advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What's your guys favorite pre judging meal to carb up??

MonsterD

Newbies
I'm not new here, just don't post ever lol. Any way, I was hoping to get a little insight as to the best carb up meal before pre-judging, and what is best between the morning show and the evening show? Not amounts or anything, just best type of foods.

The best types of foods are the ones that digest best... some guys can handle greasy foods or shitload style stuff no problem, others need to stick to the kind of carbs they have been using all prep.

I personally don't like to leave anything to chance... if I haven't been eating something all prep, I am not going to eat it the day of a show (if the ingredients of a snack bar are things I normally eat, I will eat them, as they are things I have eaten all prep - so I carefully check ingredients)... I also have a very bad GI system, so I need to be more careful... but liek i said, some guys may not have eaten garbage for 16 weeks and then down fries, pancakes, doughnuts... and be fine.. what is best is to make sure you are ready for your show (condition wise) a few weeks early and then do a trial run... This way you take the guesswork out of the actual contest day.

mcdonalds double cheeseburgers and snickers

The best types of foods are the ones that digest best... some guys can handle greasy foods or shitload style stuff no problem, others need to stick to the kind of carbs they have been using all prep.

I personally don't like to leave anything to chance... if I haven't been eating something all prep, I am not going to eat it the day of a show (if the ingredients of a snack bar are things I normally eat, I will eat them, as they are things I have eaten all prep - so I carefully check ingredients)... I also have a very bad GI system, so I need to be more careful... but liek i said, some guys may not have eaten garbage for 16 weeks and then down fries, pancakes, doughnuts... and be fine.. what is best is to make sure you are ready for your show (condition wise) a few weeks early and then do a trial run... This way you take the guesswork out of the actual contest day.

I have never competed but what mental just said can be a problem for a lot of people, myself included. One year i did a ridiculously strict diet for one month, this was during a 2 year period when i didnt train (the longest layoff i have ever taken) I used an HCG spray and it allowed you to eat only 500 calories per day, and you werent even really hungry. I dropped like 30 pounds in 30 days.

Of course the diet ended the day before the super bowl... and the guy i bought the program from told me when i was done to ease back into normal foods, but thats hard on super bowl sunday. For a month i had only eaten an apple for breakfast, a chicken breast and lettuce with apple cider vinegar for lunch and the same thing for dinner, thats it !!!

I ate some garbage food during a super bowl party, and i was pretty much sick like i had a stomach virus !!!! If it had been a show, i would not have been able to go on stage i was curled up in a ball whenever i wasnt on the toilet.

I would either carb up with the carbs you ate during the diet, or give the other shitty foods a try before the show if you have enough time and you are in shape soon enough. Obviously some people can handle it.

Cito i bet when you eat that cheeseburger and snickers your veins pop up like crazy.

Isn't the idea just to carb up, and not eat 5,000 calories of greasy cheeseburgers, and candy bars?

Isn't the idea just to carb up, and not eat 5,000 calories of greasy cheeseburgers, and candy bars?

I've found that the more greasy and high sugar foods I can stomach, the dryer and nastier I get. The weird thing is, my stomach doesnt bloat either, but then again, I'm not drinking hardly any fluids.

I've found that the more greasy and high sugar foods I can stomach, the dryer and nastier I get. The weird thing is, my stomach doesnt bloat either, but then again, I'm not drinking hardly any fluids.

Yeah i didnt want to answer TEMPER'S question because i have never competed, but that is what i have heard from several people who use super greesy foods or sugary carbs when they carb up. I guess it just gives you a sick pump and really makes your skin look tight, as your muscles just pull it all in.

If you can do it and not get sick then i guess its great. I posted earlier that when i dieted hard and then ate bad food i got sick, if it had been a show i would have shit myself.

I wonder what the top level pro's prefer. I guess they have different approaches based on what has worked for them in the past.

Yeah i didnt want to answer TEMPER'S question because i have never competed, but that is what i have heard from several people who use super greesy foods or sugary carbs when they carb up. I guess it just gives you a sick pump and really makes your skin look tight, as your muscles just pull it all in.

If you can do it and not get sick then i guess its great. I posted earlier that when i dieted hard and then ate bad food i got sick, if it had been a show i would have shit myself.

I wonder what the top level pro's prefer. I guess they have different approaches based on what has worked for them in the past.

There are a lot of factors, like if you use diuretics, how your current body water is, how you normally hold water, current water intake, what drugs you are on, digestive system... Etc...

I've seen some people eat garbage and look insanely good and I've seen some people do that same and look watery and bloated... I've seen some people eat dry clean carbs and have trouble filling out...

There is going to be a fine balance of water and sodium and once you rid your body if as much extra cellular water, you need to hold as much intra cellular water to have full muscle bellies, this requires sodium... Some people also tend to do better on higher fat... There is no on size fits all answer. You need to experiment to determine what is best for you

There are a lot of factors, like if you use diuretics, how your current body water is, how you normally hold water, current water intake, what drugs you are on, digestive system... Etc...

I've seen some people eat garbage and look insanely good and I've seen some people do that same and look watery and bloated... I've seen some people eat dry clean carbs and have trouble filling out...

There is going to be a fine balance of water and sodium and once you rid your body if as much extra cellular water, you need to hold as much intra cellular water to have full muscle bellies, this requires sodium... Some people also tend to do better on higher fat... There is no on size fits all answer. You need to experiment to determine what is best for you

Yeah i know its a very intricate process with a lot of factors that contribute to the final result. Thats why i give guys credit for going through the process, it sounds grueling.

I know my stomach would implode on me. The top level guys are at the point where they know what works for them, but going through that trial and error has to be tough.

Yeah i know its a very intricate process with a lot of factors that contribute to the final result. Thats why i give guys credit for going through the process, it sounds grueling.

I know my stomach would implode on me. The top level guys are at the point where they know what works for them, but going through that trial and error has to be tough.

My first npc show Scott Stevenson coached me (I stay in touch with him still and i will hire him to coach me in the future)... His thoroughness made it easy to devise a carb up strategy, mind you, with no diuretics... Having a coach that is very very thorough takes a significant amount of stress away.

I also contracted salmonella the day before this first show eating tainted PB that was recalled a few weeks later... I have more size now, but you can get the idea of how dry I was despite all if the stuff going on...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414897748.058967.jpg

Oh man you had salmonella too ?!? You get the worst sicknesses...

You are definitely dry in that pic. I think all coaches should be thorough, they are working with someones body, gotta be smart !

Mental hit the nail on the head perfect, and I'm in the same boat as him.

My last show this was my protocol,
Cut sodium on Friday and water at 6pm took 1/2 pill dyazide at 7 and 10pm

Morning of 5am pancakes lots of pancakes lol
7am and then pretty much every 45 I ate 2rice cake w/peanut butter
18oz of sweet potato at 11am
Prejudng Stage at 1:30 loading honey and rice cakes peanut butter prior to walking out

Before night show I had a huge burger and sweet potato fries, rice cakes peanut butter, banana, sweet tarts, honey. And still looked the same.

Last edited:
I was sick everyday after the show until my coach said just go back on your exact diet. Which helped my stomach issues, but the sodium levels raised my blood pressure and I had a headache everyday till we just out sodium (hot sauce salts etc).

Now I'm rolling into my next show in a week, and have been asking quite a few people what I should do. I honestly think junk loading would serve my body type better, but like people also say why change what works?
Risk versus reward. I've lost some muscle fullness as to be expected, which didn't quite fill out on my last protocol. I'm hard and dryer this time and have been really debating how to approach this.

I asked someone here for help, I won't name any names but here's what he said works for him.
"To be honest with you I am no expert at this. I try different things every show. The best thing for me is gradually up distilled water from Tuesday til Thursday topping out at 3 gallons on Thursday, then Friday only 1/3 of a gallon. I eat a double burger and fries at 3pm, 6pm, 9pm Friday and take 1/4 tab Diazide with each meal. I have a small dr. Pepper with each meal. Sat, show day, I have 3 pancakes, 3 sausage, 3 bacon, 3 scrambled eggs at 5am, 8am , 11am, every 3 hours throughout the day with 1/5-1/4 Diazide and only sip dr pepper if needed. Any more than 1/4 Diazide tab at one time flattens me out. Any less food and I go flat. This gets me tighter and tighter. I dont use slin or Igf. I take halotestin to stay hard."

My first npc show Scott Stevenson coached me (I stay in touch with him still and i will hire him to coach me in the future)... His thoroughness made it easy to devise a carb up strategy, mind you, with no diuretics... Having a coach that is very very thorough takes a significant amount of stress away.

I also contracted salmonella the day before this first show eating tainted PB that was recalled a few weeks later... I have more size now, but you can get the idea of how dry I was despite all if the stuff going on...

View attachment 73718

I should add I was also only on 400mg a week of test E... This is was a little bump in dosage did...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414937995.601525.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414938061.440923.jpg

Damn....just nasty conditioning!!..wheres your skin?..

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear