give me a call.

il be super at Nats buddy boy where u been. I have a smartass comeback but il save it for nov 23rd :)

i luv the pic of you with ur girl in the restaurant sitting in front of 7 plates of food and you know she is only going to eat 1 pancake. cracked me up lol. i wish i could eat like that.

and i take no offense to your post. the only way you were going to find a partner that you needed was to be straight up with what you were looking for and i think you found it with mcswag. go crush it!

Last edited:
MCSwag sent me a video hitting 455x6 legit so this could be really good. Gonna try to get workouts set up with these guys asap....

Here is yesterdays leg workout. Havent squatted in 58wks, but SBD knee sleeves have me feeling like new! Not terrible for first one, but plan to drastically improve this performance! 10wks to go!

Video includes (clips merged)

500x6
405x16
315x19 drop set

I altered my form a bit to target quads because i am extremely hip and glute dominant. Need to increase flexibility

[ame=http://youtu.be/MYcyz6nVMGY]Leg Day (first squats 1yr) 9/12 - YouTube[/ame]

See bold above: You got that right. Doing a set of 10 to failure on the bench press when you can only use 100 lbs results in very little systemic stress, but a set of 400 lbs for the same is a whole different story.

This becomes even more noticable when training larger bodyparts, such as legs.

great video! that got me pumped. i can definitely see how you could go throw a lot of training partners. i know i wouldnt wanna squat like that. big props bro!

See bold above: You got that right. Doing a set of 10 to failure on the bench press when you can only use 100 lbs results in very little systemic stress, but a set of 400 lbs for the same is a whole different story.

This becomes even more noticable when training larger bodyparts, such as legs.

Very true. Additionally the blood volume, oxygen, nutrients and other bodily resources required to power a larger sized muscle (as well as increased byproduct) greatly increases stress and difficulty. A set of 10 with 22" legs is nowhere near the same as a set of 10 with 30" legs, even regardless of the load.

great video! that got me pumped. i can definitely see how you could go throw a lot of training partners. i know i wouldnt wanna squat like that. big props bro!

lol i got up after 4-5min started my intra and told my buddy "that doesnt count, NOW my workout starts" as his jaw hung lol

At that point pace, reps and volume picked up hard.... i always do a primary movement first with lots of rest and heavy weight and all focus on intense contraction. Sometimes two. I dont want exhaustion or breathing to interfere with load. THEN i start with heavy load and faster pace and fatigue can set in as it will without regard for strength (since iv already got that out of the way) and focus on pain and blood volume. Im not some maniac who will jump into a set still heaving for air, but il push the pace to the greatest extent i can to force the muscle to work and give it minimal rest.

Good shit Phil. This will be one hell of a work out.. I'm going to need a cheat meal the night before! haha

We will definitely have to take some videos and post them up here after were done. Looking forward to it!

Good shit Phil. This will be one hell of a work out.. I'm going to need a cheat meal the night before! haha

We will definitely have to take some videos and post them up here after were done. Looking forward to it!

Yea you better tell Shelby you are about to do a high intensity high volume 2-3hr workout lol

my carbs have been 800 so weight doesnt plummet so im good lol

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner