over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Employer Health Risk Assessment (HRA's)

demon

Registered
Just wondering if anyone else is being forced to submit to these? Employer indicating it's a way to provide additional heath insurance benefit's. I'm kind a leery but don't have a choice. A medical company comes in and takes a blood sample and records height, weight and BP. Blood is tested for different things like liver and kidney function, cholesterol, glucose...Those who have done these, any issues when youre on gear? Nothing crazy, small hrt dose of 100mg a week...

I have it done but its optional to get a cheaper rate. Everything you mentioned was tested. My cholesterol came back mildly elevated. I'm also on trt.

Just wondering if anyone else is being forced to submit to these? Employer indicating it's a way to provide additional heath insurance benefit's. I'm kind a leery but don't have a choice. A medical company comes in and takes a blood sample and records height, weight and BP. Blood is tested for different things like liver and kidney function, cholesterol, glucose...Those who have done these, any issues when youre on gear? Nothing crazy, small hrt dose of 100mg a week...

Regardless of what comes back they wont change your premium. I work for CarMax and they always give us a discount if you get assessment done. Take it and save some money. They will tell you if you are a smoker, etc that you need to quit but that's entirely upto you.

in the future i am sure we will see the employees expense go up depending on the evaluation. but i am for that as i think people that are more of a risk should pay more just like with car insurance, as opposed to people that work to take care of them selves paying the same to make up for those people that just let themselves go.

in the future i am sure we will see the employees expense go up depending on the evaluation. but i am for that as i think people that are more of a risk should pay more just like with car insurance, as opposed to people that work to take care of them selves paying the same to make up for those people that just let themselves go.

I agree 100% especially since I am an insurance agent. I try to explain this to people all of the time: a higher risk should = higher premiums, simple as that. BUT, this is the United States and we're all about "equality and fairness" :rolleyes:

I agree 100% especially since I am an insurance agent. I try to explain this to people all of the time: a higher risk should = higher premiums, simple as that. BUT, this is the United States and we're all about "equality and fairness" :rolleyes:

how is that fair to the guy that takes care of him self????........

Besides the liver and kidney tests, the biggest thing that will get a bodybuilder that is a bigger man, is your BMI. They don't take body fat measurements so if your 250 lbs ripped and only 5'10" tall, you will be labeled over weight with a poor BMI. If they took BF measurements then it would show the contrary but since its just height vs weight, if you are bigger than normal, you will be labeled over weight. And they don't care that the "Over Weight" is muscle and not fat.

how is that fair to the guy that takes care of him self????........

I guess I worded it incorrectly. I do agree with you that those at a higher risk should pay a higher premium. However, our country is trying to say it's "not fair" to make them pay a higher premium even though they decide to: drink, smoke, be obese etc

It's not fair to the people who take care of themselves, hence my :rolleyes: at the end. It's not about being fair unfortunately, except to those who don't take care of themselves.....which is the majority

See Affordable Care Act...it'll catch up to large group employers soon enough...it's crazy selling individual plans with no UW anymore.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear