over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

gymtimidation???

buck1973

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Registered
I seen a few threads about Planet fitness tactics

On the radio here they are running commercials
Gymtimidation and or gymtimidate its not allowed here.
We're not a gym we are Planet Fitness

Its very funny to hear but attracting customers???
good luck

I bet you there is more chatting than working out that goes on there. Tons of those move your body to hip hop that does nothing that couldn't be done by doing jumping jacks at home.

The business model seems to be working for them. If a pussified environment is what some people need to get, or stay active, than that's cool. At least they're trying and not clogging up my gym.

With some of the dumb shit/people I see in some commercial gyms I can't say I blame them for wanting to train in an environment devoid of overly loud, and obnoxious ass holes.

Last edited:

good luck

place is a fucking joke. i also got a warning one time at anytime fitness while doing HIIT cardio....apparently my intensity was distracting to other members...:rolleyes:

The business model seems to be working for them. If a pussified environment is what some people need to get, or stay active, than that's cool. At least they're trying and not clogging up my gym.

With some of the dumb shit/people I see in some commercial gyms I can't say I blame them for wanting to train in an environment devoid of overly loud, and obnoxious ass holes.

Exactly. We aren't their target demo so I'm not going to hate on them. They've been successful because there are a lot of people out there who are intimidated by muscular people whether you like/understand it or not.

This is true... it gives people who "want to tone" or "just get healthy" a place to go... it also gives those who are very self conscious a place to workout. In the end, it keeps those people out of more serious commercial gyms, which have enough d-bags and super bitches the way it is....

In my area there are several gold's that you can train at if you choose that level of membership. Two of the Gold's are what one would deem an old-school golds filled with powerlifters, bodybuilders and people that have a clue. The others are more prissy... Although you do have some morons at the hardcore ones, they are minimized by the multiple gyms that have differing qualities... The one we tend to go to has very few personal trainers there. I was talking to the personal training manager and he said that they don't really put a lot of trainers there because everyone knows what they are doing. They choose to come to that Gold's for the serious atmosphere.

place is a fucking joke. i also got a warning one time at anytime fitness while doing HIIT cardio....apparently my intensity was distracting to other members...:rolleyes:

That is awesome lol

This is true... it gives people who "want to tone" or "just get healthy" a place to go... it also gives those who are very self conscious a place to workout. In the end, it keeps those people out of more serious commercial gyms, which have enough d-bags and super bitches the way it is....

In my area there are several gold's that you can train at if you choose that level of membership. Two of the Gold's are what one would deem an old-school golds filled with powerlifters, bodybuilders and people that have a clue. The others are more prissy... Although you do have some morons at the hardcore ones, they are minimized by the multiple gyms that have differing qualities... The one we tend to go to has very few personal trainers there. I was talking to the personal training manager and he said that they don't really put a lot of trainers there because everyone knows what they are doing. They choose to come to that Gold's for the serious atmosphere.

That is awesome lol

what's even crazier is anytime fitness left a voicemail on my phone and I was thinking I got banned but turns out my WIFE got Banned! LOL

I think they are wrong to imply everyone with muscles are dumb. They base there campaign on if your a BB you have a low IQ and you go around intimidating people. They couldn't be more wrong yet this what they advertise to society. I can't believe they've gotten away with that so long. Do that with any other sport, hobby, profession, gender and people would make a big stink.
Screw them and their social club.

what's even crazier is anytime fitness left a voicemail on my phone and I was thinking I got banned but turns out my WIFE got Banned! LOL

Any reasoning? Or just, "we got our panties in a bunch and don't like you, so you're gone."

I saw this commercial today for the first time myself. I've been there once with a buddy, this place is a joke. Their so call lunk is someone who knows what he or she is doing. And besides, most of the people " working out " around me were wearing cut off jeans and flip flops. Not my type of scene.

I tried the gym, price and a tanning bed got me to try it out. After the summer was over I stopped going as it was just not fitting my needs at all..i saw several warning talks along with the light going off for virtually nothing.. If you want a inexpensive gym with good tanning beds go for it, but if your serious about working out this is not the place.

Yea most planet fitness gyms are no judgement zones they call it. No muscle shirts or bodybuilders allowed. No gallons of water on the floor or grunting slamming weights. A siren goes off at the gym I'm at now if any rules are broken.. They call it lunking... For the black card membership its only $20 a month a $38 annual fee and it has to come straight out of your bank account. That's free tanning, massage chairs. hydro massages. You can bring a guest once a day and at some you get free hair cuts. Drinks are half price. I just wear tee shirts and I don't grunt or slam weights. I never was much of a grunter and if I can't pick up the weight I certainly wouldn't life it and drop it on the floor. I hate that anyways when people drop the dumbbells. They bend them all up

I have to agree on the weight slamming...I see that a lot and honestly all it really says is "hey everyone look at me"

good luck

Why wouldn't they attract customers?
Most gyms nowadays are more your average guy/girl than bodybuilders.
And most of these people don't care to see large muscular men at the facility.

The truth is stereotypes originate from truth, and there are many of these neanderthals out there. I don't even want to deal with them, or lift in that environment, and I'm part of this lifestyle.

I notice more times than not, it's not even the real "bodybuilders" acting like this though. It's the recreational juice head, wanting to be the center of attention. Problem is the general public doesn't know the difference.

I'm fortunate enough to train at a real lifters gym. Small, tight group. Come in and act like an ass hole and you won't last long.

I met a guy there before he came to my office for a meeting.(rotflmfao) they where sweating until he come up front and told the guy who was working i wasn't wanting to join:D

I did enjoy the free donuts though:p

Their business model is to sell a shit ton of dirt cheap memberships to people that don't go to the gym. If most people that have a membership to places like Planet Fitness actually went 3 plus days a week - they would never have capacity.

They simply can't afford to have serious people join their gym and actually go 4 days a week for $10 a month. They would need to have GIGANTIC facilities and they would lose their shirt. Therefore - they purposefully have to keep "lunks" out of their gyms because "lunks" actually use the gym.

I hate PF with a passion.

The PF by me was the only gym in the area that was open 24 and with my work schedule, it was the only spot I could train at. Needless to say, after a month of training, I was asked to leave because I was gymtimidating the staff. I say the staff because I trained at 3am alone.
Thank god my tours were changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear