over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Did NBC cancel olympia showing?

Registered
I saw this on another board, Any truth to it? To be totally honest, I'm not surprised

Yup, an Olympia highlight show gets cancelled on an obscure channel nobody watches. Meanwhile, Muscular Development decided to make it a bigger deal than the Olympia itself that it was supposed to be on "tv." I find it amusing to be honest.

I showed a picture of "The best bodybuilder in the world" (Phil Heath) and she was like " :eek: he looks like an alien..... How is that even normal? " and walked away in disgust

i dont get why.. put the shit on youtyube it will get more views there. youtube is more relevant now than TV.

fuck that old TV channels.. but bodybuiling is more underground now than ever.. ever since AAS became illegal the sport of bodybuilding.
but the bikini fitness and male bikini is going to rule this game. o lu a few freaks will be left.

just my 2 cents

Pretty soon men's physique will kill the Mr Olympia competition. The mainstream crowd likes that skinny 130lb look with abs and boardshorts. You guys are aware that its mainly gay men who like muscles that attend bodybuilding contests and mostly "sponsor" these guys. Do a google search on Kai Green.

On the other hand, if it were aired live on actual NBC, it would be a HUGE deal

I still think it is a niche group. Should just have it on pay per view...I am getting sick of the bodybuilding.com webcast

i hope they dont cancel it but then again the general public just says oh their on steroids and cheat.

99% of them if not more dont realize the dedication while drinking their diet coke!

Agreed brutha!

Back in my day we didn't have no bodybuilding.com's, no ads on the internet, no lED billbords, no Iphone's, no a man can't take a piss or make a phone call without some darn ad ruinin me day.

physique is awesome

Last edited:
To the guy who said physique was going to take over bahahaha you must be smoking crack

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2

To the guy who said physique was going to take over bahahaha you must be smoking crack

Physique getting more and more popular.
BB is getting smaller
Supp companies are dropping BB guys for physique
The general public sees BB as unhealthy and grotesque physiques.
How do the general public see physique? Surely you can figure that one out....

I'm not a fan, but common sense should tell you which way things are heading.

Let me think, airing a contest 2 months after the fact when every possible internet media outlet has already pod cast and live streamed it.
SO we essentially should expect them to want to show a re-run of IFBB bodybuilding, I sure as hell wouldnt have watched it, and fuck that fiasco they called the Olympia this year, it was a fucking embarrassment to competition.
And Im not soley referring to the Mens BBING, Im talking in many of the divisions the judging was WAY fucked up, oh sure the big names got plenty of attention but the new entrants got NONE, relegated to low placements and the judges hardly took a look at them.
Imagine coming into a show you spent thousands on a prep for and being completely ignored and being placed lower than people who A. you already beat during the year, and B. having a placement that didnt reflect the physique you brought to the stage.
This was the case for many of the unknown new people in the sport-all that money for nothing I know a few who decided they wouldnt be going back and only focusing on shows like the Arnold Classic.
Maybe they'll change their mind, but I no longer consider the Olympia to be the pinacle of our sport its just a highlight and media publicity stunt for the IFBB now.

Let me think, airing a contest 2 months after the fact when every possible internet media outlet has already pod cast and live streamed it.
SO we essentially should expect them to want to show a re-run of IFBB bodybuilding, I sure as hell wouldnt have watched it, and fuck that fiasco they called the Olympia this year, it was a fucking embarrassment to competition.
And Im not soley referring to the Mens BBING, Im talking in many of the divisions the judging was WAY fucked up, oh sure the big names got plenty of attention but the new entrants got NONE, relegated to low placements and the judges hardly took a look at them.
Imagine coming into a show you spent thousands on a prep for and being completely ignored and being placed lower than people who A. you already beat during the year, and B. having a placement that didnt reflect the physique you brought to the stage.
This was the case for many of the unknown new people in the sport-all that money for nothing I know a few who decided they wouldnt be going back and only focusing on shows like the Arnold Classic.
Maybe they'll change their mind, but I no longer consider the Olympia to be the pinacle of our sport its just a highlight and media publicity stunt for the IFBB now.

I agree, totally bro. Infact guys at the IFBB worlds, middle eastern amateur contests...ect are FAR FAR more impressive. those guys motivate me to work hard much more then majority of ifbb guys.

Last edited:

Muscletech used to sponsor almost all the top Bodybuilders in the IFBB. How many IFBB pros do you see here? There is a reason for that. Take a look.

ATHLETES - Muscletech

The TV Guide still exists?

Lol. First of all, my competing career was done around the year 2000, so the term TV guide is probably showing my age. I meant the guide channel or whatever it may be called on directv.

Second, to the person who said it should be on pay per view, way back when I was competing, I hosted parties at my house to watch it on pay per view.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws