over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Train 6-7x week?

Damios

Registered
Hi,

Does anyone train 6-7 days a week? Is it possible to handle? Or doing something like this is one of the stupid things to do becouse overtraining etc. etc.? :)

i usually train 7 days a week. usually two of those days are just cardio so maybe you can call them active rest days. to me, i do not really believe in over training if you go everyday for a certain amount of time. say if you go every day for like 2,3,4 hours (which i know people who do) then yes you are absolutely overtraining. over training can also be avoided by proper supplementation, a good diet, and restful sleep as well. my honest opinion is just listen to your body, it will tell you if it needs a break.

Overtraining

i usually train 7 days a week. usually two of those days are just cardio so maybe you can call them active rest days. to me, i do not really believe in over training if you go everyday for a certain amount of time. say if you go every day for like 2,3,4 hours (which i know people who do) then yes you are absolutely overtraining. over training can also be avoided by proper supplementation, a good diet, and restful sleep as well. my honest opinion is just listen to your body, it will tell you if it needs a break.
I agree with you almost 100%. Ive noticed in my older age that I need more time off to recuperate. Having said that, I have found that good "supplementation" diet,rest allow me to push further harder longer and continue to get results. When i'm not supplementing at all I only work out two three times a week. Me personally I would never lift weights 7 days in a row. IDK? Maybe that's why i'm just mediocre.:)

can train a muscle 1 day a week, can train it 7 days a week... just need to adjust the volume of the program and will depend on your own recovery ability... the more often u can work a muscle and progress in training the bigger the muscle imo will grow.....

I agree with you almost 100%. Ive noticed in my older age that I need more time off to recuperate. Having said that, I have found that good "supplementation" diet,rest allow me to push further harder longer and continue to get results. When i'm not supplementing at all I only work out two three times a week. Me personally I would never lift weights 7 days in a row. IDK? Maybe that's why i'm just mediocre.:)

well by "supplementation" i meant all legal things because who knows what people are using lol. but i did see pitbulltank responded, and i must say ever since i started taking the LBAs i have noticed a huge increase in energy and recovery time. maybe look into those my friend.

Yes you can do it.

Just listen closely to what your body tells you and take a day off whenever you feel exhausted.

Obviously, if you go all out for 2-3 hours every day you're gonna feel depleted after a little while, but if you train smart for 30-45 minutes each day and food/supps/gear are on point it may take months until you really need a day off.

are we talking about training the same muscle 6-7x a week, or just training in general 6-7x a week?

I traim 7days a week always have always will

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2

As a father of three boys and working two jobs I do my best to hit the gym every day to do something for me even if its 20 minutes but I do miss a day or so per week.

My recovery really depends on my nutrition. I don't know as much as other guys here but as long as I'm getting 5-6 hours of sleep a night, not missing meals, and listening to my body I seem fine.

are we talking about training the same muscle 6-7x a week, or just training in general 6-7x a week?

General 6-7x a week. But i don't mean for example one day only for biceps, next day only for triceps etc. You know... something like:

P/P/L Repeat or Legs/Shouders+Triceps/Back/Chest+Biceps Repeat...

I train 7 days a week.

What Your split routine looks like?

Last edited:
I'm 47 so I lift EOD except I sometimes do feeder work to same muscle group the following day.

4 days a week is good for me. I'm getting bigger and stronger so is good enouph for me. Others might have a different thought.

oh ok...i do chest/back MON, legs Tues, arms wed, thurs off day... then repeat fri, sat, sun, off monday, repeat etc... every muscle 2x a week.. abs everyday pretty much... calves 3x a week... no problems w overtraining... 3 or 4 sets to failure at different rep ranges...

Last edited:
Pittbull hit the nail on the head, adjusting volume, work load, technique, rest, intensity will have a play on the stimulus and the recruitment patterns of muscle fibers. You can hit the same muscle two days in a row, one with heavy weight, low(ish) reps (under 12) one day and then next go to failure at a high rep range 20-30 reps, and you will have a different recruitment pattern of the muscle fibers. You will fatigue different fibers at different rates in each of the days.

Of course, after several weeks going hard like that, you are going to need a little cruise or deload, but you can train each muscle quite frequently when you manipulate volume, load, intensity..etc properly.

The CNS will be stressed more with heavy ass lifts, doing them only once per week minimizes that and then incorporating other styles allows for more frequent training of that muscle.

Last edited:
It's about CNS overtraining, not muscle overtraining.. For me, training lighter (10-12+ reps) allows me to train more often as it's much easier on my CNS than max effort lifts.

Im 32. I find that when I am having optimal workouts, more than 2 days in a row and I notice CNS fatigue, mentally just not in it as much, less pump and just less of a quality workout. I'll do 3 in a row if my schedule requires it but its not ideal. This is even on AAS. I guess I am just not as hardcore as some of you guys! For this reason, I am 2 on 1 off. Split usually ends up with me training evenings on M, T, THU and Sat. afternoon. Legs being on Thursday. If I work out 5+ days a week I seem to grow less too. Frees up Fri. evening and Sat. evening which keeps the wife happy. If I am in a growth phase and have bumped cals/AAS way up, I can obviously train more often but I rarely do that because losing fat post 30 yo is a bitch so I stay pretty lean year round now.

I could only really do that balls to the wall workout 6 days in a row bullshit when I was 18-22! If I do that now, I see less gains and feel taxed. I also work a stressful 56-57hrs/wk too though.

Last edited:
Im 32. I find that when I am having optimal workouts, more than 2 days in a row and I notice CNS fatigue, mentally just not in it as much, less pump and just less of a quality workout. I'll do 3 in a row if my schedule requires it but its not ideal. This is even on AAS. I guess I am just not as hardcore as some of you guys! For this reason, I am 2 on 1 off. Split usually ends up with me training evenings on M, T, THU and Sat. afternoon. Legs being on Thursday. If I work out 5+ days a week I seem to grow less too. Frees up Fri. evening and Sat. evening which keeps the wife happy. If I am in a growth phase and have bumped cals/AAS way up, I can obviously train more often but I rarely do that because losing fat post 30 yo is a bitch so I stay pretty lean year round now.

I could only really do that balls to the wall workout 6 days in a row bullshit when I was 18-22! If I do that now, I see less gains and feel taxed. I also work a stressful 56-57hrs/wk too though.

how many working sets do you per workout usually? at what rep ranges... just curious...

Seriously some of you need to force yourselves to take a day off. I know it's extremely difficult to fathom that but it doesn't benefit you to go 7 days a week. It's just like any other addiction. Too much isn't always better.

how many working sets do you per workout usually? at what rep ranges... just curious...

Rep range 10-12, working sets depends on muscle group(s) obviously. But usually 3-4 sets. Its a higher volume approach, definitely not like DC style or anything. But I do incorporate heavier sets with lower rep ranges periodically. I'm usually in there about 70-80min, try to hold it to under 90min. Nothing about my training is extraordinary.

Seriously some of you need to force yourselves to take a day off. I know it's extremely difficult to fathom that but it doesn't benefit you to go 7 days a week. It's just like any other addiction. Too much isn't always better.

When I was younger I used to train way too much, eat like a retard, and rely on supplements a lot. As I got older/wiser, I focused on diet more and trained less (but smarter) and the gains got better. I feel like someone who is 30+ years old who trains 6-7 days a week could really see some gains if they backed it down to 4-5. Worth a try, right? Its not who trains hardest, its who trains SMARTEST.

Last edited:

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner