YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone not take protein based supplements and just go EAAs?

Swifto

Kilo Klub Member
Registered

After problems with almost all whey and dairy proteins and now pea protein isolate messing with my stomach, I might just go with EAAs now.

Any drawback taking only EAA's as opposed to whey protein isolate or other protein supplements?

Yes I have.
Feel much better for it.
If any thing a small amount peptopro while I train because I still have some left.
Other than that just EAA.
Occassionally a little leucine if a meal lacks 40g whole protein.
After years of always using shakes I really feel better overall not having them.
Plus it's so hard to get good quality protein powders.
Even isopure a brand I used to love underdosed their protein.

I recently switched to using EAA's with HBCD during my workouts, and no longer have the typical whey shake afterwards. I like it but it really hasn't been long enough to decide what i like better.

I still have whey protein and I have a shake with it in the AM and sometimes during the day. So i have not completely done away with protein powder. I always buy the good stuff, pure whey isolate or hydro whey...

How many g's of EAA = 25 g protien? Or is this the wrong way to go about it?

Yes I have.
Feel much better for it.
If any thing a small amount peptopro while I train because I still have some left.
Other than that just EAA.
Occassionally a little leucine if a meal lacks 40g whole protein.
After years of always using shakes I really feel better overall not having them.
Plus it's so hard to get good quality protein powders.
Even isopure a brand I used to love underdosed their protein.

I'm going to go the EAA route, less bloating and stomach discomfort I predict.

I'm done with shakes.

How many g's of EAA = 25 g protien? Or is this the wrong way to go about it?

Not entirely sure, but all protein powders are are a makeup of various amino acids anyway.

I was going to go 20g EAAs to replace all shakes, which is/was 2-3 per day.

I have been doing 30g in my intra. Not sure what the conversion is but everyone on here says for an intra shake you should use between 20-30g, so thats what im doing.

I've been doing this for the last 6 months or so and really like it. Have been using humapro.

The tabs are wicked convenient and if you get them from the right place during certain sales they are reasonably priced.

1 tab is supposedly equivalent to 5.6 grams of protein I believe.

I've been doing this for the last 6 months or so and really like it. Have been using humapro.

The tabs are wicked convenient and if you get them from the right place during certain sales they are reasonably priced.

1 tab is supposedly equivalent to 5.6 grams of protein I believe.

All Humapro is, is essentially instantized EAAs with a GDA. You're better getting instantized EAAs from truenutrition.com in bulk.

i really dont think protein powders or BCAAS are necessary at all
just get it through food imo....i kind of understand the post workout shake that's about it

to each their own

After problems with almost all whey and dairy proteins and now pea protein isolate messing with my stomach, I might just go with EAAs now.

Any drawback taking only EAA's as opposed to whey protein isolate or other protein supplements?

Just wondering but why not just use food. I like my whey proteins to flavour Greek yogurt, musily and some other things but I've done the rice and chicken post without thing and it's just as effective as any powder or supp.

All Humapro is, is essentially instantized EAAs with a GDA. You're better getting instantized EAAs from truenutrition.com in bulk.

Swifto you're right and I know I would save some decent money that way as well. The only reason I go with humapro is because they have it in tablets which are convenient.

I stopped using protein powders and amino acids a few years ago. I feel better and look better. Wholesome nutritious food is all you need.

I just looked at TN's prices for the powder and you get a lot more for your money. I'm going to order these next time I run out.

Last edited:

True. Like what was said above, the tabs are just really convenient. I just got so burnt out on choking down shakes over the years; it's kind of nice to just throw back a bunch of tabs and be done with it.

I used up to 10gr pre meals and 40gr intra work out. All other protein is from meat. My digestion is much better and gains are as well.

Just wondering but why not just use food. I like my whey proteins to flavour Greek yogurt, musily and some other things but I've done the rice and chicken post without thing and it's just as effective as any powder or supp.

I've never been much of a massive eater, or had a huge appetite.

That said, I've been eating 1-2 egg meals, fish, chicken, beef, then shakes as far as protein content is concerned. Peat protein isolate was 30g x2 = 60g and thats it, the rest is from solid food.

Will see how I get on with EAAs, shakes seem to fuck with my stomach after a while, regardless of what they are.

I've never been much of a massive eater, or had a huge appetite.

That said, I've been eating 1-2 egg meals, fish, chicken, beef, then shakes as far as protein content is concerned. Peat protein isolate was 30g x2 = 60g and thats it, the rest is from solid food.

Will see how I get on with EAAs, shakes seem to fuck with my stomach after a while, regardless of what they are.

That's fair enough, just wondered was all. Maybey eating more carbs and less protein would be easier for you? Some people just don't digest protein that well. Fat is my thing I'm not so good at digesting. I can eat carbs and protein all day. I cut on only 220 protein last time but 500 carbs and held muscle just as well so the carbs are defiantly protein sparing

Humapro and REAL FOOD.... all day, every day. Only when I have Quest bars (as a cheat) do I take in whey

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420