over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Who shops at Trader Joe's....

Knight9

Featured Member / Verified Customer / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
And what do you make sure to get there? I have loved TJ's for 6 or 7yrs now probably...but was forced to go without for 3 yrs when I moved somewhere that didn't have any nearby. A month or so ago, they finally opened one up in the area and I am getting reacquainted with everything they offer. What are some real GEMS that you guys always make sure to pick up when you're there?

I just made myself 4 grassfed beef burgers(unfortunately they were sold out of the frozen vacuum sealed kind) so I had to buy the frozen burger patties which I suspect have higher fat. (23g fat : 19g protein per patty). Oh well....late night snack.:headbang:

Peanut butter , almond butter, Ezekiel bread, walnuts, almonds, grape seed oil, evoo, extra virgin coconut oil, pink Himalayan sea salt in a grinder, and wild caught salmon , tuna, and swordfish.

And what do you make sure to get there? I have loved TJ's for 6 or 7yrs now probably...but was forced to go without for 3 yrs when I moved somewhere that didn't have any nearby. A month or so ago, they finally opened one up in the area and I am getting reacquainted with everything they offer. What are some real GEMS that you guys always make sure to pick up when you're there?

I just made myself 4 grassfed beef burgers(unfortunately they were sold out of the frozen vacuum sealed kind) so I had to buy the frozen burger patties which I suspect have higher fat. (23g fat : 19g protein per patty). Oh well....late night snack.:headbang:

Like John Meadows had on his Trader Joe's shopping video, the pre-cooked sliced chicken breast is good when time is an issue.

On the frozen patties, do they list anywhere if they're 80/20 or 90/10?

Like John Meadows had on his Trader Joe's shopping video, the pre-cooked sliced chicken breast is good when time is an issue.

On the frozen patties, do they list anywhere if they're 80/20 or 90/10?
80/20.

Something doesn't seem optimal when I got 76g protein and 92g fat eating those 4 patties...

80/20.

Something doesn't seem optimal when I got 76g protein and 92g fat eating those 4 patties...

Absolutely. 90/10 or 92/8 would be great but I don't know if they carry that.

I don't go often since I have a Whole Foods closer to me.

But I go for the peanut butter, extra virgin olive oil and unrefined organic coconut oil mostly.

Oh yea, and the organic maple syrup.

I don't go often since I have a Whole Foods closer to me.

But I go for the peanut butter, extra virgin olive oil and unrefined organic coconut oil mostly.

Oh yea, and the organic maple syrup.
Seems to me the prices are way better at TJs than whole foods when it comes to fish/meat.

I try to get produce there, they have great prices on organic produce. Also get whole organic chickens and/or chicken breasts, grass-fed kefir, butter, grade b maple syrup, TJ's brand roasted almond butter (best almond butter I've found anywhere), sometimes nuts too.

Not related to bdoybuilding I buy cases of wine there because they have good wine for good prices, and I get Tom's flouride-free toothpaste there because it's the cheapest place I've found it, and I usually treat myself to a dark chocolate & caramel bar with sea salt.

Love their coconut oil. Its the only unrefined I can find and still has that great coconut smell. Its really popular though so they are out a lot. I just stock up.

Love their coconut oil. Its the only unrefined I can find and still has that great coconut smell. Its really popular though so they are out a lot. I just stock up.

Like I said, I don't go there a lot but one time I went just for the CO and yep they were out.

I get all my fruits and vegetables from trader joes. Meat is too expensive there for how much I go through, I try to buy a whole cow from a farmer, have it prepared and deep freeze the whole thing. I avoid whole foods at any cost, around here it's just for rich people who think if the label says organic that makes it healthy.

As I walk in the door I pick up baby spinach, walk down the aisle a lil bit pick up 96% beef, then the chicken breasts individually sealed in lil baggies, then over to ezekial bread, if I need any, then over to fill up a small cup of joe, the on to the fish (salmon, whitefish, tilapia, shrimp, mahi) then down a lil further for a couple of the beef that are air sealed. Pick up turkey burgers for my girl, she loves those, the grab some rice, brown or white. On around to the frozen veggies for the best green beans ever! Grab a bag of those, and some frozen peppers. The around the aisle for condiments and EVCO and out the door I go. Then it's on to Whole foods for a few other things in the meat dept. Bison and if TJ didn't have tilapia I grab some there.

Peanut butter , almond butter, Ezekiel bread, walnuts, almonds, grape seed oil, evoo, extra virgin coconut oil, pink Himalayan sea salt in a grinder, and wild caught salmon , tuna, and swordfish.

Not surprised you like TJ's Knight. They have great stuff and great prices. Red basically covered everything i like the get there. I also like their pre cooked grilled chicken, so much easier than cooking it yourself. Also their ground turkey to make turkey chili...

been shopping at TJ's for at least 15 years. bought my present for 1 reason there was a TJ's close by and would saving me some driving time for my weekly trip.

I get all my fruits and vegetables from trader joes. Meat is too expensive there for how much I go through, I try to buy a whole cow from a farmer, have it prepared and deep freeze the whole thing. I avoid whole foods at any cost, around here it's just for rich people who think if the label says organic that makes it healthy.

T/Joes fruits and veggies are fresher and a whole lot cheaper than Harris Tetter so they are true must haves, if you are in to saving money. More must haves are marinated slabs of red meat for a great price near the deli section, sunflower butter and frozen asparagus for under $3.

Side note -as JM's video brought to my attention, don't forget to pick your girl up some flowers especially because they are start out at only $3.99 a bunch!

Last edited:
Well, no TJs in Europe, very unfortunately. But when I get to the states, I stock up on the jugs of MetRx. I feel like it's a solid and filling protein for use when travelling.

Also, pomegranate juice, jugs of egg whites and peanut butter. But I can't take em home. Feel really healthy while Im there though. :D

Shop there every single week, there's one literally across the street from me ( :D ), I'm a happy man. Knight, the vacuum-sealed packs of the New Zealand Grass-Fed beef are indeed at 85/15, and they're only $6/lb (at least here they are). Besides that, I pick up pretty much everything people listed here, with the addition of some occasional cookie butter cause it's so damn good.

And they recently started making cookie butter ice cream as well. Beware...beware.

I love buying their muffins! They have a hi-fiber bran muffin that has two flavors and is 220 cals 38g carbs 5g fat and like 12g of fiber each. Beats eating plain oats!

hemp protein. much better than the whey imo. its also doesnt build up in your guts from what i understand.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear