over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Weight Belt

richiec

Verified Customer / Kilo Klub Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
What are you guys using?

I was using a Valeo for a long time, and lost it.
went to ProWristStraps.com to look around and they have a very nice selection, but it is pretty big. Trying to narrow down my choices.
Are you using a single or double prong?
Any experience with the "lever" belt?
Suede or leather?
How thick?

I want to get a belt for squats and dead lifts mainly if that helps.

Thanks in advance

I'd stay away from.the lever belt as I've heard it's not user friendly. I'm pretty strong and I use a $20 4 inch Velcro belt. I'm doing this a long time and I've had many belts. The heavy belts are just uncomfortable for me and while I can squat close to 500lbs, I just don't think I need any more support than what I'm using. Your results may vary.

I've got a 10mm inner lever belt and I love it.
Adjusting it takes a minute or two and a screw driver, but it's no big deal, I might loosen it a notch or two on a bulk then back down cutting, so only a few times a year

I'm curious about the lever as I've never used one, always did the 2 prong.
I am missing half of my abdomen, so I do need support on squats when trying to push a little harder. I'm contemplating the single prong as I am familiar with the prong belts. ATP makes great products, so I'm probably going to go with them as I don't feel like paying for the name, rather the product. The products I've gotten from them in the past have been great, so now it's just the specifics on the belt

Any preference on thickness? Is 10mm pretty much the standard?

Last edited:
I have a few belts, and for most people I would just recommend a 10mm single prong. The lever is "ok" but can be a pain in the ass if your weight fluctuates, and also it is just something else that can break. I have seen numerous levers fail.

Depending on what you are going to use it for I would consider this belt in Single Prong. Hand made in the USA, and of very high quality.
Athlete Suede Powerlifting Belt - Best Belts

If you would prefer a 3" belt the also offer this one. These are good if you don't lift super heavy.
3 Inch Crossfit Belt - The Best Belt for Crossfit Training

If you want a cheap belt I would grab this one.
Rogue Echo 10mm Lifting Belt | Rogue Fitness

13mm is pretty thick. I have a 13mm Inzer lever and it took FOREVER to start to break in, and even 3 years later it is still stiff as hell. I like it for heavy squats, but I use my 10mm for everything else.

Last edited:
Inzer 13mm forever belt Lever closure. Love it, best belt I have ever owned.

Elite fts has a nice 6.5mm. It's good a good belt if you want something thinner. **broken link removed**

Anyone ever spent the money on a cardillo? Were they worth it? I've owned 2 inzer forever belts. One powerlifting and one tapered bodybuilding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 mm inzer forever. No complaints, gives great support and is good quality.

Hard to beat elitefts belts. I got an interview as well that I like. Elite had a 13 mm single prong on close out right now for 30 bucks

Hard to beat elitefts belts. I got an interview as well that I like. Elite had a 13 mm single prong on close out right now for 30 bucks

Where is that close out at?

Where is that close out at?

It's their economy belt. I'm not sure if they've improved this in recent times but when I used one it was pretty low quality. It had like plastic sandwiched between leather. Was super stiff.
**broken link removed**

A belt will literally last a lifetime. Might as well spend $80 for a best belt or something decent.

Anyone ever spent the money on a cardillo? Were they worth it? I've owned 2 inzer forever belts. One powerlifting and one tapered bodybuilding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
+1. Im really close to ordering a cardillo belt because you can have it customized

About shit on myself when my wife bought the forever pr 13mm belt $140.00 but if you want easy adjustments with the lever control then by all means?

copy off the inzer site

The PR BELT

(Patent # 5,647,824)

The patented design is unprecedented, giving you the ability to micro-tighten the belt to your exact preference. And it can be instantly loosened with ease. Plus, when you follow the instructions below, the belt is simple to use.

Instructions For Wear

Just wrap the belt around your waist like any normal belt.

Place the leather end of the belt through the stainless steel tongue loop, then place the nylon strap through the ratchet center slot and pull snug.

While holding the nylon strap tight begin ratcheting the belt and release your grasp of the nylon strap.

Ratchet/tighten belt as desired.

To loosen, with your middle and index finger just pull up and hold open the spring loaded ratchet safety lever. Next open (180°) the ratchet all the way until it can't open any more. At this point the nylon strap will be loose and you can open the belt by pushing out with your tummy or using your hands.

I just bought A all Velcro core support belt at wallmart, $25.
I'm hoping it keeps my umbilical hernia from getting worse. I never needed it for back support but should have been using it to contain all the abdominal pressure when going heavy.

Had a whole bunch of real leather Altus Athletic belts. Company is now closed as of last year but was started in the 1970's. By far best belts I have ever used with amazing quality.

Started with leather belts then I bought a 10mm powerlifting single prong belt. Didn't like it too much. Went back to leather belts, 4" backs with the tapered fronts, but support on the front was lacking.

My fav belt is now one that has a contoured fit, 4" in the back and 4" in the front that overlaps with smaller sides so it doesn't pinch ur hips or ribs.

Kinda like the sheik contoured leather belt.

Best belt for both abdominal and lower back support ive found and is leather so it becomes form fitting after it s broken in.

Inzer forever belt for me. I use a 13mm for squats and deads. I had an APT belt before the inzer and feel the inzer is far superior.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws