over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Late night cravings

Marvin Martian

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Anybody have suggestions / tips - for dealing with late night food cravings?? Lol.

Not dieting hard just yet but it doesn't really matter whether I am or not... I get so damn hungry at night and I have really hard time sleeping hungry... Some nights it's not terrible but other nights I feel so hungry I could eat the ass end of a menstruating skunk... Any ideas are welcome..
Hitting the rack (tired enough tonight that it's bearable) - but looking forward to my pm brothers advices

Unfortunately i know all to well how dipping takes away your appetitete. Terrible habit to start.
On a healthier note...apples are supposed to curb hunger cravings. Maybe have some apple slices before bed?

Have a whole bunch of water + spinach/broccoli/other veggies until your full before bed. When I diet seriously and cut out all the "non-bodybuilding food" that's one way I get rid of the hunger.

Quest protein bars and/or Camel Mint Snus.

Have you tried to have a bigger meal at night? Maybe trim some earlier meals and make your last meal bigger. I have 6 whole omega 3 eggs, 3 servings of green beans before bed. Quite filling and the high fat content will keep you full.

Are you getting enough efa's? Many times people dieting that are starving at night often don't have near enough fat in their diets.

Last meal of the night for me is typically 2 scoops casein protein with 2 tbsp. coconut oil. That usually keeps me full until the morning. If I wake up hungry in middle of night; a mouthful of chicken breast and some psyllium husk will do the trick.

Throw a bunch of veggies in the blender and drink them

Thanks for all replies.. Gonna try getting more fats - larger meal later (cutting back on earlier meals) and nothuman - I am buying a good juicer soon!!

I generally do broccoli and green beans at night to fill my belly and keep me from eating something I'm not supposed to. You can get several WHALDEN Farms products that are contest approved like CHOC syrup, ketchup, salad dressing etc. That would be a good start.

Thanks for all replies.. Gonna try getting more fats - larger meal later (cutting back on earlier meals) and nothuman - I am buying a good juicer soon!!

I think that will like like I said 6 eggs and 2-3 servings of green beans is a large quality of food but less than 500 calories. The fat content should keep you full if you do some sort of high fat meal.

hey , the last 6 months i was having trouble with cravings and appetite before bed. but without answering questions i dont think i can help you.

how many times a day do u train? # of sets? do you train to failure? how many sets? do you do drop sets or intensity techniques ? how many per workout?
how much cardio a day ? at what hb per minute?
what is your height weight age and bf % (go higher on the % then lower its better)?
what is your current diet total daily macros and meal layout ?
what is your aas currently?

Buy a good blender(vitamix or blend tech) instead ;) Taking out the pulp/fiber isn't going to help keep you satiated.

Also add 5-10g psyllium husk to a shake at night.

Last edited:
I smoke pot on the reg. night cravings and being shredded were hard for awhile.

No matter how much protein I ate I couldn't feel satisfied.

In an effort to just limit the endless eating I started going straight for a small/plain bowl of rice. It works great. Giving your body what it wants works. Just skip the protein along with it.

I can't be the only one that doesn't like the empty feeling a belly full of chicken feels.

Buy a good blender(vitamix or blend tech) instead ;) Taking out the pulp/fiber isn't going to help keep you satiated.

Also add 5-10g psyllium husk to a shake at night.

:yeahthat:

vitamix is awesome! we have one i use it daily if not twice a day

hey , the last 6 months i was having trouble with cravings and appetite before bed. but without answering questions i dont think i can help you.

how many times a day do u train? # of sets? do you train to failure? how many sets? do you do drop sets or intensity techniques ? how many per workout?
how much cardio a day ? at what hb per minute?
what is your height weight age and bf % (go higher on the % then lower its better)?
what is your current diet total daily macros and meal layout ?
what is your aas currently?

Actually it's independant of that man... 42 and regardless of whether I am in full blown contest prep - training and cardio - or taking one of my extended breaks from the gym - lol.. I suffer through it in diet mode but it still sucks...
I do appreciate the help and I wish there was a certain set of circumstances that I could isolate it to... It's not the most important issue people on here need help with by far I know that.. I just don't want to fluctuate as much anymore and would rather stay pretty lean year round now.. I can do it just would like to make it as comfortable as possible
Thanks again guys - really didn't expect this many people trying to help.. Best board by far IMO

Last edited:
Actually it's independant of that man... 42 and regardless of whether I am in full blown contest prep - training and cardio - or taking one of my extended breaks from the gym - lol.. I suffer through it in diet mode but it still sucks...

i dont understand ? you still get cravings when you are not dieting? I asked those questions because they all have different potential reasons for causing cravings at night. Its impossible to solve a problem without knowing the variables. Its like when you call your internet service provider and tell them its not working , how can they fix it without knowing certain information.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner