over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Need Insulin suggestions and advice

richards-1

Registered
I have been taking 3-4 iu humalin r 15 minutes before breakfast then 4-5 iu 1 hour prior to working out. I hear about guys taking 15-20 iu but I'm taking in 100 grams of carbs up to an hour and a half after and still get shaky and have to eat more carbs and my eyes have been watering a lot the last week. Any advice or suggestions?

Well here's my experience: I have gone up to 40 units of R.

You won't go hypo until 1.5 hours after the shot. You don't need carbs with the shot at all. I would take in a high carb/high protein meal at that 1.5 hour mark. The real dangerous point for passing out comes at the 2.25 hour mark. That is where you hit the floor if you didn't intake enough carbos.

You will have to keep a steady stream of carbs coming from the 1.5 hour mark to the 4 hour mark (5 hours with higher doses). With doses under 20iu's, you are fairly safe from going hypo 4 hours after the shot.

If you are very good at timing, 2.5g's of carbs per iu of R-slin is enough to keep you alive. 4-5g's carbs per iu should be fine for anybody and the timing and risk will be less critical.

I honestly think the hypo feeling might be mostly in your head at those doses. The body should be able to compensate for those baby doses even without taking in any carbs. However, maybe you are just very sensitive. I believe 15-20iu's preworkout is a solid dose for regular slin. Much above 20iu's seems to just produce extra fat gain (this is for those who run slin without GH. With GH you can go much higher if you like)

Anyways, that's my take on rapid slin

Edit: your real f-up is taking in your carbs before that 1.5 hour mark hits. You really need them AFTER that

Last edited:
Pretty horrible advice to give someone...especially a beginner..especially with the details he described in his original post.

Last edited:
While I agree with knight that there is some horrible advice in that post there is some good thing to pick from. Please don't up your dose until you figure out what's up.

Your timing is the problem you are having just like he said. Adjust you carbs better to the timing of the slin but please do not try to go to 4 or 5g per iu

Think it changes daily how body reacts... I did arms yesterday AM. Then was planning on legs at 4.. But shit delayed it
And I anticipated maybe not being ontime. So I just did 6iu LOG (out of R. So using this up) and an ala cap
Ate half cup cream of wheat and intra drink (started a 5in gym) contained 50gm karbion and some leucine
Done the gym and are 1/4chicken. Fries and bun from Swiss chalet around 7. And I felt off, so I slammed a kids bear paw, 2 packs of maple and brown sugar
Not sure what the deal was. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think it changes daily how body reacts... I did arms yesterday AM. Then was planning on legs at 4.. But shit delayed it
And I anticipated maybe not being ontime. So I just did 6iu LOG (out of R. So using this up) and an ala cap
Ate half cup cream of wheat and intra drink (started a 5in gym) contained 50gm karbion and some leucine
Done the gym and are 1/4chicken. Fries and bun from Swiss chalet around 7. And I felt off, so I slammed a kids bear paw, 2 packs of maple and brown sugar
Not sure what the deal was. Lol

Why go so overboard with the extra carbs. You felt a little off so you pounded an extra 100 carbs? This is how people get fat and the old slin makes you fat rumor continues.
Why not add 10 fast acting carbs wait a few min and then 10 more etc. Chances are the first 10 but almost for certain the second 10 would hAve put you back to normAl.

YA. I know. Fuck. STARVED tho. Used oatmeal instead of ice cream.
And weak body part , don't we need extra ;)

As long as you reAlized that it wasn't needed I'm cool with it. Nothing wrong with a little extra from time to time. [emoji6]

I just hate seeing people say oh I started to go hypo and then there is a shopping list of items they ate cause they "had to" lol

I am very lean the way it is and putting on some fat is not a problem if it happens. I just want to get big and have calories to support my muscle mass. I am only 195 right now and am trying to get to 210. But don't get me confused with other 195ers. People think I weigh 210 for the amount of muscle I carry.

Pretty horrible advice to give someone...especially a beginner..especially with the details he described in his original post.

You got any advice? I have seen your posts and you seem to know your shit when it comes to hgh. Which I am running hygetropin 3-4 iu every night before bed.

You should be taking about 50 carbs initially and sipping on another 50 carbs for your work out. You need to eat about 1 to 1 and 1/2 hours after your inital carb drink. Eat a protein and carb meal. That should be done right after your workout. Always keep glucose pills on hand.

Include whey protein in those carb drinks. (I like Kabolyn)

Last edited:
Yeah i have no idea where Sportbikerkid came up with that kind of advice, but when it comes to insulin if you are not sure about it you shouldnt do it, and you definitely should not give advice.

Humilin R has an onset of 30 minutes. Thats why the Mike Arnold protocol, or any protocol for that matter that involves humilin r should have the first carbs taken 20-25 minutes after the shot.

Its all about the carb timing and also about the amount of carbs. You are taking 100 grams of carbs (more than needed for 3-4 iu's) but you are getting shaky because you are waiting 1.5 hours to take them.

Its pretty simple, slin is pharmaceutical so you can easily find the peak times online if you do a little google search. If you spread 100 carbs over the 5 hours its active you could take more slin and not go hypo. Just use the Mike Arnold Protocol, the most recent one because that one is designed for Humilin R.

Make sure your last meal that had carbs prior to the shot was eaten within 2 hours of taking the slin, so your blood sugar is not low when you take it.

Using set in stone numbers like "1.5hrs" is silly....I feel hum -R hitting me in 30mins....like pesty said also your body is changing all the time as well as your insulin sensitivity....just be prepared with carbs near by....

Yes exactly. And the reason you feel it at 30 minutes is because its onset is 30 minutes. The peak times are easily available online, its a pharma drug for diabetes that a lot of people have so the info is easy to find.

Thats 1.5 hour comment is crazy. The only reason the kid hasnt passed out and gone into a coma is because he was only doing 3-4 iu's. Even at that you need carbs at the 30 minute mark.

As for the kid who said he does 10-20 iu's and that you dont need carbs for 1.5 hours i dont know why he would give some piss poor advice like that. If you do 10 iu's of Humilin R and you dont take in fast carbs for that long you will almost certainly pass out.

If you are just using Humulin R.. then I would just use it once per day.. some where around your workout time.. either pre or post workout.

Thanks every one for the input. I'm going to check out the mike arnold protocol.

Yes please do. It tells you exactly what time to take your shakes so that you will basically not go hypo. He says use 15iu, but you dont need that much at first. Start at a lower number and work your way up, but you can use more than 3-4 iu. You just need to have 1 carb per IU of Slin during the time that the slin is active. So if you do 10 iu you will need 100 carbs over the course of the 3 shakes, so like 30 carbs per shake. Mike has more in the protocol because its for 15 iu.

I dont know what that other guy was talking about 2.5 carbs per iu slin, and up to 5 grams. Thats too much, you just need it spread out correctly.

Make sure you see Mike Arnolds most recent protocol, which uses Humilin R because that will give you the correct timing for the slin you are using.

Yes please do. It tells you exactly what time to take your shakes so that you will basically not go hypo. He says use 15iu, but you dont need that much at first. Start at a lower number and work your way up, but you can use more than 3-4 iu. You just need to have 1 carb per IU of Slin during the time that the slin is active. So if you do 10 iu you will need 100 carbs over the course of the 3 shakes, so like 30 carbs per shake. Mike has more in the protocol because its for 15 iu.

I dont know what that other guy was talking about 2.5 carbs per iu slin, and up to 5 grams. Thats too much, you just need it spread out correctly.

Make sure you see Mike Arnolds most recent protocol, which uses Humilin R because that will give you the correct timing for the slin you are using.

I don't want to go buy all the separate bcaa and creatine so I'm just going to use dark matter by mhp for my shakes with some isopure protein. I think it should work just fine. Thanks

Thats fine, as long as you get the right amount of carbs and amino's you are good. All of that other stuff is to maximize the gains, but if you dont want to spend the money thats your choice.

Dark Matter is pretty good, the carbs are from Waxy Maize, not HBCD. It will work for you. You just might want to add a little extra creatine i dont think Dark Matter says how much creatine it has in it.

When you run out of Dark Matter you might want to consider getting some HBCD and Pepto pro or EAA's. Pepto pro or EAA's are better for intra workout than Whey.

Good Luck

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner