advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How do these guys stay so lean in the off-season?!

Knowalink

Registered
I have just finished up a show and want to put on some LEAN mass in the off-season, but it seems the second I add back in some quality calories I balloon up at an instant almost loosing all abb definition...

What is the strategy to stay lean while gaining mass? Is it carb cycling?

I feel if I keep carbs even moderate to low I will just end up inevitably fat again.

Does anyone else have a problem like this? And if not, what strategies do you take to stay lean if getting a little out of shape during offseason?

Thanks!
Knowalink

Eating correctly without binging and daily adjustments for activity levels...it all boils down to this.

The correct hormone regimen probably wouldn't hurt either. Never ran human grade gh but tried rips and mexis, 10iu a day with tren thrown in the mix and I was starving constantly, smashing plate after plate at restaraunts. Didn't gain a bit of fat, somehow actually got leaner.

Think of your food like drugs, cycle through, high low, cruise, blast, off.

Most people are two dimensional when it comes to diet...EAT EAT EAT, or slowly starve, starve, starve. Both environments are needed for a time before switching to the other.
Cycling your carbs, calories, fats, proteins, etc...

HGH t4 or t3 in mall doses i know shelby does 20min of cardio every day trying to stay lean and grow. then up the gear for some time maybe..
and do some carb cycle and then you dont train do no carbs for that day and put in fat insteed.

Do some cardio. Don't eat too much. Cancel the idea of "bulking" and "cutting". If you START lean, it's not really that hard to slowly increase cals. If you try to grow when your bodyfat is too high to begin with it is a sloppy process.

You have to approach offseason with as much passion as contest prep. Throw in a cheat meal when you really want it but follow a set plan and add calories smartly....

It's not all hormones, don't bother with thyroid. Time your nutrients well.

You have to be calculated with your off season as well as your on season. Don't eat whatever you want and think it will turn to muscle. I'm learning this too. You can still gain while being leaner. It makes you think you aren't growing as quickly. However, you avoid the to-yo effect and end up at about the same place.

Do cardio still while you are bulking. Keep your heart healthy.

I'm finding adding cals slowly is working well n using my fitness pal to track cals n macros gives me a lot more freedom.

Im aiming for a lb a week. If u don't gain for 2 weeks I add roughly 300 cals

Do some cardio. Don't eat too much. Cancel the idea of "bulking" and "cutting". If you START lean, it's not really that hard to slowly increase cals. If you try to grow when your bodyfat is too high to begin with it is a sloppy process.

You have to approach offseason with as much passion as contest prep. Throw in a cheat meal when you really want it but follow a set plan and add calories smartly....

It's not all hormones, don't bother with thyroid. Time your nutrients well.

This is really spot on, after years of doing this bulking and cutting shit , i realized you can pretty much do both and it was less to do with drugs and more to do with consistency on diet.

If you really do track your physique and know when to back of and when to eat more it makes a HUGE difference, the best guide is the mirror and dont get obsessed with the scales.

I have just finished up a show and want to put on some LEAN mass in the off-season, but it seems the second I add back in some quality calories I balloon up at an instant almost loosing all abb definition...

What is the strategy to stay lean while gaining mass? Is it carb cycling?

I feel if I keep carbs even moderate to low I will just end up inevitably fat again.
Does anyone else have a problem like this? And if not, what strategies do you take to stay lean if getting a little out of shape during offseason?

Thanks!
Knowalink

this statement in bold makes me wonder how you ate when you were dieting?
-JS

this statement in bold makes me wonder how you ate when you were dieting?

-JS

When I was dieting, I basically slowly cut out carbs. The contrast to that is to slowly add in carbs (as most offseason plans outline). I just feel like that approach inevitably leads to getting out of condition if one does not cycle their carbs at some point during the offseason or some other technique.

Take pharm gh and workout and you can pretty much eat whatever you want and stay lean.

It's called running gear in high dose.

Seriously?

^^THIS type of post is so IGNORANT! Why bother even posting? So Macros, Total Calories, Genetics, Thyroid and Activity Level have nothing to do with it huh? Hey everybody, NEWS FLASH, Just take pharma grade GH, eat like shit and you will be ready to step on stage! :banghead:

-Baseline

Take pharm gh and workout and you can pretty much eat whatever you want and stay lean.

It's called running gear in high dose.

Incorrect, the best drugs in the world only enhance, you eat a shitty unplanned diet and you will look like it BEST PHARM shit or not.

You can't enhance shit, if you have a good diet howver you can get results 3 fold.

Please stop saying that uneducated crap. You eat a enough crap even on GH and you will not be as lean as someone who does eat good.

The correct hormone regimen probably wouldn't hurt either. Never ran human grade gh but tried rips and mexis, 10iu a day with tren thrown in the mix and I was starving constantly, smashing plate after plate at restaraunts. Didn't gain a bit of fat, somehow actually got leaner.

Me too. I use to go nuts with tren and hgh and could easily down 6 huge dirty meals a day and get leaner. Was horribly unhealthy but man did I look good. I would never do that again though. My health suffered as a result.

I strongly recommend a smart hormone plan and the right caloric incremental increases. It's tricky but the formula is there

Last edited:
if you cant get LEAN on "low to moderate carbs" you are likely doing it wrong. I see some big names looking at this thread (bboy, Shelby etc) I highly doubt they advocate dieting and reducing carbs til you are on none. I wont speak for them but imo that is not optimal nor necessary.
if having "low to moderate carbs" makes you fat I don't know what to tell you.... you are a bad responder, up dose, hire a trainer, or take up bowling:confused:
-JS

Last edited:
Please stop saying that uneducated crap. You eat a enough crap even on GH and you will not be as lean as someone who does eat good.

Oh really? That's news to me. C'mon man you know exactly what I meant.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131