over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

chest pain

fstr03svtcobra

Registered
Hey guys. I'm getting an odd pain in the left side of my chest under my pec almost armpit area but not quite that high. The pain is not constant - it comes and goes. It is pretty dull.

The facts are as follows:
*Noticed that the left side of my back (essentially the same height or slightly lower than where my chest is hurting) was extremely swollen. Several friends noticed this. I cannot imagine that this is anything other than a pulled muscle although I do not remember pulling anything. I cannot think of any organ ailment that would manifest with outward swelling like that.
*I am on no stimulants minus 400 mg of caffeine in the morning. I have extensively used eca and ecay in the past though.
*I have not used any gear in over 2 years, but am two weeks into a 10mg ed msten cycle. I was only planning on running this 4 weeks.
*I can hear my heartbeat in my ear when I my breathing gets heavy.
*I haven't had an ekg this year, but had one two years ago and everything was perfect. I'm in my 20's, upfront about gear usage to my doc and haven't touched anything illegal since talking with him. Lipids, liver, kidney blood work all fantastic as of two weeks ago.

My initial thoughts are that this is likely the result of the oral causing high blood pressure. That would explain the chest pain. Additionally, could the back pain could manifest itself in the front of my chest?

Is it possible stimulant usage has done any damage to my heart? I cannot imagine that this is the case since ephedrine and yohimbine have been used safely for centuries. Any other ideas about what could be going on?

it sounds like it could be a strained muscle which could cause that kinda pain, but either way get to the doctor.

Additionally, could the back pain could manifest itself in the front of my chest?

Yes. Back problems can manifest all over the body.

I see you're on M-Sten, right? IME some of these so called pro-hormones or designer steroids bring much more sides than traditional steroids. Maybe discontinue the use and see if there's any improvement.

Yes. Back problems can manifest all over the body.

I see you're on M-Sten, right? IME some of these so called pro-hormones or designer steroids bring much more sides than traditional steroids. Maybe discontinue the use and see if there's any improvement.

I think that's what I'm going to do. I'm 99% sure there's no need concern given all the things I outlined in my original post. Just making sure I'm not overlooking anything. Thanks.

The weird thing with my back is that I don't remember pulling a muscle. It just started hurting one day and I noticed it was very swollen in one spot.

I get the same thing brother for me its one of two things to much deca or simply my backs out. Usually a trip to the chiropractor and I'm good as new!

I would try not to worry much; here are a couple of q's

1 - What was the last muscle group you trained? I'm thinking you might have strained something near your trap and rhomboid area, however you might have injured or "popped" your scapula out of place which would explain the swelling. If you do a lat spread, is one side bigger than the other?

2 - Heart rate and blood pressure? How much?

3 - How long has the swelling/pain been going on? If it's a short time span I'd say rest it out and wait to see what happens before taking another step. If it's been a long while I advise medical attention.

Like in every case, a doctor is your best bet.

I would try not to worry much; here are a couple of q's

1 - What was the last muscle group you trained? I'm thinking you might have strained something near your trap and rhomboid area, however you might have injured or "popped" your scapula out of place which would explain the swelling. If you do a lat spread, is one side bigger than the other?

I did some very heavy rack pulls and sumo deads last week and then noticed the swelling. The swelling is going down, but two days ago two people looked at my back and said wow your left side looks swollen and literally touched where it was hurting. They didn't talk to each other either.

2 - Heart rate and blood pressure? How much?

Heart rate and blood pressure are both normal although I haven't checked them since being on this super low dose msten cycle (10mg ed).

3 - How long has the swelling/pain been going on? If it's a short time span I'd say rest it out and wait to see what happens before taking another step. If it's been a long while I advise medical attention.

This has been going on a week tops!

Like in every case, a doctor is your best bet.

I think all that plus being a hypochondriac in general is the cause of all of this! Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
It's probably nothing, but it wouldn't hurt to get it checked out just in case

I'm with nothuman; it's working checking it out just to be safe, tho I'm leaning heavily on the strained muscle theory.

I had something similar to this about 5 years ago. My pain was a little lower than yours.
After a couple of days I was freaking out and my gf took me to the ER. When you tell them you have chest pains they do every test imaginable. They kept me there for a day and did an ekg, echo, ct scan, etc...
My heart and lungs checked out good.

A few weeks later I had a nuclear stress test and passed that with flying colors as well.
I even went to a gastroenterologist and had a colonoscopy since my family has a history of cancer (colon and prostate). Everything checked out there also.

I suspect it was anxiety. I've experienced those pains a few more times since but not nearly as bad as the first.
Luckily I have a good insurance plan and now have some piece of mind after that check up.

Thanks for all the help guys! I checked bp last night and it was 145/80. I'm usually 115/65 so that's most likely the cause. I guess my body wasn't ready for any gear after 2 years off even if it was just 10mg of msten.

Thanks for all the help guys! I checked bp last night and it was 145/80. I'm usually 115/65 so that's most likely the cause. I guess my body wasn't ready for any gear after 2 years off even if it was just 10mg of msten.

Sounds like you either need to stop the msten or manipulate your diet in a way your bp goes down.

I get the same thing brother for me its one of two things to much deca or simply my backs out. Usually a trip to the chiropractor and I'm good as new!

i bought one of those machines that you hang upside down in..you strap your feet in..im sure you have seen it..you will never go to a chiro again

Sounds like you either need to stop the msten or manipulate your diet in a way your bp goes down.

I stopped and may start back in a week or so. I'll eat very clean and maybe do every other day until my body adjusts. Thanks for the help.

Agreed,,,regardless,,,see a doctor just to be sure.

:yeahthat: The Best advice is here. If you're concerned enough to post here. Don't take any chances, see a doctor!

Thanks guys, I'm still getting some of the chest tightness. It feels like an elephant is sitting on my chest at times. In all likelihood it is from anxiety about thinking about this haha, but I'll probably give my doc a call on monday and see what he has to say.

Thanks guys, I'm still getting some of the chest tightness. It feels like an elephant is sitting on my chest at times. In all likelihood it is from anxiety about thinking about this haha, but I'll probably give my doc a call on monday and see what he has to say.

Yeah man, I don't do gear (maybe TRT in the future) but I know that anxiety can be a killer! I've learned to strategically eff off at work so as not to work myself up. When I would go hardcore with my workload and my 'get stuff done' list would grow my BP would stay at 150/100-ish for a while after I left work, even. I went to see the chiro a couple of weeks ago and my BP was 100/60 (!!!) I was feeling very relaxed but wasn't expecting it to be that low, perhaps I was dehydrated.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member