over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Under Construction: From Monster to Freak Documentary

bmm5530

Registered
I just came across a documentary called "Under Construction." It's about a guy named Dave Crosland who documents how he has achieved his size as well as what he's going to do to keep pushing his body to keep growing. It covers everything from diet, training, and what everyone really wants to know, his drug use. I've read some reviews and have seen that it's what "Generation Iron should've been"

You have to buy the documentary from this website: Under Construction The Film | One Man's Experiment To Push His Body To Its Absolute Size Limit

I have yet to buy it but am looking to buy it soon.

Here is a video of the trailer: Under Construction: The Film - Official Trailer by JG Films - YouTube

I just watched it.

His cycle is
2500mg Test E
1000mg Tren
1400mg Anavar per week

(4.9g AAS) He doesn't say how long his cycle is, but it looked pretty long on the calendar.

He eats a ton of food, he's big on meat apparently, but doesn't detail his diet.
He says he is trying to "bulk", and his ultimate goal is 400lbs. He gave up trying to be lean or aesthetic.

He is coming back off of a 12 year layoff from training, and being obese.

His training split is:

1. Quads and Biceps
  2. Chest, Triceps, Hamstrings
  3. Back and Shoulders.

His training routine is kind of pansy IMO.... low weights and low volume really. He does no squats, no deadlifts, and no heavy free weight rows or presses (besides like 225 on bench), and nothing for triceps besides cables. He didn't appear to go that heavy on much of anything except a chest fly machine.

He did some 495 partial deadlifts at the end.

He gets noticably out of breath walking up 1 flight of stairs, and claims that muscle is metabolically taxing.

Last edited:
I just watched it.

His cycle is

2500mg Test E

1000mg Tren

1400mg Anavar per week

(4.9g AAS) He doesn't say how long his cycle is, but it looked pretty long on the calendar.

He eats a ton of food, he's big on meat apparently, but doesn't detail his diet.

He says he is trying to "bulk", and his ultimate goal is 400lbs. He gave up trying to be lean or aesthetic.

He is coming back off of a 12 year layoff from training, and being obese.

His training split is:

1. Quads and Biceps
  2. Chest, Triceps, Hamstrings
  3. Back and Shoulders.

His training routine is kind of pansy IMO.... low weights and low volume really. He does no squats, no deadlifts, and no heavy free weight rows or presses (besides like 225 on bench), and nothing for triceps besides cables. He didn't appear to go that heavy on much of anything except a chest fly machine.

He did some 495 partial deadlifts at the end.

He gets noticably out of breath walking up 1 flight of stairs, and claims that muscle is metabolically taxing.

Sounds like an interesting watch. Did you buy it or find it online?

would be nice to see the "deconstruction" when he diets away the #'s of fat and gets lean enough to be a bodybuilder

short though, these tend to get boring after 15 minutes.
we know..... you eat chix:banghead:

Hes big and all but hes "Grotesque" big....not aesthetic bb'er big....

And his chest....oh his chest....its bad

I'd like to find an online version of this. I've heard very mixed reviews

I'd like to find an online version of this. I've heard very mixed reviews

Just go on Piratebay and DL the torrent.

Anyway, it's not much of a watch. Nothing is revolutionary or enlightening.
The average pro bodybuilder's DVD is more informational and entertaining.

He doesn't really outline much of anything, and the training clips of him are short and boring. For a 330lb guy on 5 grams of juice, he should be super strong... but he's not.

Unless you consider 60lb DB curls, 225lb bench press, and bodyweight squats strong. His back is semi-strong.... 300+lb cable rows, and 495 deadlift partials.

Last edited:
Hes big and all but hes "Grotesque" big....not aesthetic bb'er big....

And his chest....oh his chest....its bad

To be fair, he said he has a torn pectoral.

My gut feel after watching it.... was that I was watching a guy who was trying to eat and juice as much as possible to gain size.... but his training, strength, and fitness were lagging behind his size.

He should probably back off the drugs and food for a while, and try to increase training and cardio.

Last edited:
Just watched it, not bad. I agree with others that he doesn't really go into detail about nutrition etc but still worth a watch.

Keeps it simple, no mention of HGH, slin etc, also noticed he doesn't aspirate which I always do

I believe he's a member here.

David is a good guy I talk to him from time to time, and James the film maker is extremely talented. I feel most people strictly want a bodybuilding video that they judge it too harshly...the film making and production value is groundbreaking for our industry...most videos are pure shit, this has some skill involved.

I enjoyed the hell out of it.

Interesting documentary (didn't watch it...just the trailer)

He's got a gross SHW powerlifter look WITHOUT the strength. I was expecting that dude to be benching 600 but damn.

When I see dudes attempting the "quest for size," I just shake my head. You either get big, lift big and compete....or you get big, get cut and compete.....Choose one. If not, I don't want to hear about it.

I have not seen the Documentary yet but on his youtube account there are some video's of pretty nice lifts.
4 plate behind the neck press and a 5 plate bent over rows.
His account name is ucthefreak

Interesting documentary (didn't watch it...just the trailer)

He's got a gross SHW powerlifter look WITHOUT the strength. I was expecting that dude to be benching 600 but damn.

When I see dudes attempting the "quest for size," I just shake my head. You either get big, lift big and compete....or you get big, get cut and compete.....Choose one. If not, I don't want to hear about it.
Not everyone cares about competing with others.

Just like the rest of us, he is doing what he wants for his reasons. I respect that. A lot of people do the things they do to impress other people. Not for themselves.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws