advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Does anyone here make fun of people at the gym?

Cito33189

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Something really urked me and I don't know if im over reacting. I am 27 and one thing I have learned is to respect people. Just try and be a good person. If nothing else just stfu and mind your business.

I was a member at worlds gym in san diego for 2 years and its a great gym. But the people there. I am friends with a lot of them on fb. Majority of them are pro's or very big name NPC competitors.

Recently a lot of them all started posted videos on there fb of people either not lifting correctly or just I guess not meeting there standards. And then everyone would just make fun of the video. Like o what an idiot, or wtf is this shit look whos taking over our gym. Just bashing the people in the videos. It got so bad these people were hiding behind equipment to film people.

Not to mention the people doing this were all personal trainers.

I was so disturbed by this I changed gyms.

Is this normal behavior.?Theres a super heavy weight doing the nationals this weekend that was really one of my fav. bb up until he started doing this. I was just disgusted with this behavior.

Do you guys do this to?

Last edited:
It is a dick move for sure. Not sure how I would react if I caught someone filming me.

I have always found the gym dynamic funny. Everyone looks at someone else, and what they are doing as stupid. You have all these little groups(casual lifters, noobs, old people, bb'ers, powerlifters, etc) and they each think what they other is doing is retarded..haha

When I trained in a commercial gym, I just kept to myself. If someone asked for help, and seemed genuinely interested, I would spend time helping them. Other than that, I could give a fuck less, what anyone did. Now don't get me wrong, if I saw someone standing on a bosu ball trying to squat, I might chuckle in my head, but that is the extent of it.

Now I train in a really small, powerlifting/real lifters gym, where we all know each other, so none of this goes on. I am not sure I could go back to a bigger/commercial gym.

To be honest, i think here and there you might have a chuckle if you see someone doing something a bit strange or weird. But to behave like that is disgusting I completely agree mate, that really is uncalled for and then to spread it around social media is pathetic. You did right for changing and I cannot stand people who look at others as they are inferior if they dont meet their imposed "standards" wtf is that all about, karma is true and its a bitch so they will get theirs soon enough i imagine.

I may shake my head occasionally and only open my mouth if I feel someone is going to hurt themselves. A chubby kid was wearing a shirt that said I'd flex but I like this shirt. I looked and he said "I know I'm not big but I liked the shirt". I told him I thought it was great he was in there working out and at least he was working hard when most people find excuses. I always try to be nice or helpful and if I can't I keep my mouth shut and I will stick up for those who are made fun of by others, its just insecurities on their part. If you have to make someone feel bad so you can feel better, time to look in the mirror.

I think the reason it bothered me so much is because I love bodybuilding. Instead of sports I keep up with bodybuilding.

At first when I would see these pro's and people you see and read about in the magazines and internet. I was almost star struck. For real.

Seeing them do this made me feel let down kind of thing.

To me its perfectly normal to make fun of idiotic behavior period.
A lot of people have the 'hey look at me- no hands' thing going, I always hope they break their arm.
Seriously I have had some of these dummies park next to me in the gym and I up and move away from them because not only are they going to hurt themselves but anyone in close proximity too.

Something really urked me and I don't know if im over reacting. I am 27 and one thing I have learned is to respect people. Just try and be a good person. If nothing else just stfu and mind your business.

I was a member at worlds gym in san diego for 2 years and its a great gym. But the people there. I am friends with a lot of them on fb. Majority of them are pro's or very big name NPC competitors.

Recently a lot of them all started posted videos on there fb of people either not lifting correctly or just I guess not meeting there standards. And then everyone would just make fun of the video. Like o what an idiot, or wtf is this shit look whos taking over our gym. Just bashing the people in the videos. It got so bad these people were hiding behind equipment to film people.

Not to mention the people doing this were all personal trainers.

I was so disturbed by this I changed gyms.

Is this normal behavior.?Theres a super heavy weight doing the nationals this weekend that was really one of my fav. bb up until he started doing this. I was just disgusted with this behavior.

Do you guys do this to?
Yeah that is messed up,I'm a new to all this that's the reason why I work out at home cause I'm small right now, but glad you changed gyms

I've done it before but only if it's hilariously funny. If a guy squats only going down two inches, I won't video that. I'll just say "what an idiot" in my head. But if a guy is dancing like a ballerina in the middle of the weight room, you bet your ass my first instinct is to pull out my cell phone camera and take a video.

I think the gym is one of the funniest on earth. You see some crazy shit that people do. Sometimes you wonder where they came up with it. Very entertaining. But I would never record anyone and post it somewhere. This probably comes from those gym sites that have people doing weird work out stuff. These guys are just trying to be cool but end up looking like dickheads

I wish you filmed the guy hiding behind a weight stack filming! that I think I would laugh at!

I think you should have way more fun with this!

enjoy the guys with the ridiculous form etc, and enjoy the rest of the show that's following them! reminds me of old wild life documentaries on tv... lol!

I belong to two gyms. A Lifetime and a local 24 hour chain that seems to attract a younger clientele. I think you can probably guess where the snickering occurs. I'm surprised that you're seeing that behavior in seasoned bodybuilders.

We have crossfitters at my gym that do pretty much everything either half assed or just terrible. I want to take video, but I never do. Their gym etiquette is shit as well.

I do wish I had video of one guy though. Not what he's doing, although he is overweight and stands in the middle of the gym and flexes, but rather what he says. He's a very very soft 286lbs, I know this because he tells everyone within earshot what he weighed in at. He claimed he's the strongest guy in the gym and nobody in there even comes close to his dead lift. He just pulled a 1rm at 475. He told me he doesn't like to back squat heavy because his back is too lean and the bar really digs in and hurts. Also, he said he doesn't do cardio because he's afraid he'll get too lean. Now that is the type of thing that deserves a video montage.

I dont pay much attention to people when Im training. But when my wife goes with me its a riot, shes a people watcher she has nicknames for all the geeks and nerds in the gym, stinky boy, crazy lady, pervert guy but Im sure even she wouldnt flim someone thats crossing the line.

I gotta tell ya, I look kinda funny at the guy doing 1 arm pulldowns when he has no back development to start with.
I don't no why they don't watch and follow what I do? or at least buy a Joe Weider handbook.

We have crossfitters at my gym that do pretty much everything either half assed or just terrible. I want to take video, but I never do. Their gym etiquette is shit as well.

I do wish I had video of one guy though. Not what he's doing, although he is overweight and stands in the middle of the gym and flexes, but rather what he says. He's a very very soft 286lbs, I know this because he tells everyone within earshot what he weighed in at. He claimed he's the strongest guy in the gym and nobody in there even comes close to his dead lift. He just pulled a 1rm at 475. He told me he doesn't like to back squat heavy because his back is too lean and the bar really digs in and hurts. Also, he said he doesn't do cardio because he's afraid he'll get too lean. Now that is the type of thing that deserves a video montage.
Honestly, you can never discount mental illness/learning disabilities, and I am serious when I say this. There are MANY people with varying degrees of mental illness, and highly functioning autism. I run across people like that all the time, who are really delusional, and I can tell, because I am VERY perceptive to this kind of thing, they have some sort of learning disability, etc.

Some people can seem quite normal except saying outlandish shit like you describe here and it is usually a dead give away they are mentally not all there.

Bottom line you never know anyone's situation, or what they are in there for, their goals, etc. Best to just let the idiots be idiots.

I'm guilty, but I only make fun of them in my mind. I don't outright show what I'm thinking, unless they're doing something unsafe. That would be outright rudeness :)

I must admit that I do enjoy the entertainment at times, too :p

Honestly, you can never discount mental illness/learning disabilities, and I am serious when I say this. There are MANY people with varying degrees of mental illness, and highly functioning autism. I run across people like that all the time, who are really delusional, and I can tell, because I am VERY perceptive to this kind of thing, they have some sort of learning disability, etc.

Some people can seem quite normal except saying outlandish shit like you describe here and it is usually a dead give away they are mentally not all there.

Bottom line you never know anyone's situation, or what they are in there for, their goals, etc. Best to just let the idiots be idiots.

I know this guy is highly dilusional. He said he trained someone for a powerlifting meet and the guy broke world records. I asked him 10 times for a name and he just tried to shrug off the question.

He claims to have a degree in mechanical engineering and worked for NASA and Seagate. Now he drives a school bus. Maybe he does have some mental problems. Actually when I break all this down, he probably does.

I know this guy is highly dilusional. He said he trained someone for a powerlifting meet and the guy broke world records. I asked him 10 times for a name and he just tried to shrug off the question.

He claims to have a degree in mechanical engineering and worked for NASA and Seagate. Now he drives a school bus. Maybe he does have some mental problems. Actually when I break all this down, he probably does.

lol!
nice to think e let the mentally ill drive school buses!
:eek::naughty::headbang:
omg

lol.. Yea, those are all tell tale signs to me..

Honestly you would be surprised how many people who I have met, in the gym, who I can tell are mentally off/have learning disabilities or high functioning autism/asbergers.

I have met quite a few guys who sound like they could be the same guy you are describing. Highly delusional, ludacris stories, unrealistic expectations, etc.

The sad part isn't someone who doesn't know what they are doing in the gym, because at least they are making an effort, even if it does not involve going about it in the most efficient manner.
The sad part is when people want to improve, and they pay for a trainer at a commercial gym who has them doing bullshit exercises in the gym, especially when it is something that can lead to injuries.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws