over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

rice protein powder

Press

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
im trying to give up all milk products. im thinking of using rice protein pwo only. i can only handle so much eggs. i was just wondering if anyone uses it and if they know what the digestion rate is? its more out of curiosity since i will be blending it with eggwhites, fruit, and oatmeal. thanx

Hi Press,

I tried Rice, Pea and Hemp.
The Rice and Hemp are kinda grainy in texture.
Pea is the smoothest.

Sadly, all 3 caused digestion issues, gas, bloating, etc.

But you may be fine. Maybe just order 1lb and see how your
system handles them.

Your other option is to use straight EAA's.
No issues from them at all.

Good Luck,

-MT

im trying to give up all milk products. im thinking of using rice protein pwo only. i can only handle so much eggs. i was just wondering if anyone uses it and if they know what the digestion rate is? its more out of curiosity since i will be blending it with eggwhites, fruit, and oatmeal. thanx

Hi Press,

I tried Rice, Pea and Hemp.
The Rice and Hemp are kinda grainy in texture.
Pea is the smoothest.

Sadly, all 3 caused digestion issues, gas, bloating, etc.

But you may be fine. Maybe just order 1lb and see how your
system handles them.

Your other option is to use straight EAA's.
No issues from them at all.

Good Luck,

-MT

thanx MT. the texture wont bother me as long as i can digest it, but ya ill buy 1lb and see how it goes.

I tried rice protein a few times and it was a bit grainy, but it digested well. I don't know how effective the amino's are for post workout but give it a try and let us know what you think.

Do you eat meat?
Most of my protein comes from egg whites, cottage cheese, cheese, whey, and turkey breast.
I like whey, whey concentrate, cottage cheese, and egg whites together for time release. Cottage cheese is casein protein.
Do you have issues digesting dairy products?

There's also LBAs and beef protein isolates. I don't know about rice but I tried the pea protein and it was not great. You can mask the taste enough by flavoring it but it is very thick.

Why are you abandoning dairy?

TRuenutrition rice protein digests well on its own and blends well too with other products.

I tried rice protein a few times and it was a bit grainy, but it digested well. I don't know how effective the amino's are for post workout but give it a try and let us know what you think.

kool, hopefully i digest it well too. amino acid profile looks good but lysine needs to be add if it hasnt been already. from what i read there is no difference in muscle gain/fat loss between rice and whey.

Do you eat meat?
Most of my protein comes from egg whites, cottage cheese, cheese, whey, and turkey breast.
I like whey, whey concentrate, cottage cheese, and egg whites together for time release. Cottage cheese is casein protein.
Do you have issues digesting dairy products?

yeah i eat a lot of meats. i only have one shake a day pwo usually consisting of greek yogurt and egg whites. i think the dairy is giving me loos bowel movements. also i found out i have a very slight allergy to dairy .11 ku/l. i dont wanna give it up i LOVE cottage cheese and greek yogurt.

There's also LBAs and beef protein isolates. I don't know about rice but I tried the pea protein and it was not great. You can mask the taste enough by flavoring it but it is very thick.

Why are you abandoning dairy?

im kinda in a tough spot. i cant have artificial sweeteners be cause of rosacea and lba's and beef isolate both contain them. im ditching dairy for the reasons i told JJ.

TRuenutrition rice protein digests well on its own and blends well too with other products.

i cant use any of truenutritions protein products unfortunately because they are manufactured in a facility that handles shellfish and im very allergic to shellfish. i cant breathe if i eat it (anaphylactic shock).

so that pretty much covers it :banghead:

Apart from egg I think your best options are Hydrolysed Beef Protein, Pea Protein Isolate, Brown Rice Protein and Hemp Protein. Find out what works for you then I would recommend using a blend of the 2 that you react to best.

I use things like warrior blend protein and have tried many veggie proteins. They never upset my stomach and in fact may be easier on the stomach than whey. Veggie proteins seem to dilate my blood vessels similar to an arginine supplement so I use them sparingly.

Apart from egg I think your best options are Hydrolysed Beef Protein, Pea Protein Isolate, Brown Rice Protein and Hemp Protein. Find out what works for you then I would recommend using a blend of the 2 that you react to best.

yeah i agree. tho id only use hydrolysed beef protein if it was organic and i dont feel like spending that much money on it. i found a decent price on organic brown rice protein. pea and rice protein would make a complete protein so thats a good option and hemp is already a complete protein itself, but its got a boat load of fiber and low protein per gram. so narrowing it down i think rice and pea is a great option. i just gotta find out the origin of these products i dont want anything from china especially.

thanx every1 been helpful!

yeah i agree. tho id only use hydrolysed beef protein if it was organic and i dont feel like spending that much money on it. i found a decent price on organic brown rice protein. pea and rice protein would make a complete protein so thats a good option and hemp is already a complete protein itself, but its got a boat load of fiber and low protein per gram. so narrowing it down i think rice and pea is a great option. i just gotta find out the origin of these products i dont want anything from china especially.

thanx every1 been helpful!

I don't use hemp as an only protein source in a meal. But I think it is great when added to other proteins. I like whey so I usually add a scoop to that at times. Your plan sounds great. Pea Isolate is a great protein it just tastes like crap :eek::D

I don't use hemp as an only protein source in a meal. But I think it is great when added to other proteins. I like whey so I usually add a scoop to that at times. Your plan sounds great. Pea Isolate is a great protein it just tastes like crap :eek::D

lol yeah i can imagine. plus ill be adding my green power blend powder and that tastes like crap too. maybe rice and added lysine is the way to go or just more egg whites. im not concerned i was just wondering what peoples thoughts were.

try garden of life raw protein...i got their vanilla chia and it taste decent little grainy for sure...i rarely use it but figure be good to add variety...i like to mix it with some flax milk or almond milk

I've tried a few rice protein. This gotta be the best tasting ;)
**broken link removed**

I cant stomach any dairy and use pea protein isolate.

try garden of life raw protein...i got their vanilla chia and it taste decent little grainy for sure...i rarely use it but figure be good to add variety...i like to mix it with some flax milk or almond milk

cant have artificial sweeteners

I've tried a few rice protein. This gotta be the best tasting ;)

same as above :naughty:

I cant stomach any dairy and use pea protein isolate.

how do you like the taste?

You get used to the taste. I have never been a fussy eater anyway and dont mind it.

I use Reflex Vegan Protein Chocolate flavour. Reflex is a UK company, not sure about US versions.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity