over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Arnolds opinion about todays pros

But in the end, what Arnold now says is pretty much irrelevant. The guys now are working just as hard, if not harder as they were back in Arnold's "day". I like Arnold, but he should stick to politics now.

But in the end, what Arnold now says is pretty much irrelevant. The guys now are working just as hard, if not harder as they were back in Arnold's "day". I like Arnold, but he should stick to politics now.

30 years from now will Ronnie's opinion be irrelevant?

Arnold is a 7 time Mr. Olympia and the most popular bodybuilder ever. I'd say his opinion is relevant.

I understand and yes that is just his opinion. But you can't have something stay the same forever. That would mean no progress. If guyz today all looked the same as guyz from the 70s did, then what progress was made in the last 4 decades? Of course you have some freakazoids and you also have your more athetic/pleasing looking physiques. But that's what I think is so great about the sport. There still a wide range of physiques and there no way you can say everyone or bodybuilding as a whole is moving in the wrong direction. You have a physique like Dexter Jackson or Shawn Rhoden and you also got guys like Ramy and Kai. Then you def cant leave out the 212lb division. That divison has blown up and most definetly helped the sport out alot

I think if bodybuilding doesn't change then we are going to see the physique and bikini catagories taking center stage more often. The number of physique and bikini competitors at amateur shows I've been to often outweighs bodybuilding 5-1. Wont be long before the magazines are tailored more towards this than bodybuilding.

Arnold paved the road for those who are here today. Personally when Arnold talks I listen.

30 years from now will Ronnie's opinion be irrelevant?

Arnold is a 7 time Mr. Olympia and the most popular bodybuilder ever. I'd say his opinion is relevant.

Yes, it will be irrelevant. Things change and staying the same means that whatever it is, dies. When someone is far removed from something, their opinions become irrelevant the farther away they get. Yeah, he has his competition and does his appearances, but he's not anywhere near as involved as before. This is because of his political career, he can't be associated with a "drug sport" (as most people see it).

Dorian provides some interesting perspective on Arnold's opinions about modern bodybuilders. Skip the first 35 seconds to get straight to it:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hywcrlGo8wo]Dorian Yates on Arnold Schwarzenegger - YouTube[/ame]

Yes, it will be irrelevant. Things change and staying the same means that whatever it is, dies. When someone is far removed from something, their opinions become irrelevant the farther away they get. Yeah, he has his competition and does his appearances, but he's not anywhere near as involved as before. This is because of his political career, he can't be associated with a "drug sport" (as most people see it).

I would have to disagree regarding Arnold and agree regarding Ronnie. Arnold built this sport on his own two shoulders. His opinion will always be relevant. He's still an ambassador to the sport. You ask the average person on the street they'll know who Arnold is. You ask them who Phil Heath is and you'll get a blank stare.

Not to mention when he became governor he was appointed the executive editor of both Flex and Muscle and Fitness and received large donations from them for his consecutive runs. So his involvement in politics really didn't affect his bodybuilding connection. If anything it strengthened them.

I would have to disagree regarding Arnold and agree regarding Ronnie. Arnold built this sport on his own two shoulders. His opinion will always be relevant. He's still an ambassador to the sport. You ask the average person on the street they'll know who Arnold is. You ask them who Phil Heath is and you'll get a blank stare.

Not to mention when he became governor he was appointed the executive editor of both Flex and Muscle and Fitness and received large donations from them for his consecutive runs. So his involvement in politics really didn't affect his bodybuilding connection. If anything it strengthened them.

His opinion may be relevant to the average person on the street who doesn't know anything about bodybuilding, but I don't think it matters as much to most guys nowadays. I could be wrong, it's happened before :D
Well, didn't he have all his pictures taken down from Gold's a few years back?
I guess his opinion isn't "irrelevant" per se, it just doesn't carry as much weight, IMO

Arnold is overrated...Lee Haney smokes him and when was the last time lee Haney was mentioned? It's Arnold's acting career that made him rich and famous NOT bodybuilding. Go look at Arnold's right hand man franco, no one gives a crap about him! Why? Because he isn't the terminator. It's Arnold's Hollywood celebrity status which keeps him relevant.

I agree with what he says to an extent. I think the freakish size of the top pros has become way to unattainable unless you willing to take big risk

I've always like Arnold as a bodybuilder and as a pseudo-actor, but as a person, not so much...

I lost a lot of respect for Arnold when he and his "people" took all his bodybuilding posters down from all the golds gyms when he was political. Fucking lame! Don't forget where you came from! Bodybuilding made his ass.

Arnold is a douchebag....

that's ^ like heresy to me! lol.

why would you think he is a douche? dude has done more than prob all of us to try to get this nation fit and a pretty good example of what a "dumb muscle head" can accomplish....
I believe he is worth more in real estate than movie money. his work ethic is nothing but inspirational imo.
-JS

that's ^ like heresy to me! lol.

why would you think he is a douche? dude has done more than prob all of us to try to get this nation fit and a pretty good example of what a "dumb muscle head" can accomplish....
I believe he is worth more in real estate than movie money. his work ethic is nothing but inspirational imo.
-JS

I love Arnold and think he is great but he is a bit of a douche.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear