over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Any Boston area guys here?

inoverdrive

Kilo Klub Member / Verified Customer
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Going to see the Sully Erna (Godsmack lead singer) perform in Boston in December. Trying to find out some good info on that area. Anyone from there on the board?

from there originally but don't live there any more...

its kind of a boring city not really great night life.

hit up a Kelly's roast beef on the south shore area, malden, revere or they have a ne one in Framingham...

I would have never thought that!!! I really wish I could have went to Mama Kins (Steven Tyler & Joe Perrys bar) when it was open.

idk I never went there either! lol

really never been much into concerts and stuff like that.

if you really want to blow your diet too and the weather is nice check out Sullivan's on castle island in south boston. burgers, frys, hotdogs, onion rings... OMG! really cheap and good! I never eat a hotdogs or weird processed shit like that, but if I go there I have one, freakin amazing!

Kelly's is well worth the drive to find one, get 2 large roast beef with sauce, you have to get a double cheese burger too, the one the make is awesome! then some bacon cheese frys... lol

pretty easy to see why I was 300lbs....

lol!

idk I never went there either! lol

really never been much into concerts and stuff like that.

if you really want to blow your diet too and the weather is nice check out Sullivan's on castle island in south boston. burgers, frys, hotdogs, onion rings... OMG! really cheap and good! I never eat a hotdogs or weird processed shit like that, but if I go there I have one, freakin amazing!

Kelly's is well worth the drive to find one, get 2 large roast beef with sauce, you have to get a double cheese burger too, the one the make is awesome! then some bacon cheese frys... lol

pretty easy to see why I was 300lbs....

lol!

Damn!!! Im going to try to be good so I have to be careful. Hell I gained 3 pounds just reading what you wrote. I was hoping there would be some good bars to go to that play rock and not dance music stuff. Im staying in the theatre district (I think thats what its called) near The Wilbre and only for a few days. Hell Im just stoked to see the show lol

Im from Boston but left. Like the above posting. Boring city. Unless you like to drink and look like crap then you'll fit in.

Lol

Try the north end Modern Pastry, Mikes pastry. You cant beat the food in boston ill give it that much. Kellys is good but that's such a local thing and outside of the city. Just get a canoli atleast for me. I miss them you cant get them in san diego

im from the southshore and can confirm how bad boston nightlife sucks. you have to go out in a huge group.. wayyy too cliquey. smaller surrounding towns are better i can usually head out with 2 or 3 other people run into people i know or meet new people pretty easy but if you do that in boston people assume your a leper. where exactly is this show though, thats the question.

Im from Boston but left. Like the above posting. Boring city. Unless you like to drink and look like crap then you'll fit in.

Lol

Try the north end Modern Pastry, Mikes pastry. You cant beat the food in boston ill give it that much. Kellys is good but that's such a local thing and outside of the city. Just get a canoli atleast for me. I miss them you cant get them in san diego

I live 20 mins n of boston. Kelly's sucks. There is a lot better food out there.
The N end has some great restaurants, and mikes pastry rocks.
As far as bars go, I gave that shit up a long time ago.
Check out Strega restaurant in the north end. Pricey but good.

Lol

dude! the giant cookies from Mikes are the best thing EVER! chocolate chip, is great but the peanut butter! OMG! it has like a magical consistency! lol!

im not a big canoli fan, but theres are good. lobster tails and strawberry cheese cake too! lol!

:headbang:

Lol

No kidding! I'm down here in Ft. Lauderdale and I would almost kill for a decent pizza at this point! I don't think I would classify Boston as boring. Lots of college kids, so there are a ton of drinking establishments and restaurants around Kendall Square. Funny, the only club I remember is The Landsdowne, or the place in Saugus that had three different clubs in one building, can't think of the name. Vincent's in Randolph was my favorite, but that was many years ago. I think the member Sandpig is in Boston.

Damn!!! Im going to try to be good so I have to be careful. Hell I gained 3 pounds just reading what you wrote. I was hoping there would be some good bars to go to that play rock and not dance music stuff. Im staying in the theatre district (I think thats what its called) near The Wilbre and only for a few days. Hell Im just stoked to see the show lol

well I haven't been out there in YEARS so im sure shit has changed. But....

in the area by Harvard not all that far from where you are staying, cambirdge there is a lot of places traditionally where you can hear live rock music... there is a famous place but I forget the name. some little hole in the wall where most famous people have played...

the bars down in faunal hall area ill often have rock and top 40 kind of stuff. I bounced in a number of them.

bell in hand has live rock music some night, I worked some shoes there.

there is a house of blues by fennway.

all the bars on broadway in south boston are like talky kind of places, not dancing.

the north end has a cool little cigar bar that is in the basement of a place a few doors down from mikes, I forget the name, great atmosphere and was the last place in the city you could still smoke in.

while the clubs in boston suck they are mostly in the area you are staying, or within walking distance...

there is an after hours that's like some ones apartment! lol! wtf is/was the name of that place...lol!

No kidding! I'm down here in Ft. Lauderdale and I would almost kill for a decent pizza at this point! I don't think I would classify Boston as boring. Lots of college kids, so there are a ton of drinking establishments and restaurants around Kendall Square. Funny, the only club I remember is The Landsdowne, or the place in Saugus that had three different clubs in one building, can't think of the name. Vincent's in Randolph was my favorite, but that was many years ago. I think the member Sandpig is in Boston.

for pizza its worth the 2 1/2 hour drive to go to the ORIGINAL Pepe's in New Haven! seriously best pizza ever!

santarpios in east boston is cool though.

I live 20 mins n of boston. Kelly's sucks. There is a lot better food out there.

jm750 i didnt know you were from Boston. Im from NY but i went to Northeastern University from '99-'04. I moved back up for a year to be with my ex, we lived in Melrose about 15 min north of the city. I just moved back to NY in June.

Basically what these guys are saying is true, the food in the North End is the best Italian food you will find. Il Panino is ridiculously good, and Mike's Pastry has the best italian deserts.

If you want Asian Fusion theres 2 good places, Red Lantern and Empire. Both good if you want Sushi/Asian.

The nightlife sucks compared to NY, Miami, or LA. But there are some ok places if you have never been there and you want to go out. You could check out Gem, thats a decent lounge/club. Im not sure if Cure is still open, but that is in the theater district and its pretty good. Then there are a lot of Bar's on Boylston, and downtown near Faneuil Hall.

Miss my college days....

Racepicks my man !!! I went to Northeastern. Avalon was the big club on Lansdowne and the Palace was the club in Saugus.

Like i just said, nothing compared to NY, LA, or Miami... But Racepicks isnt kidding, Boston is the college capital of the world. If you want to meet young chicks (not too young obviously) you can do damage in Bean Town.

Racepicks my man !!! I went to Northeastern. Avalon was the big club on Lansdowne and the Palace was the club in Saugus.

Like i just said, nothing compared to NY, LA, or Miami... But Racepicks isnt kidding, Boston is the college capital of the world. If you want to meet young chicks (not too young obviously) you can do damage in Bean Town.

BTW, Grow! When you come down to Ft. Lauderdale, bring me a slice of pizza from New York! Lol

You want me to? Im coming the 11th of Nov i cant wait to get tan. Gonna hit up Kitchenetta on US 1 and Houstons on the intra coastal... Lauderdale has good restaurants too.

Where should i train? The Zoo on Commercial or LA Fitness on US 1?

come on now...
there are a FEW more local places that have better roast beef, but Kelly's on a good day is pretty decent!

and that double cheese burger is special...

all of the 300 club that I know do serious damage at these places. lol!

There is a very large well known board member who is also from the area and likes to eat, maybe he will chime in.... lol!

Pizzeria Regina, the original one in the north end is good !!! If someone has never been to Boston thats a good pizza to try. And its affordable... If you wanna drop money on a nice and expensive place in the North End go to Mama Maria. And like i said earlier, Il Panino is the shit !!!

If you are staying in the theater district you can walk to a ton of bars. Cure is the lounge i mentioned earlier. There are a few other clubs in "The Alley" and also a few bars. And you can walk to Boylston St and Newbury from the theater district, so there is literally 100 places to get a drink near there.

Good luck, its a cool little city. Im a NY guy but that city was great for college.

Thanks for all the help guys! Something tells me im gonna eat well lol. But come Monday its time to hit the diet hard and the weights harder!!!!! Queefers going to help me through this all!!!!!!!!!! EXCITED

well I haven't been out there in YEARS so im sure shit has changed. But....

in the area by Harvard not all that far from where you are staying, cambirdge there is a lot of places traditionally where you can hear live rock music... there is a famous place but I forget the name. some little hole in the wall where most famous people have played...

the bars down in faunal hall area ill often have rock and top 40 kind of stuff. I bounced in a number of them.

bell in hand has live rock music some night, I worked some shoes there.

there is a house of blues by fennway.

all the bars on broadway in south boston are like talky kind of places, not dancing.

the north end has a cool little cigar bar that is in the basement of a place a few doors down from mikes, I forget the name, great atmosphere and was the last place in the city you could still smoke in.

while the clubs in boston suck they are mostly in the area you are staying, or within walking distance...

there is an after hours that's like some ones apartment! lol! wtf is/was the name of that place...lol!

Rise is the name of the after-hours club you are thinking of.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws