over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

for everyone who trains themselves

sma

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
what is your current training and cardio routine ? and what are you trying to achieve with it short term?

What kind of details are you looking for?

To be brief,

5 days a week lifting, 7 days a week cardio.

Lifting generally follows Dorian's approach of HIT, and I follow lifting with an easy 15 minutes of cardio. On my non-lifting days, I double the cardio, and generally try to stay semi-active.

My diet is as clean as possible with about a 30% 50% 20% split P/C/F.

I am hoping to compete for my first time in August in physique. I am quite tall, so that is a prohibiting factor for me to compete in bodybuilding.

Im currently following a 6 day a week mountain dog program that i design hitting chest/shoulders and back twice per week. Trying to lean out a bit and still put on a bit of size and bring up some weaker parts. Working nicely

What kind of details are you looking for?

To be brief,

5 days a week lifting, 7 days a week cardio.

Lifting generally follows Dorian's approach of HIT, and I follow lifting with an easy 15 minutes of cardio. On my non-lifting days, I double the cardio, and generally try to stay semi-active.

My diet is as clean as possible with about a 30% 50% 20% split P/C/F.

I am hoping to compete for my first time in August in physique. I am quite tall, so that is a prohibiting factor for me to compete in bodybuilding.

Just curious to see what everyone's doing now a days the more specific you want to be the better as we could better see your thought process on how your training matches your goals. I find most of us only really know what other top amateurs or pros are doing so it would be cool to see what other guys who I know have knowledge about training and bodybuilding are doing .

following the infamous 5x5 a hybrid of it anyways.working badass for me so far.
no cardio,,,lose weight to quickly.powerlfiting for most part but have bbing physique since i started bbing and have the shape in detail...i just like lifting improving my big 3

My training is strongman oriented. If that would be of any interest, I'd be happy to post as much detail as you could possibly stomach. Just let me know. ;)

chest day - basically all machines. I find that I can really focus more on pressing with my chest vs. just lifting the weight + I don't have to rack and rerack any weights. makes for a much faster workout.

shoulders - just seated laterals where you sit perpendicular on a bench so the DB's can't go all the way down - keeps tension on delts at all times. Finish with JM scrape the rack press.

have 1 day for quads, one day for hammies and glutes - hammies and glutes have really grown from all the extra attention.

etc..

Do to injuries and getting older it will be full body 2 x 3 week lighter weight. Kinda like a lighter version DC method with cardio keep the heart healthy.

6 days a week push/pull/legs with workouts taking 45-60 minutes. All work sets taken to failure, moderate volume. 30 minutes of LISS cardio after every workout.

chest day - basically all machines. I find that I can really focus more on pressing with my chest vs. just lifting the weight + I don't have to rack and rerack any weights. makes for a much faster workout.

shoulders - just seated laterals where you sit perpendicular on a bench so the DB's can't go all the way down - keeps tension on delts at all times. Finish with JM scrape the rack press.

have 1 day for quads, one day for hammies and glutes - hammies and glutes have really grown from all the extra attention.

etc..

How much volume are you giving ham / glutes? I like machines on chest too - I train alone so is tough to do otherwise anyway..

lifting 5 days week
cardio=30min x 6 low intensity

M-back(width)
T-quads
W-bis, tris
TH-off
F-back(thickness)
SAT-hams, calves
SUN-off

**if I feel like doing chest, I will do it on an off day.

19 wks out masters +35 Team Universe

Looks weird not to have chest or delts in the split. They are strengths for me. Ive only done touch ups on delts before shows since 2012. And my chest workouts look like a pussy on paper, but I get a great pump, and my shoulders dont ache. And I did take a 2nd and 4th at national shows last yr, so the shoulders must be ok without training them.

lifting 5 days week
cardio=30min x 6 low intensity

M-back(width)
T-quads
W-bis, tris
TH-off
F-back(thickness)
SAT-hams, calves
SUN-off

**if I feel like doing chest, I will do it on an off day.

19 wks out masters +35 Team Universe

Looks weird not to have chest or delts in the split. They are strengths for me. Ive only done touch ups on delts before shows since 2012. And my chest workouts look like a pussy on paper, but I get a great pump, and my shoulders dont ache. And I did take a 2nd and 4th at national shows last yr, so the shoulders must be ok without training them.

must be nice

How much volume are you giving ham / glutes? I like machines on chest too - I train alone so is tough to do otherwise anyway..

hamstrings got 7 working sets, glutes got 8 last workout

3 days per week. Day one chest, traps, day 2 back, day 3 shoulders and legs. I throw in some biceps and calf's most workouts. Triceps once a week. Just on a day I feel like it. Cardio 20 minutes per day non fasted and away from weight training

are you doing glute bridges? what specifically works best for glutes?

keep it under 300 words, your responses slow my internet connection.

4 working sets of 20 on abductor machine

4 working sets of 20 of glute bridges

every other week I do a few light sets of RDL's (2 plates for 8-12 reps)

right no i do my own version of DC training, between 12-15 reps on working set split into three individual sets, usually 8-4-2 reps

1 set of 20 on another motion on the same muscle and then stretch

right now i do: chest/shoulders/tris on one day and legs/back/bis on another day so i hit every body part twice a week

lifting 4 days a week,1 day strictly cardio and abs....however i do hiit a total of 3 days a week and liss type cardio twice a week...trying to shred up a bit but i find the dc also keeps me looking thick

Monday deadlift and 2 row variation's

Tuesday cardio

Wednesday chest and shoulders. Working up to 2 working sets on 2 exercises for each.

Thursday cardio

Friday squats, hacks, extensions, and calfs.

Saturday bis and Tris and cardio.

Sunday off.

The next I change my back day from deads to pull ups and pull down motions.

I've been doing 1bp day . 2 different chest days 1 focusing on width and length. It feels the best so that's why I have been training this way but I truly believe that whatever you focus on and train will grow so thinking of moving to routines that focus on areas I want to bring out like
upper chest /front delt day,
Tris, bis
Side, rear delt, rhomboid, traps, lats
Full chest
Rest

I'm just thinking on the fly but along those lines I have even contemplated

Chest/ delt/ back
Arms
Rest repeat

Using like 3 different exerices each etc to get maximum frequency with mod stimulation

I use some beginner's routines, usually 2-way splits like upper/lower body, push/pull or chest, shoulder, tris/ legs,back,bis.

1 exercise, 3 sets per bodypart, but I've tried high volume and didn't like it.

I vary between mon thru friday, mon/wed/friday and mon/tuesday/thursday/friday. I do brisk walking or jogging on my off days and play sports on the weekends. I also walk to and from the gym, which adds 20 minutes of light cardio per day.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131