over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cardio - counterproductive

Damios

Registered
Hi,

What do You think about doing every day LISS cardio ( max 75-80% HRmax ), 20-30 mins in the morning or after training, year round?

We can see a lot of studies which show that cardio is counterproductive becouse it decrease metabolism by body adapt to it. Your opinion and experiences?

Hi,

What do You think about doing every day LISS cardio ( max 75-80% HRmax ), 20-30 mins in the morning or after training, year round?

We can see a lot of studies which show that cardio is counterproductive becouse it decrease metabolism by body adapt to it. Your opinion and experiences?

I do a lot of LISS but I mix days where I do moderate to intense cardio to keep my body off balance in that respect.
Pros cons with both ways IMHO.

Nothing wrong with it from a health perspective. Imo 3 to 4 days a week is plenty if you're doing heavy weight training too.

I like to do it, even everyday. Short cardio ( 20-30mins, in 70-80% HRmax, walk on treadmill with incline is my favourite ;) ) every morning or after weight training keep me "fresh" for whole day, i don't have any problem with appetite, blood presure stay in healty range etc. but...

a lot of people say and show studies that it inhibit gains ( even if you are on AAS... ), slow metabolism rate... :confused: Bullshit?

I feel there is nothing wrong with dong cardio as it keeps your heart healthy, but I wold mix things up as others have already posted. If you are doing it for fat loss when it comes time to diet, add in a few HIIT sessions... In the offseason you can add them as well, as they can improve CV health as you gain weight so that the weight gain does not compromise your health, just a little more food throughout the day and it shouldn't hurt weight gain. No need to hit it every day though...

I feel any trivial amount that cardio as you describe that hinders anything is offset by the benefits...

a lot of people say and show studies that it inhibit gains ( even if you are on AAS... ), slow metabolism rate... :confused: Bullshit?

link? sounds like total bs . slower metabolism...?
one of the overlooked benefits of cardiovascular training is that it also helps program your body to more effectively partition nutrients towards the development of muscle.

Last edited:
Slower metabolism from cardio? LOL thats hilarious.

Other than GHRP-6 or a heavy duty leg session, nothing boosts appetite and subsequently metabolism like a healthy cardio session.

You sweat out electrolytes which cause a shortage in which the body requests these back via the hunger and thirst signal.

Cardio will only enhance your internals and it will even make you poop more consistently and frequently.

Unless you train Mountain Dog style, you MUST do cardio for general health.

People are lazy so they make excuses not to do cardio. High blood pressure, kidney damage, high RBC, and "fat ass syndrome" are all from not doing cardio.

What most lifters don't get: weight training doesn't do shit for your cardiovascular system even if your heart rate is constantly elevated, unless you are doing very high paced circuit training, which no one is.

I do 20min in the AM every day for maintenance, if I'm leaning out I up it to 30min+

Benefits of cardio: faster recovery (better blood flow when not working out), more energy to lift harder in the gym, higher metabolism, higher blood volume, lower blood pressure, lower resting heart rate.

People are lazy so they make excuses not to do cardio. High blood pressure, kidney damage, high RBC, and "fat ass syndrome" are all from not doing cardio.

What most lifters don't get: weight training doesn't do shit for your cardiovascular system even if your heart rate is constantly elevated, unless you are doing very high paced circuit training, which no one is.

I do 20min in the AM every day for maintenance, if I'm leaning out I up it to 30min+

Benefits of cardio: faster recovery (better blood flow when not working out), more energy to lift harder in the gym, higher metabolism, higher blood volume, lower blood pressure, lower resting heart rate.

So wait....what youre saying is.....You will grow more muscle due to more ability to do more reps due to more energy due to better blood flow.....from Cardio? :D

I do about 40-45 minutes 7 days a week right now cutting on 700mg tren ace and about to add in 150mg var daily. im dropping bf faster than i have on DNP with light cardio in the past. steady state, high incline. great calf workout.

Hi,

The studies you're referring to only show why you can burn calories in cardio and not loose the same equivalent in weight. But the body never slows down enough to cancel out the benefits.

As stated 3-4 different cardio type sessions a week can help stay lean, recover, and keep heart healthy.

Cardio on non-lifting days is the way to go for health and staying lean.

Just need to watch you aren't over training and sometimes long walks are as good as cardio.

I do cardio everyday as well. 30min for me.

What kind of cardio do you do Kal?

Is the 75-80% HRmax the best range for a healthier heart and lungs you gents think?

I need to do more. My cardiologist said he wanted me in the 140 HBPM range for my early 40s self? :)

Ive been working up to it, i sit around 130 right now.

I always do 30 minutes five days a week at a moderate intensity all year. Sometimes higher intensity 1 or 2 of those. Great for overall health.

I also lift in more of a pj braun/meadows type of fashion. Many days a week at a fast clip. It adds up to a lot of time at a moderate to higher heart rate while excercising.

I feel gains have been better, my lifting sessions are better, and I'm healthier

I have to admit, I do get a little lazy when it comes to cardio during mass gain phases. With that said, I damn sure feel better when I get in 2-3 days of fasted cardio in the AM.

For those of you that do fasted cardio during mass gain phases, do you hold a fast for any time after that or eat directly after cardio?

I do 33min fasted cardio every morning. Roll out of bed, bathroom, 16oz water with t3/clen empty stomach. Every 10 mins i jump off for 30-45 seconds and down water and jump back on. By the time im done with my 30 min im over half a gallon of water down. Keeps me full and hydrated and not starving throughout the day. Shower, 10 egg whites, 1 cup spinach and head to class.

Your body will adapt to anything.. Therefore change it up; increase it after a while; diet change.. Depends on goals; its health beneficial regardless of adaptation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc