over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Vitamin d?

heavyhitter

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
so my wife was diagnosed with thyroid deficiency and severe vitamin d deficiency today and her doc suggested vitamin d supplements as well as putting her on thyroideds. My question is what form of vitamin d have you guys found to be best? Would love to hear from Stevie or knight on this

I've seen liquid and capsule d3. Is there any difference in absorption between the two? Also she has high cholesterol which I believe can be affected by the thyroid issue? Any other helpful suggestions would be great as I'm definitely no expert when it comes to thyroid function

It should be all liquid, even inside the little capsules. At least that's what I always took and was once prescribed due to vitamin d deficiency.

I had vitamin D deficiency and I began taking NOW vitamin D-3 5000IU ED. It is inexpensive and improved my vitamin D profile.

Has she considered an iodine supplement for her thyroid? You may want to look for a product that has high levels of selenium, zinc, vitamin B, D, E and C as having a good balance of vitamins and minerals can ensure thyroid health

Last edited:
A good reliable brand of D3 such as Jarrow. I take 10,000iu daily. There are some products that utilize liquid d3 and perhaps even sublingual, but I pay little to no attention to that and presume it's mainly marketing.

Any idea what her vitamin d levels were? And where the physician would like her to be in the future?

Yes, liquid gelcaps.

Alpha once told me about a protocol where you would dose 50,000iu once a week.
I never tried it though. Not yet anyways.

Always remember to consume vitamin d with fats. Seems like common sense but I have seen people that I thought had a good grasp on things but washed it down on an empty stomach with water...

It would help to know her calcium levels. Generally, yet not always hypothyroidism goes hand in hand with Vitamin D deficiency and hypocalcaemia. How deficient in Vitamin D is she, as well the degree of hypothyroidism? Any of her labs show e.g. TSH, FT4, FT3, Thyroid Peroxidase Antibody (TPOAb), Thyroglobulin Antibody (TgAb) or Thyroid Stimulating Hormone Receptor Antibody (TRAb)?

Edit: How's her iron levels?

Lastly, what's her primary care provider say?

Last edited:
Yes, liquid gelcaps.

Alpha once told me about a protocol where you would dose 50,000iu once a week.
I never tried it though. Not yet anyways.

Always remember to consume vitamin d with fats. Seems like common sense but I have seen people that I thought had a good grasp on things but washed it down on an empty stomach with water...

this is what my doctor had me do for 8 weeks. followed by 800iu day, but i take 2,000iu.

I personally like this stuff right here.
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Biotics-Research-Bio-D-Mulsion-Forte/dp/B000UQOCCQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1416513919&sr=8-1&keywords=vitamin+d+mulsion+forte"]Amazon.com: Biotics Research, Bio-D-Mulsion Forte 1 fl oz: Health & Personal Care@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/314pluTybhL.@@AMEPARAM@@314pluTybhL[/ame]

Her calcium levels are in the normal range. I'm trying to post a pic of her blood work but it's too big. I'll try to resize it and post it up

I had vitamin D deficiency and I began taking NOW vitamin D-3 5000IU ED. It is inexpensive and improved my vitamin D profile.

Has she considered an iodine supplement for her thyroid? You may want to look for a product that has high levels of selenium, zinc, vitamin B, D, E and C as having a good balance of vitamins and minerals can ensure thyroid health
I lost all trust in now foods when 10,000iu of their d3 put me at 38.

Now foods also uses some of the wrong extracts/forms in their products.

Did not know this.... one fuck up and I am done... so Jarrow is good?

I'm not familiar with the testing but what test was 38?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

I'm not familiar with the testing but what test was 38?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2
25 hydroxy vitamin D

I was hoping for 60-80ng.

CARLSON'S D 3 is the highest quality I have found it comes in 1,000 2,000 and 4,000 iu capsules in an oil base. I take it with my Carslon's fish oil in the am.

im taking 10,000iu ed of healthy origins d3, it has a little olive oil with it, also taking 200mcg of mk-7 ed, I tested at a level of 34 before I started, will retest after I have been taking a couple of months.

im taking 10,000iu ed of healthy origins d3, it has a little olive oil with it, also taking 200mcg of mk-7 ed, I tested at a level of 34 before I started, will retest after I have been taking a couple of months.
Look into Super K with advanced k2 complex from LEF.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131