over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Douchebag RANT

method2madness

Registered
So today was leg day and I've loved training legs for the entire 25 years that I've been training/bodybuilding. I'm having a great and intense workout so of course I am a bit more vocal on this day as well. When I finish up and go to the locker room to pack my shit some kid(probably late teens/early twenties) comes in a minute after me and says "man, legs are the worst huh?, especially on Monday!" Forgetting that it is Tuesday I reply very matter of factly "Actually legs are my favorite day of the week" to which he responds, "that's crazy bro!". My response-"Not really, it's actually hard core" and then he walks out without saying another word. I was being straight forward and he apparently couldn't handle someone with a different perspective and a pair of balls to say what's on his mind. Now we're all used to sharing the gym with douchebags but at least most of us respect their right to try and get/be healthy. When the douches can't see that quality in other people that's what makes them not just annoying, but truly douchebags!! Oh, and like most of us, I love training legs not despite the pain, but because of the pain; that's what separates the men from the boys in the gym

No offense intended but it almost sounds like you were the douchebag. Sounds like the kid was just trying to make friendly conversation with someone he probably looked up to/wanted to look like, and you shot him down and made him feel bad.

No offense intended but it almost sounds like you were the douchebag. Sounds like the kid was just trying to make friendly conversation with someone he probably looked up to/wanted to look like, and you shot him down and made him feel bad.

Agreed.. he should have maybe told him the importance of putting legs first .. and told him why its hardcore in a teaching manner.. instead he took offense to sonething that wasnt offensive at all

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2

So what actually did this Douchebag do wrong? I honestly read it the first few lines then thought the bolded bit below was something bad he done later but nothing. He was just making conversation. Most guys hate training legs nothing wrong with that. I hate training abs... we all have our differences.

Legs are the worst Monday or even Tuesday nights for that matter at my gym. All racks r taken. Sundays r the best

Thank God you don't train in my gym. I hate training legs - but if you had talked down to me I might have had to knock you the fuck out :D
Ya know - cause I am hard core and all :cool:

I hate doing legs....actually havent trained them since April, and now that I'm retired from competing, I may never do them again....seriously, I'm not even joking.

you should of punched that dickhead in the face

I hate doing legs....actually havent trained them since April, and now that I'm retired from competing, I may never do them again....seriously, I'm not even joking.[/QUOT

Well - now we know Q ain't "hardcore" either.. Although - Q you really could just toss an extra gram or two of kratom and you wouldn't even feel the pain!!! :D. Honestly - that last order I got was STUPID!! I added a pinch of the resin and I literally feel like my back is brand new man!!

I hate doing legs....actually havent trained them since April, and now that I'm retired from competing, I may never do them again....seriously, I'm not even joking.

I'm donating the money MG is sending me for Serum testing to Queefer so he can buy Board shorts, in exchange for a year supply of Kratom.:D

you should of punched that dickhead in the face

Right on!! WTF was he thinking addressing the top cat and freaking whining??? Everyone in my gym knows better than to speak to me I can promise you!!! They know I just don't be giving a fuck and I won't tolerate none of that bs!! :D

First of all, I was being straight forward, not condescending. Second of all, his tone of voice was not one that came off as conversational, mine was; his tone was the condescending one and I've been training for 25 years, long enough to know what's what. I have never been a dick to anyone in the gym who wanted to talk training or who might be looking for advice and I certainly didn't start doing that tonight. I guess you just had to be there to actually hear how it went down, maybe I didn't do the best job of explaining it.

Right on!! WTF was he thinking addressing the top cat and freaking whining??? Everyone in my gym knows better than to speak to me I can promise you!!! They know I just don't be giving a fuck and I won't tolerate none of that bs!! :D

I was talking to the kid

I was talking to the kid

I get it - I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed man.:D. I actually thought you were making a sarcastic suggestion - so I guess I kind of was on the same page..

To OP - I don't mean any offense. I understand that you didn't quite explain it how you wanted.. But based on the way I read it and had you actually said it to the kid that way - it would have been a major tool bag comment..
I can't stand the pussies that think somehow they have more right to the gym than others.. I am a family lean 230 now - but I was far more dangerous when I was a 170lb Marine I can promise you. I enjoy training and my wife digs the beef (wait that didn't come out right) - but I wouldn't feel any "less a man" if I lost every pound tonight... That would scare the shit out of me though so I hope it doesn't happen

That's very true we would of had to of been there to understand how he was saying it, I'm a new by to this site and working out I just started like 3 weeks ago I have a lot of questions and if I would of been there I prolly would of asked a ton of questions but in a respectfully manner cause i d hate to step on anyone's toes specially how small I am I'd get thrown around like a football lmao

I get it - I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed man.:D. I actually thought you were making a sarcastic suggestion - so I guess I kind of was on the same page..

To OP - I don't mean any offense. I understand that you didn't quite explain it how you wanted.. But based on the way I read it and had you actually said it to the kid that way - it would have been a major tool bag comment..
I can't stand the pussies that think somehow they have more right to the gym than others.. I am a family lean 230 now - but I was far more dangerous when I was a 170lb Marine I can promise you. I enjoy training and my wife digs the beef (wait that didn't come out right) - but I wouldn't feel any "less a man" if I lost every pound tonight... That would scare the shit out of me though so I hope it doesn't happen

I was being sarcastic not sure what happened but in general I don't want any interaction at all with anyone at the gym. I feel you guys there.

I was being sarcastic not sure what happened but in general I don't want any interaction at all with anyone at the gym. I feel you guys there.

I knew you were and I made a sad attempt to be funny.. It was funny in my mind though !!
I agree - I don't interact much when in the gym but I make it a point to never come off as arrogant.. As you can see I am not nearly as funny as I wish I were - so its best to just not say much :( at all

No offense, but I can't stand when people say "leg training is what seperates the men from the boys", as if anyone who doesn't want to have huge legs, or simply doesn't care, is not serious about their training.

Leg training doesn't seperate the men from the boys. Rather, it seperates those who want huge legs from those that don't, or simply don't care as much. That's it.

Generally speaking, people put their time and effort into doing activities that make them happy. Gut-busting leg training doesn't make everyone happy, as the end result is not something they deem worth the time and effort.

I know a few guys who kill themselves on leg day, yet they're weak and tiny. I also know other guys who haven't trained legs in years, yet weigh close to 300 lbs while raw benching 600 lbs and overhead press 400+ lbs. Consequentially, their legs are bigger than the tiny guys who kill themselves on leg day.

Who is "the man" in this scenario? See my point? Usually, it is only competitive BB'rs who want massive upper-legs, but that certainly doesn't make them any more of a "man" than anyone else. It just makes them more obsessed with massive legs. To that I say, to each their own.

plus 1. The Kid was idolizing you. You had an opportunity to help him, but instead gave the stereotypical BB as a$shole routine.

WE need to encourage these kids. Now what really pisses me off is the person sitting on the equipment texting. Get off the equipment and let me do a set. Stay home if you want to play with your phone, candie a$s.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Urs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws