over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone here still using DC Training?

Jeremy24

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I recently just switched back to it after becoming stagnent with my volume routine. I forgot how much i enjoy it, i love the challenge of knowing that you have to do better than the previous workout. Plus i always make solid gains from DC blasts.

Only thing i did diffrent is im rotating 2 exercises instead of 3, BIGMIKE295 recommended this to me.

DC is a great variation of HIT. Very usable for a while, until you hit a plateau, like every system.

DC will forever hold a place in my programming.... Right now I am using Fortitude Training, but after I use this for a long time, I may go back to DC for a blast or two, then back to Fortitude Training.

In the past, I would rotate DC training with Mountain dog training or Titan Training.

As Alec said, you will eventually reach a point of stagnation, this is why you periodize your training. Do DC for a while, go to a higher volume routine for a little while, then back to DC. The strength you gain on DC will carry over to the volume training and allow you to use heavier loads and have greater time under tension and push sets further. Additionally, going from DC to volume gives your joints a break so you can come back and be able to kill it again with healthy joints.

DC is also a way to "get back to basics." Meaning, you focus on the big bang moves and train progressively without doing anything fancy. It is just about grit and pushing yourself and it forces you to go balls out because you know you only have 1 set (with 3 failure points on the 2 way, but the 3 way is different) to crush it and it is do or die. You either beat the logbook or you suffer the pain of defeat and have to swap an exercise. When it comes to training, there are few moments more mentally challenging than blasting away for a while and really getting your weights up there and then one day you look in your logbook and see what you did last time and you feel your heart skip a beat, body temperature rise and muscles tense and think, "How the fuck did I ever do that? And I have to beat THAT?" and you feel and sense of calmness overtake your body as your mind goes blank, with the exception one thought, beat the logbook. AT. ALL. COSTS.

If you look at the DC guys, you see they all have a similar quality. Very hard, dense physiques.... There is just something about that kind of heavy, intense, progressive overload that gives a body a certain look

DC will forever hold a place in my programming.... Right now I am using Fortitude Training, but after I use this for a long time, I may go back to DC for a blast or two, then back to Fortitude Training.

In the past, I would rotate DC training with Mountain dog training or Titan Training.

As Alec said, you will eventually reach a point of stagnation, this is why you periodize your training. Do DC for a while, go to a higher volume routine for a little while, then back to DC. The strength you gain on DC will carry over to the volume training and allow you to use heavier loads and have greater time under tension and push sets further. Additionally, going from DC to volume gives your joints a break so you can come back and be able to kill it again with healthy joints.

DC is also a way to "get back to basics." Meaning, you focus on the big bang moves and train progressively without doing anything fancy. It is just about grit and pushing yourself and it forces you to go balls out because you know you only have 1 set (with 3 failure points on the 2 way, but the 3 way is different) to crush it and it is do or die. You either beat the logbook or you suffer the pain of defeat and have to swap an exercise. When it comes to training, there are few moments more mentally challenging than blasting away for a while and really getting your weights up there and then one day you look in your logbook and see what you did last time and you feel your heart skip a beat, body temperature rise and muscles tense and think, "How the fuck did I ever do that? And I have to beat THAT?" and you feel and sense of calmness overtake your body as your mind goes blank, with the exception one thought, beat the logbook. AT. ALL. COSTS.

If you look at the DC guys, you see they all have a similar quality. Very hard, dense physiques.... There is just something about that kind of heavy, intense, progressive overload that gives a body a certain look

yep i agree, i love DC and always end up coming back to it, after blast with other training styles.

I actually just bought fortitude training, going to give it an honest shot after this DC blast

yep i agree, i love DC and always end up coming back to it, after blast with other training styles.

I actually just bought fortitude training, going to give it an honest shot after this DC blast

The attitude and mental rigidness that is built in DC carries over very well to FT. You are going to love it. The pain is different with FT than it is with DC. With DC, you know how you get that, deep burn that feels like each body part is about to fall off? Well, with FT, it more like your whole body got hit by a truck and someone took a baseball bat your lungs. It is very metabolically stimulating and provides for very unique stimuli with each of the training days.

It still provides for heavy progressive overload and instills the beat the logbook attitude, but in a different way. I really enjoy the way the program is structured and Scott has been awesome in providing support for those who have questions on his website.

DC is by far my favorite training style. It's completely responsible for my strength gains. I'll swap between that and a traditional higher volume training every 4-6 months. The ONLY drawback about DC (for me) is that I'm not a kid anymore. Lifting so heavy takes it's toll on my joints. The high volume period is more of a rest for me than anything. But I always end up back with DC.

David Henry still uses it...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05MQzVS0a7U"]Olympia Bound - Jose Raymond Trains Back with Dave Henry - YouTube[/ame]

Actually he is using a program designed by Scott Stevenson... Dave Henry talks about using Fortitude Training, which is Scott's new program. I hope Scott comes in here to clarify, but I believe the program Dave uses is something that Scott put together prior to Fortitude Training, but it isn't exactly Fortitude Training as described in the ebook.

Scott / Homonunculus? What say you?

I recently just switched back to it after becoming stagnent with my volume routine. I forgot how much i enjoy it, i love the challenge of knowing that you have to do better than the previous workout. Plus i always make solid gains from DC blasts.

Only thing i did diffrent is im rotating 2 exercises instead of 3, BIGMIKE295 recommended this to me.

How is your DC split setup?

I liked dc back when I first joined a gym in '11.
I got stronger than ever in a short period of time for sure.
I also got fat.
but every now and then I go to it when the mood strikes, but only for 4 weeks or so. maybe 6 weeks. at 44 I burn out quick from it.

I also got fat.

but every now and then I go to it when the mood strikes, but only for 4 weeks or so. maybe 6 weeks. at 44 I burn out quick from it.

No offense but I believe fatness comes from diet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How is your DC split setup?

Day 1 Biceps, forearm , back width back thick
Day 2 Chest delts Tricep
Day 3 Off
Day4 Calves hams quads
Day 5 repeat day 1 diffent exercises
Off
Off
Repeat day 2 diffrent exercises
Etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually he is using a program designed by Scott Stevenson... Dave Henry talks about using Fortitude Training, which is Scott's new program. I hope Scott comes in here to clarify, but I believe the program Dave uses is something that Scott put together prior to Fortitude Training, but it isn't exactly Fortitude Training as described in the ebook.

Scott / Homonunculus? What say you?

I think someone who actually watches that video will have a clear picture of Dave's respect and gratitude for DC training, as well as the he's currently using a different training style that I helped him with.

(Technically, Dave's still using a prototype of Fortitude Training, but the plan is to get him up to speed with the real deal this off-season.)

-S

DC training used to be my favorite out of anything, until I bought one of John Meadows workouts. His workouts are sick to say the least. I'll go back to DC training once I'm done this 12 week jm run until I buy another workout from him.

I also got fat.

So you did little to no cardio and did not monitor your diet properly, if at all. Very likely since you said you had just first joined a gym at about that time.

A workout doesn't cause you to gain adipose tissue, now with it being more abbreviated than high volume workouts I could see the argument for less calories being burned, but not even close to enough to get you fat in a short time frame. Hell, the amount of muscle activation and how short the breaks are I'd still argue it burns a hell of a lot of calories. Throw in a widowmaker on squats and your BMR is soaring for a few hours.

one page and already: DC made me fat and DC is a version of hit...

oh I miss my days on intense muscle.:) it was like this every f day.

No it isn't at all.

If you guys were curious because Im older, have been lifting for so long this is how I personally do things

Sunday chest (rear delts for my own personal reason) abs
1)incline smith 4 progressively heavier sets up to all out rest pause set for 16-20rp
2) another incline movement (3 progressive warmups) one all out rest pause set for 16-20rp
3) flat or decline movement (3 progressive warmups) one all out straight set
4) reverse grip flat smith machine presses (im good at these so I like these for chest and triceps) (3 progressive warmups) one all out straight set
(done chest)
-------------------------------------------
rear delts- after warmups one all out rest pause set for 16-20 reps (I do these for my own personal reason of health/balance/injury prevention)
abs all out set of incline situps followed by incline crunches

Blasphemy!!!! now if I counted warmups how many sets am I doing for chest?

17 sets!!! How is that HIT?

Monday Biceps and forearms and calves
biceps exercise #1 after warmups restpaused
biceps exercise #2 after warmups straight setted
biceps exercise #3 after warmups Hammer curl straight setted
forearms straightsetted exercise
leg press calves warmups and all out rest pause set for 20-30
soleus machine calves warmups and all out rest pause set for 20-24

Tuesday
Hams
2 exercises both restpaused after warmups
quads 3 exercises straight setted after warmups but I do higher reps now at my age
adductor machine rest paused after warmups

Wenesday off

Thursday shoulders and triceps
Shoulder press warmups and all out rest pause
lateral raise warmups and all out rest pause
different version shoulder press warmups and all out rest pause
Triceps PJR extensions warmups and all out straight set
EZ bar extensions warmups and all out rest pause set
DIP Machine warmups and all out rest pause set

Friday Back
because its on a machine seated Heavy row warmups and all out rest pause
One arm Hammer pulldown machine warmups and all out rest pause
pulldown machine, rack chins or similar warmups and all out rest pause
rack deadlifts straight setted

done

Saturday off

The whole concept of DC training has and will always be get as big as humanly possible as quickly as possible.

When your much smaller and not up to snuff size wise that is training bodyparts often with the same concepts as above but with less exercises so you can recover and train that bodypart again quickly.

when you are intermediate you add exercises that feel necessary but lose a little in the frequency department

when you are advanced you still do a low workload (after warmups) but you do more exercises with the same rest pause concepts.....

this is the strongest statement I can ever ever ever say about bodybuilding. In my opinion the most important thing in this endeavor is mechanical positioning. It is the make or break of it. Everyone who isn't gaining loses sleep that they aren't doing
a) enough sets
b) too much sets
c) are in the wrong rep range
d) etc

Its a bunch of bullshit.....Do you know what you aren't doing if you aren't gaining size? One of two things mainly...You are not training progressively.....which most smart people who have figured out training know they have to do so that's the lesser problem......THE MAIN PROBLEM IS MECHANICAL POSITIONING. You need to put yourself into positions in exercises unique to your own bodies structure and then get progressive with those mechanical positions. Do you think people ever do this....NEVER!!!! They have shitty arms and have been training for 8 years and still do the same 4-8 bicep movements and the same 4-8 tricep movements they have just proven to themselves for the last 8 years HAVENT WORKED FOR THEM!!! Yet they keep thinking "well maybe im not doing enough sets, maybe im doing too many sets, maybe im in the wrong rep range....NO! You are doing the wrong exercises for your unique physical makeup.

Want to know an exercise that works for virtually everyone.
Squats...Not everyone but for the majority taking 135 for 12-20 squats and bringing that up to 405-500 pound squats for 12-20 reps are going to make your quads monstrous....almost universally...and with your connections and genetics and shape....the outcome will be determined by your unique genetics.

So there is an example of an exercise that is almost universally beneficial to people...but there is a slew of exercises that don't work...just don't plain work for people ....and its your job as a bodybuilder to tweak and experiment and put yourself into mechanical positions until you think "AHHHH there it is....I think that is it....now I have to get progressive with this"

Ill give you an example. A lot of people myself included...barbell curls and cable curls and dumbbell curls really don't do much for us. We do the same things the majority of people do bicep wise but there isn't much of a result. I have to find exercises that do two things
a) stabilize my elbow totally
b) pull my arm backwards first before I begin the curl process (maybe ill put up a video and show this)

Lats--a lot of people do the same same same exercises year after year over and over and they have proven to themselves (although they wont admit) that these exercises the way they are doing them aren't doing jack shit for themselves.

I can spend 30 minutes with someone (and have Just ask Dusty Hanshaw or Justin Harris who I showed a few tweaks in person) and show someone how to transform a simple lat movement that hasn't worked for the last 5 years to something that starts packing on width from that moment onward

So what im trying to put out there for thought process is....stop worrying so much about "am I doing enough? am I doing too much?" and start really putting some thought about the mechanical positions you are in, the stretches you are in, the pauses you in in, the angles you are in that have proven over time to work for you or NOT work for you

Last edited:
No it isn't at all.

If you guys were curious because Im older, have been lifting for so long this is how I personally do things

Sunday chest (rear delts for my own personal reason) abs
1)incline smith 4 progressively heavier sets up to all out rest pause set for 16-20rp
2) another incline movement (3 progressive warmups) one all out rest pause set for 16-20rp
3) flat or decline movement (3 progressive warmups) one all out straight set
4) reverse grip flat smith machine presses (im good at these so I like these for chest and triceps) (3 progressive warmups) one all out straight set
(done chest)
rear delts- after warmups one all out rest pause set for 16-20 reps (I do these for my own personal reason of health/balance/injury prevention)
abs all out set of incline situps followed by incline crunches

Blasphemy!!!! now if I counted warmups how many sets am I doing for chest?

17 sets!!! How is that HIT?

Monday Biceps and forearms and calves
biceps exercise #1 after warmups restpaused
biceps exercise #2 after warmups straight setted
biceps exercise #3 after warmups Hammer curl straight setted
forearms straightsetted exercise
leg press calves warmups and all out rest pause set for 20-30
soleus machine calves warmups and all out rest pause set for 20-24

Tuesday
Hams
2 exercises both restpaused after warmups
quads 3 exercises straight setted after warmups but I do higher reps now at my age
adductor machine rest paused after warmups

Wenesday off

Thursday shoulders and triceps
Shoulder press warmups and all out rest pause
lateral raise warmups and all out rest pause
different version shoulder press warmups and all out rest pause
Triceps PJR extensions warmups and all out straight set
EZ bar extensions warmups and all out rest pause set
DIP Machine warmups and all out rest pause set

Friday Back
because its on a machine seated Heavy row warmups and all out rest pause
One arm Hammer pulldown machine warmups and all out rest pause
pulldown machine, rack chins or similar warmups and all out rest pause
rack deadlifts straight setted

done

Saturday off

The whole concept of DC training has and will always be get as big as humanly possible as quickly as possible.

When your much smaller and not up to snuff size wise that is training bodyparts often with the same concepts as above but with less exercises so you can recover and train that bodypart again quickly.

when you are intermediate you add exercises that feel necessary but lose a little in the frequency department

when you are advanced you still do a low workload (after warmups) but you do more exercises with the same rest pause concepts.....

this is the strongest statement I can ever ever ever say about bodybuilding. In my opinion the most important thing in this endeavor is mechanical positioning. It is the make or break of it. Everyone who isn't gaining loses sleep that they aren't doing
a) enough sets
b) too much sets
c) are in the wrong rep range
d) etc

Its a bunch of bullshit.....Do you know what you aren't doing if you aren't gaining size? One of two things mainly...You are not training progressively.....which most smart people who have figured out training know they have to do so that's the lesser problem......THE MAIN PROBLEM IS MECHANICAL POSITIONING. You need to put yourself into positions in exercises unique to your own bodies structure and then get progressive with those mechanical positions. Do you think people ever do this....NEVER!!!! They have shitty arms and have been training for 8 years and still do the same 4-8 bicep movements and the same 4-8 tricep movements they have just proven to themselves for the last 8 years HAVENT WORKED FOR THEM!!! Yet they keep thinking "well maybe im not doing enough sets, maybe im doing too many sets, maybe im in the wrong rep range....NO! You are doing the wrong exercises for your unique physical makeup.

Want to know an exercise that works for virtually everyone.
Squats...Not everyone but for the majority taking 135 for 12-20 squats and bringing that up to 405-500 pound squats for 12-20 reps are going to make your quads monstrous....almost universally...and with your connections and genetics and shape....the outcome will be determined by your unique genetics.

So there is an example of an exercise that is almost universally beneficial to people...but there is a slew of exercises that don't work...just don't plain work for people ....and its your job as a bodybuilder to tweak and experiment and put yourself into mechanical positions until you think "AHHHH there it is....I think that is it....now I have to get progressive with this"

Ill give you an example. A lot of people myself included...barbell curls and cable curls and dumbbell curls really don't do much for us. We do the same things the majority of people do bicep wise but there isn't much of a result. I have to find exercises that do two things
a) stabilize my elbow totally
b) pull my arm backwards first before I begin the curl process (maybe ill put up a video and show this)

Lats--a lot of people do the same same same exercises year after year over and over and they have proven to themselves (although they wont admit) that these exercises the way they are doing them aren't doing jack shit for themselves.

I can spend 30 minutes with someone (and have Just ask Dusty Hanshaw or Justin Harris who I showed a few tweaks in person) and show someone how to transform a simple lat movement that hasn't worked for the last 5 years to something that starts packing on width from that moment onward

So what im trying to put out there for thought process is....stop worrying so much about "am I doing enough? am I doing too much?" and start really putting some thought about the mechanical positions you are in, the stretches you are in, the pauses you in in, the angles you are in that have proven over time to work for you or NOT work for you
I need a session with you.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236