YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Mr. Olympia prize money.... Cheap Bastards!

Medic08

Kilo Klub Member
I just looked up the total prize money for the Mr. Olympia and I can't believe how much they rip off the winners. They make multi-millions of dollars for the weekend and their total pay out was only $950,000. It might sound like a lot, but not when you consider how many people they paid. It's gotta be a big slap in the face when Phil Heath pocketed $275,000 alone and the entire 212 division pay out was $60,000! Men and women's physique payouts were only $10,000 each. That's really gotta suck considering I'm sure a lot of these people spent way more than their winnings prepping for the show, supplements, paying for coaches, coaches percentages of winnings, travel/lodging costs, etc.... I'm sure the bigger name competitors get their sponsors to pay for some of this stuff, but I doubt everyone has that luxury.

Anyway, here's the total breakdown of each class.

Mr. Olympia: $650,000

212 Showdown: $60,000

Ms. Olympia: $60,000

Fitness Olympia: $60,000

Figure Olympia: $60,000

Bikini Olympia: $40,000

Men’s Physique Showdown: $10,000

Women’s Physique Showdown: $10,000

Total: $950,000

Last edited:
I saw a post on MD from a female competitor arguing that the women should be paid the same as the men LOL

Thats bodybuilding. If you are going to compete it better be for love of the game. Only the guys at the very top are making a nice living off competing and endorsements, and when i say the top i mean the top 8-10 guys.

Dont get me wrong there are other ways to make money in bodybuilding, competing just doesnt pay well. Thats why most guys need to train clients on the side.

Evidently the money is there, it just doesnt trickle down to the athletes.

there are other ways to make money in bodybuilding

Grapefruit.jpg

I saw a post on MD from a female competitor arguing that the women should be paid the same as the men LOL

LOL what a joke. Infact they should cut bikini and give the 40k to the 212 winner

LOL what a joke. Infact they should cut bikini and give the 40k to the 212 winner

Agreed. I mean who really goes to the Olympia to watch bikini besides their friends and family. Don't get me wrong, they're smoking hot, but bikini shouldn't be a division.

Lol you guys crack me up. When i first saw the grapefruit i was like WTF is Medic talking about? Then i remembered...

Yeah the Bikini division is just to make the shows more appealing to the masses. Now pro cards are given out left and right with all these new divisions. A girl who has been training for a couple years can get a pro card, where the guys it takes a lifetime of work and training.

Lol you guys crack me up. When i first saw the grapefruit i was like WTF is Medic talking about? Then i remembered...

Yeah the Bikini division is just to make the shows more appealing to the masses. Now pro cards are given out left and right with all these new divisions. A girl who has been training for a couple years can get a pro card, where the guys it takes a lifetime of work and training.

more like a couple months.. in the bikini, fitness, and figure divisions lol

more like a couple months.. in the bikini, fitness, and figure divisions lol

Exactly. Infact I think having sooooo many of these so called "pros" cheapens the value of an IFBB pro card. Walk out, smile, stick your ass out, get back in line...it's a freaking joke and insult for that to be on the same stage and contest as guys who have been training hardcore for years and years.

Last edited:
As long as you have a sport when men and women looks like freaks to the average public it will never be socially widely accepted and therefor not much money in it. No surprise to me...

Flex Lewis (or any 212 place) deserves the same payout as the same place in the heavyweight division, IMO. Overall winner should obviously get a larger chunk of the prize pool.

I think you gentlemen may be short-changing the women's divisions mentioned above...I know one or two competitors in those classes and it is much, much more than a couple months of work...depending on genetics (like every other class), it could be much more than a couple years. To place top 10 at the Olympia stage, you still gotta be the best of the best out of everyone in the country in your respective category.

I think you gentlemen may be short-changing the women's divisions mentioned above...I know one or two competitors in those classes and it is much, much more than a couple months of work...depending on genetics (like every other class), it could be much more than a couple years. To place top 10 at the Olympia stage, you still gotta be the best of the best out of everyone in the country in your respective category.

I agree about the Olympian women when there's some serious muscle involved,
but what happens when it's all about diet or who will take the most juice while sticking their finger down their throat?

All u have to mention is 4 letters WNBA. No way will the women get paid as much as the men.

Stike?

Baaaaaahahahaha! That's fucking awesome, Slice. That harmless fruit is what is keeping him from winning big money.
no whats sad is the world is full of judgemental pricks

Thats why bodybuilding is not a sport and never will be, no one will ever respect the rigged emotional bullshit. In real sports the winner is based on real measurable results.

Last edited:
no whats sad is the world is full of judgemental pricks

Thats why bodybuilding is not a sport and never will be, no one will ever respect the rigged emotional bullshit. In real sports the winner is based on real measurable results.

Thats not the topic we are discussing. I really dont think its a "sport" either, it is what it is. Its definitely a competition and athletics are involved in it.

Im not trying to take anything away from the women, but when it comes to prize money and the amount of time it takes to achieve greatness there is no way they should get anything near what the men get. And i do think with all the pro cards they give out now it has cheapened pro cards.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws