advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone ever try DNA testing from Muscle Genes?

nothuman

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
They are based out of the UK and can test your DNA from a saliva sample. It's not like 23andme though, this is strictly for telling you what kind of training you respond best to, what diet works for you, etc. There was a recent issue of MD where Ronnie Coleman did this and it broke down exactly his DNA when it came to fitness. Anyone heard of them or try them out? It's fascinating, but a bit pricey (roughly $275).

**broken link removed**

I tried to get in contact with these and got no reply. I'd be interested to do so but it's proved harder than I first thought.

They are based out of the UK and can test your DNA from a saliva sample. It's not like 23andme though, this is strictly for telling you what kind of training you respond best to, what diet works for you, etc. There was a recent issue of MD where Ronnie Coleman did this and it broke down exactly his DNA when it came to fitness. Anyone heard of them or try them out? It's fascinating, but a bit pricey (roughly $275).

**broken link removed**

Interesting.

Does it also tell you what foods interact well for you and what foods may not?

Or can a simple allergy test determine this?

Not sure of all the T's and C's but I think Phil was offering a service (at some point) about DNA testing

Again, not sure exactly what the details are/were.

You might want to check in with him.

Cheers
Chip

I tried to get in contact with these and got no reply. I'd be interested to do so but it's proved harder than I first thought.

They always replied to my emails almost immediately

Interesting.

Does it also tell you what foods interact well for you and what foods may not?

Or can a simple allergy test determine this?

Not sure of all the T's and C's but I think Phil was offering a service (at some point) about DNA testing

Again, not sure exactly what the details are/were.

You might want to check in with him.

Cheers
Chip

Not positive but I should be getting my results by 12/11. I'm pissed because they are offering it for $99 now so I feel I got ripped off.

This isn't really the same thing as the DNA thing Phil was offering. Completely different things they check for.

Last edited:
They always replied to my emails almost immediately

Not positive but I should be getting my results by 12/11. I'm pissed because they are offering it for $99 now so I feel I got ripped off.

This isn't really the same thing as the DNA thing Phil was offering. Completely different things they check for.

Got it - thanks.

Please do share your results and thoughts if you see it has "worth it" to get it done.

cheers

Got it - thanks.

Please do share your results and thoughts if you see it has "worth it" to get it done.

cheers

You got it. I will definitely bump this thread at that time.

You got it. I will definitely bump this thread at that time.

It does seem kind of cool... can gene expression determine muscle fiber disposition?

It does seem kind of cool... can gene expression determine muscle fiber disposition?

Yup that's one of the things it tests for. It basically goes into all your muscle genes and tells you what style of training you respond best to, along with what diet styles are right for you, among many other things. It's a very detailed list of results, which is why it takes so long for them to arrive. I'm excited to see.

Yup that's one of the things it tests for. It basically goes into all your muscle genes and tells you what style of training you respond best to, along with what diet styles are right for you, among many other things. It's a very detailed list of results, which is why it takes so long for them to arrive. I'm excited to see.

Pretty bad ass!!!

My birthday is coming up, present to myself [emoji4]

Can anyone share what the results look like? Not interested in as much as what the "findings" were but how they are presented back to you.

Curious what the report or results of the testing look like.

Awesome post-never heard of this. Thanks for the info. Wondering who in the states offers it..

Awesome post-never heard of this. Thanks for the info. Wondering who in the states offers it..

I live in the US too but you have to ship the spit sample to the UK. It's easy, other than the typically long line at the post office. No one else offers something like this. Ronnie Coleman used this and MD had an article discussing the results in detail in the magazine. It basically confirmed his freakish genetics and said he trained properly for his genes during his career.

wen yo say they tell what training you need to do, is it comprehensive program, or just if you shood do HIT or Volume training?

wen yo say they tell what training you need to do, is it comprehensive program, or just if you shood do HIT or Volume training?

Comprehensive and very detailed. The results are supposed to be pretty long

It basically confirmed his freakish genetics and said he trained properly for his genes during his career.

Ya think??...

Interesting though....i'd love to do this.....i'd love to know how shitty my genes are. LOL.... 99 bucks?...sure why not?

im a bit skeptical on this as i read as of 2014 its down to about grand to get genome sequenced. and regardless of what it told you what muscle or fat burning genes you had i doughbt going to be able to tell you what to change in your life to reach goals better becasue there to many variances in the body that make us who we are. its not like they can tell you well you need to eat x amount of protein and carbs and lift x amount of reps and sets and youll see these results quicker, yeah right, were def not there yet and not for 100$, now they can sequence a single gene that wil tell you you have a disease or in your fam for example crohns disease.

Wow that is very interesting indeed. I'll be waiting to see how you liked it Nothuman. I might jump on this...work smarter not harder

I don't know if how sensitive results are, but it would be awesome if you posted yours when you get them. This sounds really cool to me.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws