over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What some guys think is "Big"

topfuel

Registered
Just a rant about a coworker who tried to tell me what he thought was Big. He said that a 38" chest and weighing about 180 was a pretty big guy. While I sit and listen with a 48" chest at 230(5'9") he says I am just thick but not Big. WTF? All these years I still don't get dudes who think cross fit is the only type of workout in the world. I guess all of us who Body build and Power lift just don't know how to workout. All I have to say is that I am happy being a bodybuilder who looks fat in my suit since this is a sport for life and a love for weightlifting that only a few can appreciate. Anyone else ever run into idiots like this?

To people who don't have the slightest clue about bodybuilding.. I'm a 176lbs guy 5"10 20%bf and people who don't have any clue about bb think I'm both slim like I don't have any fat on me & that I'm well trained..
and I'm not close to my genetical max or even lower bf % so.. idk people don't have the same eye as people who does the bb thing..

what I find funniest is the selfies you see from guys who clearly THINK they are big...clueless.
Total dooshbaggery in most cases....its like Dexter said "250 aint big, Ronnie IS BIG"
I love the guys at my gym with all the clothes to show off their size...17 inch arms wrapped in a skin tight under-armour sleeveless shirt.
We have one guy who's pretty lean and walks around all bowed up, with a shirt cut too low down the sides, low enough to see the fat on his love handless...oops missed a spot.
Big these days by bodybuilding standards is a unreal standard, 5'9-6'0 270-290 and in good shape IS BIG.

Coworkers are often jalous bastards

5'10" 215 at 10% or below is way bigger than average. IMHO It all comes down to what you look like when the clothes come off.

what I find funniest is the selfies you see from guys who clearly THINK they are big...clueless.

Total dooshbaggery in most cases....its like Dexter said "250 aint big, Ronnie IS BIG"

I love the guys at my gym with all the clothes to show off their size...17 inch arms wrapped in a skin tight under-armour sleeveless shirt.

We have one guy who's pretty lean and walks around all bowed up, with a shirt cut too low down the sides, low enough to see the fat on his love handless...oops missed a spot.

Big these days by bodybuilding standards is a unreal standard, 5'9-6'0 270-290 and in good shape IS BIG.

Don't knock 17 inch arms brah... Throw me a bone lol

I would by no means call myself big but for 5'1" I carry my weight well... 155lbs, 43 inch chest, 29 1/2 inch waist.

I don't act blown up but my odd proportions do catch attention and I often get asked questions... I did today actually and I find it funny when someone asks me what I doing to grow because all I have to say is, "dude, I am not big... If you want to learn how to get big, ask someone that weighs more than 175 lol"

I would say most of us who have been on this board for a respectable amount of time are probably bigger than the average Joe on the street. That said, my opinion of big is someone between 5'8"-5'11" and a lean 250lbs. The freaks are in the 300lb range.

Don't knock 17 inch arms brah... Throw me a bone lol

I would by no means call myself big but for 5'1" I carry my weight well... 155lbs, 43 inch chest, 29 1/2 inch waist.

I don't act blown up but my odd proportions do catch attention and I often get asked questions... I did today actually and I find it funny when someone asks me what I doing to grow because all I have to say is, "dude, I am not big... If you want to learn how to get big, ask someone that weighs more than 175 lol"

Different attitude my brother. I know you wouldn't sit and pose mean mugging the camera-besides I know you know what time it is lol.
PS just pm'd you a tracking number for some syntherol.

You said my 17 in arms looked huge in my under armour shirt:(

I understand where the OP is coming from....I also understand where some of the comments are coming from as well. Look at Lee Priest. In the off-season, he looks like the "Michelin Man". He's still huge but hardly any definition. He probably wouldn't look too hot in a suit at that weight. To a 180 lb cross-fitter and most of the population, having giant sausage arms doesn't equate to a fit and in-shape appearance. Powerful looking, looks like he could bench press a truck, "you betcha". Survive a 1 hour cardio kick-boxing class? Not so much. I think you guys are fighting over "semantics". The proper words to describe the desired appearance.

Different attitude my brother. I know you wouldn't sit and pose mean mugging the camera-besides I know you know what time it is lol.

Lol!

Yeah, I mean mug my weights... Training time is time to be in my zone

Just a rant about a coworker who tried to tell me what he thought was Big. He said that a 38" chest and weighing about 180 was a pretty big guy. While I sit and listen with a 48" chest at 230(5'9") he says I am just thick but not Big. WTF? All these years I still don't get dudes who think cross fit is the only type of workout in the world. I guess all of us who Body build and Power lift just don't know how to workout. All I have to say is that I am happy being a bodybuilder who looks fat in my suit since this is a sport for life and a love for weightlifting that only a few can appreciate. Anyone else ever run into idiots like this?

Post a pic of yourself and the guy he thinks is "BIG" let the community judge.. Im assuming the 180lb guy is shredded with a decent upper body if he thinks thats big..

Like another member said whats your waist size? Body fat %?

If your some what tight/lean at 230 and dont have 40 inch waist then theres no reason your coworker wouldnt see the same in you...

I know when I see a 180lb guy around 10% and a 230lb guy at 10% theres no question on who is bigger.. I feel your frustration but there are a lot of 5'9 230lb guys who have big/thick midsections and holding 20+ lbs in water who to be honest dont look big they just look like shit.. Im not saying you do but unless your coworker is blind theres got to be more to the story

Not for nuttin but... who cares?

I was asked "Hey man, how long does it take to get big?" by some younger guys. I answered, "When I get there, I'll let you know."

Different attitude my brother. I know you wouldn't sit and pose mean mugging the camera the sided I know you know what time it is lol.

I just asked my wife if she knew what time it was cause I was HUNGRY and waiting on her to rattle some pots and pans!! I am pretty sure the look she gave me was a mean mugging!! :D

Its all relative. Bodybuilding is a small portion of society. For most people 6ft 180 with a low bf its considered big. Its lik youe drive a Ferrari all day, and some guy tells you a mustang is fast because he drives a Camry

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Urs
NapsGear