over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

GDA discussion.

ajdos

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
We were talking in another thread about this and it got to be a tangent in the thread so per suggestion I copied and pasted the info here.

I like to use GDA's and its my firm belief that mastery of insulin and insulin sensitivity is your greatest asset when it comes to dietary and hormonal manipulation.
These are the usual suspects in my current regimen.

r-ala by AST
200 mg

I-LOAD by Professional Supplements
Contains:
Banaba Extract (2%corsolic acid)
Gymnema Sylvestre (75% Gymnemic Acid)
Chromium Picolonate
Momordica 10:1 extract
Cinnamon 4:1 extract

Sugar Smart by Irwin Naturals
Chromium Picolonate 125mcg
Biotin 500 mcg
Flaxseed oil 900mg
Green Coffee Bean 300mg (50% chlorogenic acids) (wheres Dr fucking OZ?)
Gymnema Extract (25% Gymnemic Acids) 200 mg
Cinnamon Extract (10:1) 150 mg
Asian Ginsneg (4% ginisensosides) 100mg
Alpha lipoid acid 50 mg
Benfotiamine 15 mg
Vanadium (vanadyl sulfate) 125 mcg

NOW Foods Fenugreek
Fenugreek 500 mg (hydroxy-isoleucine)
USP Labs Anabolic Pump

Phellodendron Bark
Largerstroemia Stem

NOTE: The USP labs product I don't always take because it cost much more than the others.

Heres my thing with GDA's.

This is so simple to me -maybe some people are doing it some are not.

For me its like this, after competing the one thing you experience is the after show rebound, you can put on the most size after a show, nearly effortlessly and with WAY less drugs.
The reason?
Insulin sensitivity is super high, fat stores are super low ( they should be at least ) your body is practically a partitioning machine.

You can eat pizza and twinkies and look damned good.

Unfortunately the party ends and depending on how lean you were you start to re-gain some bodyfat with all those nice gains.

But still, I have personally put 30 lbs on in 3 weeks after a show and still had abs, good abs no less.

So it dawned on me, that if you re-create this on a micro scale, say within a 6 week period, starting by dieting down to a low(er) bodyfat. Then you add back in carbs, and some good fats. You let yourself grow, for me its about 2-3 weeks before I start to really lose the effect, so then I turn around and diet again, low carbs, and guess what?
Just like at the begining of your diet your metabolism is nice and strong you burn fat quite easily.
I'll do this for a while say 7-10 days, tighten up, increase my insulin sensitivity again, thereby resetting the system and then boom, back with the carbs and my body grows but does so with a lesser degree of fat gain, just keep shifting back and forth and you make leaner gains.

I break each phase up into a different proportion- I like to do 60% gain (higher carbs) 40% cut (lower carbs).
Each time through the micro cycle you gains some muscle and lose some fat keeping your gains slow and steady but bodyfat also low.

You are not going to NOT lose muscle during the diet phase, just a lot less, and your not going to keep from gaining fat during the gaining phase, again just a lot less.

When you're insulin sensitive you grow much easier and you uptake glucose at a higher rate. Most of us know this, so we recreate that environment with our diets and voilla.

This is where GDA's come in

GDA's increase the muscle cells sensitivity to glucose, the more you can uptake there, the more recovery and growth you can get AND the less fat gain you will get from spillover or over consumption of carbs.
You are making your glucose 'sponge' even bigger.

During the high carb phase they allow the cells to uptake more of your carbohydrate intake.

During the low phase they utilize what little carbs you get more efficiently AND in lower or zero carb environments they push you into ketosis easily.

I take them before the majority of my meals, I take them post workout 30 min before I eat, again to increase utilization of carbs even when the body is more sensitive - this way I can increase the post workout recovery potential.

You can really enhance growth potential, recovery and keep your body apt to burning fat.
Not too mention r-ala is an antioxidant, good for your liver , helps your body uptake and retain other anti oxidants like A, C, E, Selenium which is going to improve overall health.
To me its this aspect that really gets missed out on by a lot of bodybuilders who just want to eat pop tarts, take more GH, Test, slin and have it some how mysteriously all work better by taking more and not by manipulation of the bodies environment-which to me is far more important.
I see a lot of linear dieting, sure people say they rotate carbs...but usually they don't do it to the correct degree, most guys get to their off season its, relax, eat what you want, a lot of newer guys don't realize the 'dieting' never stops, it just changes.
If you can do BOTH, that is lose fat and gain muscle,then you are on to something.
You can integrate IGF, IGF DES and insulin into the picture as well.
THEY also can manipulate insulin sensitivtiy.

Maximizing nutrient uptake and minimizing fat storage should be the aim of the game.
Right now, if I could do 750 mg of say sustanon, I could really blow up.
But for now Im happy doing this.

Im sure some guys are doing thing similar to this, and some may not be doing anything.

Alot of guys just take high doses and eat Taco Bell or Burgker King 3 x's a day.
Again, eating clean 90% of the time when gaining is a key element- the diet isnt all that much different from gain to lose, just carb shifts.
Its like a giant carb rotation.

GDA's help maximize the uptake and keep slin sensitivity high.
Like I said I take them about 15 minutes before every meal during the day during the high and low phases.

BTW I don't have this perfected yet, but I know some of the guys here on PM do things with a similar mindset but I think this post could really help some others at least see some dietary things from a fresh perspective.

Im no guru nor am I trying to be one, I just have learned a system for myself over the years and I think it works well.

Last edited:
yes i do similar and am making the best results i have ever had in all my years. The key to making gains is insulin sensitivity, when you know how to manipulate this you can make big advances in your physique. I dont use GDAs, i do use peps, insulin and diet , strategically to work with this, i have also realised the body cant make constant gains, rather short pulses of gains, if you have everything lined up to fire on both ends of the spectrum the results are awesome.

IM going to add Metformin in on the next gaining phase right now I'm on day 2 of my dieting low carb phase, Ill do this for 7-10 days before upping carbs.
Really I go by my body composition, if I look flat and stringy but lean its time to shift back, if I'm looking too soft and water and have put on say 8-10 lbs its time to go back to low carbs.

EXACTLY how i play it, i acutally binned my scales, purely use the mirror, i understand what lenny was saying now about set diets etc. I have no clue how much i weigh but everyone thinks im bigger and i guess thats what counts haha!

GDAs are incredible... I was first introduced to them by homonunculus... Using GDAs while on only HRT I added over 50 pounds and was not a fat ass...

IM going to add Metformin in on the next gaining phase right now I'm on day 2 of my dieting low carb phase, Ill do this for 7-10 days before upping carbs.
Really I go by my body composition, if I look flat and stringy but lean its time to shift back, if I'm looking too soft and water and have put on say 8-10 lbs its time to go back to low carbs.

How would you incorporate metformin into a gaining phase. It's always interested me but I have never went in on it before.

How would you incorporate metformin into a gaining phase. It's always interested me but I have never went in on it before.

500 mg on an empty stomach before my morning cardio.
It will have its best absorption then and will last through the majority of the day.
I would eat higher carbs but not in excess, its there I think people experience the gastrointestinal sides from metformin is they go over board on eating carbs thinking that they must be on fibrates instead.
Metformin is going to increase insulin sensitivity in a number of ways one is preventing absorption in the gut, the carbs can and will be the issue for gas and bloating if that is overdone.
So no eating a dozen krispy kremes.

I like 400-500mg berberine and better than metiformin since it give me bad GI issues. The results are great, you can still spill but the threshold is higher. The berberine can still cause some issues but not as bad.

I also have used AP it seams to cause some weird swelling, almost watery look, but when it fades I'm full and dry.

It will have its best absorption then and will last through the majority of the day.
I would eat higher carbs but not in excess, its there I think people experience the gastrointestinal sides from metformin is they go over board on eating carbs thinking that they must be on fibrates instead.
Metformin is going to increase insulin sensitivity in a number of ways one is preventing absorption in the gut, the carbs can and will be the issue for gas and bloating if that is overdone.

Food choice and volume help, but dosnt eliminate the issue for me. Maybe lowering the dosage would help. I did 500 morning and mid day.

I love GDA's and pop a lot of ALA. I prefer NaRala as it's the most stable but if not I just double up on regular Ala like 1200mg per dose.

The Fenugreek I researched and got excited when I saw the numbers. Then I read something negative that made me stay absolutely away from it I'm on the road right now so can't look it up what spooked me .

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

GDAs are incredible... I was first introduced to them by homonunculus... Using GDAs while on only HRT I added over 50 pounds and was not a fat ass...

Can you share a little more on how you use GDA's while on HRT?

Can you share a little more on how you use GDA's while on HRT?

No difference in how you use them... Ali simply stated I was on HRT to illustrate they were a key component in gaining weight versus drugs.

I took GDAs with every carb meal...

AJ and Cerb, you guys know my GI issues... Would it be a bad idea to use metformin? I do have berberine on hand but I never used it. I use r-ala and MDs GDA... I'm looking to optimize things, so if you two or anyone else can lead me in the right direction, it would be appreciated

AJ and Cerb, you guys know my GI issues... Would it be a bad idea to use metformin? I do have berberine on hand but I never used it. I use r-ala and MDs GDA... I'm looking to optimize things, so if you two or anyone else can lead me in the right direction, it would be appreciated

From my understanding it would be a risky proposition.

So you would only be using it before cardio during a gaining phase? I understand why youd use it then during a cutting phase. Not sure why you wouldn't have it with carb meals during the day or Pwo though.

So you would only be using it before cardio during a gaining phase? I understand why youd use it then during a cutting phase. Not sure why you wouldn't have it with carb meals during the day or Pwo though.

I take my usual GDA's pre cardio as well, and I would do it for two reasons.
#1 to avoid gastrointestinal disturbance, also its better absorbed this way.
#2 to drive my body into immediate ketosis, not like it needs a lot of help at that point but it will enhance fat burning.
Let me add#3
As it kicks in and Im doing cardio, my body is becoming primed for its first and largest carb meal of the day- when those carbs hit my body is going to suck up that glucose back into muscle and liver glycogen much faster and much stronger.
So I can not only impart nutrient partitioning but a somewhat anabolic environment.
And I would be using it in both phases but to me its more important when you are taking more glucose producing carbs in the system.

The biggest problem I noticed is it drastically increased mobility time. Try the berberine first they are similar, if it bothers you metiformin will most likely be worse. I find berberine tolerable. Im thinking about trying 4gr cinnamon with both since it helps while slowing mobility.

Last edited:
I take my usual GDA's pre cardio as well, and I would do it for two reasons.
#1 to avoid gastrointestinal disturbance, also its better absorbed this way.
#2 to drive my body into immediate ketosis, not like it needs a lot of help at that point but it will enhance fat burning.
Let me add#3
As it kicks in and Im doing cardio, my body is becoming primed for its first and largest carb meal of the day- when those carbs hit my body is going to suck up that glucose back into muscle and liver glycogen much faster and much stronger.
So I can not only impart nutrient partitioning but a somewhat anabolic environment.
And I would be using it in both phases but to me its more important when you are taking more glucose producing carbs in the system.

Yea I get it. I do morning fasted cardio while gaining 4-5 times a week but I keep meals 1-3 carbless so would you still take for the potential fat burning or would you wait and maybe use later say post workout? Or both? Maybe lower in the morning before cardio and more later post workout?

Yea I get it. I do morning fasted cardio while gaining 4-5 times a week but I keep meals 1-3 carbless so would you still take for the potential fat burning or would you wait and maybe use later say post workout? Or both? Maybe lower in the morning before cardio and more later post workout?

That would change my thinking. In that case you could probably do it with meals one through three, maybe with meal 2. Start letting it do its thing then by meal 4 (which Im presuming has carbs) you get improved uptake.
Just one possible scenario.

I work out in the evening, what works well for me is taking 500mg berberine apon waking, than do some cardio. I don't have carbs till late in the day. So I take 500mg berberine pre workout with my intra shake, than 2 large carb meals after. I was losing fat and gaining muscle. Granted I started FT at the same time...but I also was on less than 1/4-1/3 of the gear I normally run.

But if you can get all the nutrients shuttled to the muscles GDAs are a great tool.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws