YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How long did it take for you to realize that you never be a Top Pro Bodybuilder?

desibaba

Banned
I think most of us who fall in love with Bodybuilding at a very young age have dreams of being Mr Olympia someday. We all have thought at one point or another that if we worked hard enough and did everything we could then we would be the next Flex Wheeler, Jay Cutler or Ronnie Coleman. Unfortunately after the initial gains and then the slowly gained muscle that follows most of us realize our genetics aren't there regardless of how much gear you abuse.

I realized I have a long arms with a short torso and I hold most of my bodyfat in my midsection and I don't have good muscle bellies. Most people can build a nice looking physique even if its not that huge while having decent cuts as long as you keep your bodyfat low but you have to be realistic when you are talking about competing with the best of the best. Guys like Jay Cutler and Phil Heath exploded in size in their first couple of years of training. I think if you aren't really big after training hard and eating well for a few years chances are it wont happen regardless of what you do from that point on.

So when did you most of you realize that you can have a great body that looks amazing but you also were smart enough to know you couldn't be Mr Olympia?

Honestly I have never had that goal.
It amazes me how many guys come to me never having competed OR having competed and not won a regional show telling me they intend on turning pro.
Why do these people care so much....is that why people bodybuild?! To get a piece of paper that calls them a "pro" in some federation.
It's very confusing to me.

Pretty quickly. Within the first couple years of training.

Did that make you upset or depress you? Hany Rambod recently said he realized that while he was still in his early 20s and decided to learn be a Prep guy and it paid off very well for him financially even though his dream of becoming Mr Olympia himself never came true.

Cause you would DEFINITELY know by then!!! Nothing wrong with dreams and goals - they are critical to happiness I believe - but reality is needed too...
Shelby - I don't think anyone would say you haven't succeeded in bodybuilding and something tells me that realizing you weren't a genetic freak didn't slow you down at all!!

Did that make you upset or depress you? Hany Rambod recently said he realized that while he was still in his early 20s and decided to learn be a Prep guy and it paid off very well for him financially even though his dream of becoming Mr Olympia himself never came true.

Cause you would DEFINITELY know by then!!! Nothing wrong with dreams and goals - they are critical to happiness I believe - but reality is needed too...
Shelby - I don't think anyone would say you haven't succeeded in bodybuilding and something tells me that realizing you weren't a genetic freak didn't slow you down at all!!

It's just reality, I'm not upset or depressed about it. I just do the best I can with what I've been given. There are always going to be bodybuilders that are better than me, and bodybuilders that are worse than me.

I really enjoy bodybuilding, but you can only do it for so long. You can coach for a lot longer.

after my first cycle.

wasn't really an issue.. didn't have an aspiration to be a pro bodybuilder.. just wanted to look good

3 months.
Dominate physique instead imo and stay 10x healthier :p

When I maxed out at 5'10 170lbs natural (very low bodyfat) no matter what I did.

I never thought id be a pro. I always wanted to be massive. 240lb+... i refuse to mega dose and i can only eat so much. Right now I'm around 215 and 12% body fat. Ive learned my genetics aren't great for bodybuilding and ive accepted it. I just found out my girl is pregnant and that really puts life into prospective. I want to take care of my body and be lean, which is a more practical goal.

30 seconds after I looked at my first Flex magazine lol, it really hit home though after I took all the BSN products that Ronnie Coleman took and didn't chsnge at all.

I think if this is what you love to do, you should always put as much into it as you did before or after you realize you can be a good pro or not. Not wasting your life on 100% bodybuilding though, because even good pros aren't lifeless meatheads. I don't think it should break anyone's spirits if they ever realize they can't be a super star pro. Pretend that you can even if you can't... if this is what you love. Do that and then focus on the meaningful things you get from this sport, on your journey. There is always someone who will look up to you. Maybe a kid who sees you at the gym. Maybe someone online who follows you and you don't know it. Think about those things you can do for others. Your inspiration may be what does make someone else start the journey to become a good pro some day.

I mean think of WHY you would ever want to be Mr. Olympia? Just to be a champion? To put your name among the list of the greats? I believe you get way more out of giving. Think about what you can do to make this world better. If this is something you are good at, use it as your tool. When you die, people remember WHO you were, not WHAT you did. It is not IF they will remember you, but HOW they will remember you.

Last edited:
I have the genetics to go pro. I would be a small pro though like under 200 lbs. Not bragging just what I have been told by a couple of NPC level competitors. I have no desire to be that big and I have never competed.

About tens seconds after I put posing trunks on for the first time.

Tried flexing with a friend at the gym who was competing. I just felt weird and awkward. Not for me.

I enjoy lifting, bulking, and seeing how cut I can get when dieting. I'm happy with that.

I'm sure social anxiety plays a big role. I don't like people looking at me. I don't like the attention.

Last edited:
After a year on gear I realized I could not gain the muscle needed for bodybuilding. So I switched to Men's Physique instead and I am happy with the transaction!

I've known since the Jurassic Period. I was a skinny little kid who struggled to gain even a small bit of size.

Interestingly, Boxing came very very easily for me, as my top game in Jui jitsu.

Guard, and kicks, those came hard. Guys I trained with used to make fun of my kicking. After training and training, throwing thousands of kicks I became very proficient.

That is, proficient for a doughy middle aged man.:p

I had to lift 10,000 times to change my body

Interestingly, since starting GH, my worst bodyparts (chest and Bi's) improved the most. Regular gear gets my best body parts the biggest.

I had professional quality legs and a good back, but never a package that could go beyond the regional level.

And my back was undone by a fairly thick waist.

What drove me to competing was the fact that I had such a poor physique to begin with. It was my high school wrestling coach that got me to start lifting.

I am back into MMA (although I think I broke a finger tonight) but bodybuilding will always be my first love.

I see guys wining, not wanting to go to the gym, etc.

To me, that is insanity. The gym, weight training, that is and always will be the best part of my day. I truly can't imagine my life w/ out training.

If I am lucky, I will die in the gym.

I think if this is what you love to do, you should always put as much into it as you did before or after you realize you can be a good pro or not. Not wasting your life on 100% bodybuilding though, because even good pros aren't lifeless meatheads. I don't think it should break anyone's spirits if they ever realize they can't be a super star pro. Pretend that you can even if you can't... if this is what you love. Do that and then focus on the meaningful things you get from this sport, on your journey. There is always someone who will look up to you. Maybe a kid who sees you at the gym. Maybe someone online who follows you and you don't know it. Think about those things you can do for others. Your inspiration may be what does make someone else start the journey to become a good pro some day.

I mean think of WHY you would ever want to be Mr. Olympia? Just to be a champion? To put your name among the list of the greats? I believe you get way more out of giving. Think about what you can do to make this world better. If this is something you are good at, use it as your tool. When you die, people remember WHO you were, not WHAT you did. It is not IF they will remember you, but HOW they will remember you.

One of the best posts I have ever read. Follow this mans' advice.

By the third cycle, I was like okay, I'm just wasting my health

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity