over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gym Shoes??

Simon_454

Registered
Need a recommendation for some new shoes for the gym, price is not a huge concern, I feel it's important to wear a quality made shoe especially when training

I like light running Nikes (Air Max or free run) for training most days. If i'm doing something that i need a little ankle support, I have a couple pairs of basketball high tops.

New Balance 620s.

Comfy and extremely durable. I get rid of them because of smell. I haven't had a pair wear out yet.

Not great for running in, but you could run a mile in them and they're ok for that.

And decent grip for calf work.

for training you want something with proper foot placement.

many shoes now have you stepping in a very unnatural way, essentially leading withyour heal.

this happens when the heel is higher, like a LOT of NIKE's.

I went a little extreme learning biomechanics and all that.

I don't like the barefoot shoes or nike free.

I haven't tried the latest ones but puma votaic was great and bought like 4-5 pairs, turin was basically the same but leather. then they changed the construction...

I think the votaic 2-3 and 4 were all good. same with turin but maybe not 4.

all the shoes I love were discontinued! lol!

ill have to see what the adi high tops I like were but no good as they are non existant.

you want things that leave you foot in a natural position, leading with the ball of your foot.

the votaic feel like two plat forms, one for the front/ball the other for heel.

https://www.google.com.ar/search?q=...v&sa=X&ei=qXCxVMf4BIfHsQSXr4DwCQ&ved=0CCcQsAQ

the black ones were the best shoes I ever had! lol

I have seriously 5 pairs of these here with me, and 2 more old ones. bought 7 in total, they are that good.

Squatting in some of the "flyknit" Nike frees is sketchy you heels just don't stay centered in the shoe.

I want old school otomix

I use Nike frees any time I'm doing upper body and reebok powerlifting shoes for legs or for just calves work.. I busted an ankle, tore an arch up, and have had several foot injuries so having heavy duty shoes are well worth it and do make a difference.

LK3,

I agree, when you find something like shoes (that get discontinued often) that you love, buy a shit load so you're set.

Innov8 or new balance minimus

NB minimus Zero (limited Harley Pasternak edition, lol) when doing legs/calves or want more flexibility. Otherwise, I just picked up some Air Max 2015.

SO FRASSH!!!

mx00hp_nb_14_i

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Need a recommendation for some new shoes for the gym, price is not a huge concern, I feel it's important to wear a quality made shoe especially when training

I'd say it depends on your training and goals. I wear Olympic weightlifting shoes with a solid heel unless I'm dead lifting which I then wear converse.

Reebok DmxSky Cell. [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Reebok-Mens-SkyCell-DMX-Running/dp/B008JBNJSC"]Amazon.com: Reebok Men's SkyCell DMX Run Running Shoe: Dmxsky Run Sneaker: Shoes@@AMEPARAM@@https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41Q%2BP0xp21L.@@AMEPARAM@@41Q%2BP0xp21L[/ame]

Absolutely the best shoes I have ever had. Please note, I am speaking from a point of someone who was passed down a horrible case of flat feet. I'm now 32, and have had 5 foot surgeries. 3 on 1 and 2 on the other; and am still in need of what would hopefully be a final foot reconstruction on each. And those 5 were done prior to my being 28. Pins in my feet, bone taken out. Tendon rerouted. Foot pain is by far the worst. And these have been the only shoes that I don't get no where near the amount of pain I have with every other shoes. Nothing but excellent reviews everywhere I've ever seen. They are not making them anymore, but now make Dmx Impact which has the AirPods in the heel/back portion. These too felt comfortable during instore trying on. But for me, I needed the whole length coverage due to my dad gifting me his f'd up feet. Check youtube out and you'll find Reebok's infomercial for it and they explain the tech/idea for the making.

If your looking for a different approach, Gravity Defyer is another one. They have a spring type system and run a lil wider than most. Unlike some of the other spring system's, they keep it hidden and looking decent at the same time. I've only had their dress shoes, which were a godsend when I was working retail 10-12hrs a day, dressed in shirt and tie. I was going to get some of the sneakrs, but wasn't satisfied with he local selection as in AZ not a ton of pps carry them. But online, they have more.

Hope that helps, and. Sorry for the lengthy post.

Inov-8. Great shoe. Little pricey. Very lightweight, various heal to toe ratios for squats. I love them.

I'm a Nike man myself. Have pair of Cross Trainers that I've had for years, only use them for my workouts. The top eyes are about to pull through.

When they do I will cry real tears......

I like vibrams but yeah they look retarded. Anything with minimal heal to toe drop is good for me. I like Nike free shoes but may try something different next.

I'm a Nike man myself. Have pair of Cross Trainers that I've had for years, only use them for my workouts. The top eyes are about to pull through.

When they do I will cry real tears......

You should be able to find a video online about how to properly lace your shoes. It keeps them tight and takes the strain off the eyelettes.

If you can't find one, PM me and I'll check for you or take a pic of my shoes.

im rotating 4 different pairs of new balance...I think they are a really comfy well made shoe.

more importantly they are made in the good ol US of A.

Dowin weightlifting shoes for squats and deadlifts
Danner hiking boots for everything else

Attachments

• Danner-combat-hiker-gore-tex-military-boots-waterproof-leather-for-men-and-women-in-brown~p~4369.jpg
    Danner-combat-hiker-gore-tex-military-boots-waterproof-leather-for-men-and-women-in-brown~p~4369.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 1,142
  • dowin-5.jpg
    dowin-5.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 710

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner