over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ab help - should i keep cutting

themav

Newbies
Guys,

Ive been on a cut and I have lost 14 pounds in 6 weeks. I was hoping to see a bit more abs at this stage and it's been pointed out to me that my ab development is seriously lacking?

Is it a case that i need to carry on cutting or do you think that if i carry on cutting i still wont get the abs i want. I do squats and deadlift and no direct ab work.

If i carry on cutting and do weighted ab work the muscle wont build anyway on deficit?

Would i be better off starting a bulk/recomp and really hitting the weighted abs and then in 6 months cut again with hopefully thicker abs?

I'm currently on Tren A, Test, Mast and GHRP2 / MOD-GRF.

Where do i go from here?

Thanks

2e3a99i.jpg

I'm giving advice I was giving and have a hard time following.
Do abs 10-15 min 5days a week.

Although I always have abs and I'm taking the same stuff you are plus more, you just look like you need to keep pushing the diet alittle harder, your skin looks thick over your abs so you holding fat there or it's alot of water (or both obviously).

I'm not an expert but keep it up until you get the results your looking for, I know I'm glad I did, really keeps me motivated.

@Xelflex - thanks for your suggestions much appreciated.

It's just bodyfat. Lose another ten pounds and your abs will look much better.

6 weeks isn't much.

Keep doing what you're doing and add some ab work EOD.

diet, man.
weighted ab work wont do much for you. nothing, really.
except maybe make u have abs that stick out.
I have the same problem, but my thing is these love handles and little bike tire that just wont go away. my waist is down to 34 from 37 but right below me belly button it's 36. like a mini belly button pot belly thing. damn it.

Keep dieting, you can see your intercostals peeking through so you're not that far away. Drop all carbs except for Pre/Post workout.

I'm not sure what you think about intermittent fasting, but it always works for me when I hit a plateau while cutting.

I have the same problem, but my thing is these love handles and little bike tire that just wont go away. my waist is down to 34 from 37 but right below me belly button it's 36. like a mini belly button pot belly thing. damn it.

If you get really lean and those don't disappear, there's lipostabil.

Thanks for all the replies - feel a bit more positive about it all - felt like i had hit a crossroads as what to do next.

I am doing IF at the minute 16:8. eating window is between 2pm and 10pm - stops me snacking in the evenings. Ignore 2pm and 9pm on the MP chart.

On training days i'm hitting 3000cals and non training days 2600.

* the 5pm Before training is a mixture of pre and post eating.

- tuna and rice/rissotto before and then kitkat chunky (fast carbs) and protein shake for after)

14uar2g.jpg

Should i reduce calories on non-lifting days and up them on training days?

I do squats and deadlift and no direct ab work.

do you expect to have a huge biceps from just doing rows?
do you expect to have huge delts from just bench pressing?

no direct ab work means you wont have good abs.

you will still have abs if your BF is low enough, but they will not look above average.

and im waiting for the first one to come with the fucking "abs are made in the kitchen"-phrase now. lol.

skinny 100lbs twinks also have visible abs because they have low BF.
they also have a visible biceps peak. on their 10 inch arms.

abs are made in the gym. they are made VISIBLE in the kitchen.

do you expect to have a huge biceps from just doing rows?
do you expect to have huge delts from just bench pressing?

no direct ab work means you wont have good abs.

you will still have abs if your BF is low enough, but they will not look above average.

and im waiting for the first one to come with the fucking "abs are made in the kitchen"-phrase now. lol.

skinny 100lbs twinks also have visible abs because they have low BF.
they also have a visible biceps peak. on their 10 inch arms.

abs are made in the gym. they are made VISIBLE in the kitchen.

i agree to a certain extent. heavy compound movements have made my abs look a lot thicker than a "skinny 100lb twink". Heavy squats, deads, even rows, even BENCH, contribute to working your core. Is there benefit to doing weighed ab work? Yeah sure, but is it absolutely necessary for developing GOOD looking abs? I would say no, not really.

hit some abs and keep dieting.

I prefer to do abs before my workout as a warm-up, helps get the blood moving.

One critique on the diet that may be holding you back, seems like you're consuming a lot of sodium (pre-processed meals). You could be holding some extra water weight around your midsection.

PS-I NEVER work abs and get compliments about them all the time. If you stay lean enough and do a lot of compound core exercises it's completely unnecessary and can end up giving you a bloated midsection.

i agree to a certain extent. heavy compound movements have made my abs look a lot thicker than a "skinny 100lb twink". Heavy squats, deads, even rows, even BENCH, contribute to working your core. Is there benefit to doing weighed ab work? Yeah sure, but is it absolutely necessary for developing GOOD looking abs? I would say no, not really.

true, squats and deadlifts will work your core and make your abs "thicker". however, you will NEVER get the same ab activation with squats or deadlifts that you get with "real" ab isolations.

do 5 sets of squats and then do 5 sets of cable crunches and tell me which exercise made your abs burn like hell...

One critique on the diet that may be holding you back, seems like you're consuming a lot of sodium (pre-processed meals). You could be holding some extra water weight around your midsection.

PS-I NEVER work abs and get compliments about them all the time. If you stay lean enough and do a lot of compound core exercises it's completely unnecessary and can end up giving you a bloated midsection.

anyone with abs get compliments on them. because most people simply dont have any abs at all. they dont have to look good to get complimented.

and lol, a bloated midsection from doing ab isolations? are you for real? :banghead:

You are carrying a little fat still and will benefit from a longer diet, that being said you should definitely incorporate core work into your workouts if that's where you want to see progress..
EOD 30 weighted crunches 30 weighted leg raises 30 roman chair sit ups x 3 with no pause between exercises has worked well for me, but like anything you will need to switch that up when your body gets used to it to keep seeing results.

Some great advice and food for thought deffinately motivated me to hit the abs!

i'm going to ditch the supernoodles and uncle bens ristto for brown rice and wholemeal pasta - cheaper aswell as less sodium as suggested.

and lol, a bloated midsection from doing ab isolations? are you for real? :banghead:
Yep, totally for real. I should've specifically said weighted ab isolations though. The bigger your abs the bigger your midsection. It's not a problem for most who are building up from a smaller frame, but if you already have a larger midsection (like themav) then you can end up with a skinnyfat look because you're out of proportion. If there's one thing I think is a bad trend in BBing, it's the over proportioned midsections. Need to get back to this:
728-arnold-schwarzenegger-six-pack-abs-mr-olympia.jpg

anyone with abs get compliments on them. because most people simply dont have any abs at all. they dont have to look good to get complimented.
This statement really doesn't make any sense. I didn't say WHO was commenting (most of my friends are fighters, figure models so they have a pretty good perspective on what looks good). Can we get back to helping this guy out and stop attacking comments?

Let's cut the chase here. Some guys don't have to work them and have great abs. Other guys work the Hell out of them and never have great Abs, That is from genetics. I have great intercostals from doing hardly anything, but my front abs, I have to really work on them. To the OP, you just have to be a little leaner, that is all.

Abs to a point are like calves, you either have them or you don't. I've never trained abs in my life but when I stay away from the chocolate Isle for a while they become my standout body part. Chunky and veiny even at about 10%. Small waist and good abs are one of the few things I was handed on a plate. That said you still need to diet about another 6 weeks. They will Come out

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner