over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How to Tell When Fully Recovered

bmm5530

Registered
Hi guys,

Over the last couple weeks I've been intuitively training. I haven't been scheduling any rest days, only taking them when I feel like it.

My main question is, how can you tell when you're fully recovered and ready to train a body part again?

Thanks for your help,

Ben

Hi guys,

Over the last couple weeks I've been intuitively training. I haven't been scheduling any rest days, only taking them when I feel like it.

My main question is, how can you tell when you're fully recovered and ready to train a body part again?

Thanks for your help,

Ben

I rarely take days off myself.

I dont know if theres a method to know if you are truly recovered I think its easier to know when your not.

Im not one to really take days off for rest, I usually train 6 days a week. I layout my training split so that body parts get rest even though im not taking days off. I know that isnt really complete rest, but i like going to the gym its just part of my schedule.

I take no days off.. and I'm not on AAS.. I recover fast and I train hard as hell.. I feel if the muscle ain't soar its ready

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2

Assuming your goal is hypertrophy and strength, use your log book and the mirror as a guide. If you aren't able to increase the intensity of your workouts (either by weight used or volume) over a sustained period of time and/or aren't making visible changes in your physique, then you might not be recovering adequately.This might differ for every other body part. This might also differ with the amount and quality of rest and nutrition you are providing your body.

In Bodybuilding, just like in most things in life, knowing when something isn't working isn't very hard to figure out. What's difficult is breaking habits, and internalizing that one needs to change something just when it gets "easy". Those who are willing to step out of their comfort zone when it's necessary are the ones deemed to rise to the top.

-Euclides

I take no days off.. and I'm not on AAS.. I recover fast and I train hard as hell.. I feel if the muscle ain't soar its ready

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2

Well, GH helps with your recovery

When the soreness is gone. There ways to speed up recovery. The soreness is caused by lactic acid. To get rid of it quicker take a teaspoon of baking soda with 8oz of water.

When the soreness is gone. There ways to speed up recovery. The soreness is caused by lactic acid. To get rid of it quicker take a teaspoon of baking soda with 8oz of water.

ummmm... soreness is not an indicator you are not recovered.... I am plenty sore when I train each bodypart again and I am still beating my lopbook

OP, the best way to tell is trial and error. Increase the training frequency and keep increasing it until you are not longer beating your logbook day in and day out, that is when you know you reached a point where you are training too frequent. Use that point as your reference and give yourself the minimal amount of time it takes to recover (as judged by beating your logbook)...

going by feeling in regards to muscles i could train every single day for months on end.

CNS - not so much.

how are muscles even a limiting factor? i can still workout when im sore, who cares?
its the CNS that limits workout frequency.

There is Such a Thing As Overtraining, Beware! When IGF-1, MyoD & Myogenin Plummet and MAFbx Gnaws Away Your Muscles, It'll Already be Too Late to Acknowledge - SuppVersity: Nutrition and Exercise Science for Everyone

the other articles over there are really good too. its a great site.

Last edited:
After you train a muscle, it repairs itself first, THEN it adapts and becomes stronger (larger).

If you always train a muscle after it repairs itself, you will never adapt. You need just keep setting it back to repair mode. You need to give it time to repair, THEN give it time to adapt, then train it again.

After you train a muscle, it repairs itself first, THEN it adapts and becomes stronger (larger).

If you always train a muscle after it repairs itself, you will never adapt. You need just keep setting it back to repair mode. You need to give it time to repair, THEN give it time to adapt, then train it again.

Thank you for the help! That's what I'm trying to figure out is how to tell when you've adapted. I know it obviously varies person to person but I just wonder how far to push it with training frequency

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear