over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Diet

Riptide

Newbies
Hi guys looking to improve the diet I'm currently using would like to gain lean muscle and loose body fat.
205lbs
5'10"
20%

M1 12 tbs egg whites 1 cup oatmeal

M2 6oz chicken 1 cup of rice

M3 60 grams whey (post workout)

M4 6oz Cod 2 cups rice

M5 7oz chicken 6oz sweet potato

M6 50 grams whey shake

Hi guys looking to improve the diet I'm currently using would like to gain lean muscle and loose body fat.
205lbs
5'10"
20%

M4 6oz Cod 2 cups rice

M6 50 grams whey shake

Add some healthy fats and some vegetables in there.

I would cut the whey shakes down to 30-40g. Your body isnt going to absorb more than that at 205 lbs and save some money

2nd on the green veggies(with 2-3 meals a day minimum)

add a 7th meal!!! set an alarm and get up in middle of night 3 hrs after your 6th meal and have a protein source(not whey) and a healthy fat. This will get your metabolism revving and will hold on to muscle and keep you anticatabolic and burning fat. Do it EVERY night religiously

add a 7th meal!!! set an alarm and get up in middle of night 3 hrs after your 6th meal and have a protein source(not whey) and a healthy fat. This will get your metabolism revving and will hold on to muscle and keep you anticatabolic and burning fat. Do it EVERY night religiously

That's something i've never done, and this cut i'm going to be starting with a bit more bodyfat than i have before, so it may be time to start doing this.

205lbs
5'10"
20%

M4 6oz Cod 2 cups rice

M6 50 grams whey shake

this diet will have you malnourished faster than many kids starving in Ethiopia.

Let's start with pure body composition. You are a little over 200 pounds with 20% bf so your lean mass is around 155-165 most likely. Your random food choices at random times for random meals isn't going to make a huge difference. It feels like you tried to put a bodybuilding diet together and see what sticks. I applaud the effort I did that too at one point but you have to come up with a diet that has teeth...that has purpose if you really want to change your physique.

let's start with figuring out your total calories. Katch Mccardle is a GREAT start.

Calorie Calculator

Pretty damn accurate and gives you a good base to start from. Plugging in your weight, fat and an activity multiplier of 1.375 and a goal to maintain weight you get...

2,723 calories needed per day.

Next let's figure out your protein requirements. Most say 1 to 1.25 grams per pound of LEAN MASS. Let's just say you go with 1.25 which gets you to 200 grams of protein. So...

200 grams of protein = 800 of your calories. Leaving you with 1,923 left

Next let's figure out your fat. It is VITAL (especially if you are natural) you get enough EFA's. I would NOT go below .3 grams per pound of bodyweight. I'd actually go higher if I were you. Let's say you go with .4 that gives you...

82 grams of fat = 738 calories. Leaving you with 1,185 calories

Now carbs...this is where you can fill in and adjust. You could eat 296 grams of carbs and be within your maintenance calories. OR if you prefer you could add protein and fat and cut carbs more.

Now back to your calories...If I were you I would find true maintenance. If you eat 2,700 or 2,600 and weight is the same then you found maintenance and you can add training and cut calories.

In the end it's actually not that complicated....figure out your calories which katch mccardle gives a good starting point. Then figure out your macros. Eat nutrient dense foods which your diet basically has none.

For someone like you sort of starting out at 205 pounds and 20% bodyfat I woudln't get caught up in all kinds of gimmicky advanced bodybuilding fairytales that some of us follow Get your diet right and be consistent. I'm not big on IIFYM the way many brahs advertise it because I think it gets you obsessed with fitting in oreos to your diet.

That said hit your calories and macros it is NOT going to matter if you each 7 meals a day or 5 or if you eat chicken for your second meal instead of ground turkey breast. Getting nutrient dense foods and hit your food numbers for the day. 90 days of doing that you will see rapid changes.

For someone like you sort of starting out at 205 pounds and 20% bodyfat I woudln't get caught up in all kinds of gimmicky advanced bodybuilding fairytales that some of us follow Get your diet right and be consistent. I'm not big on IIFYM the way many brahs advertise it because I think it gets you obsessed with fitting in oreos to your diet.

That said hit your calories and macros it is NOT going to matter if you each 7 meals a day or 5 or if you eat chicken for your second meal instead of ground turkey breast. Getting nutrient dense foods and hit your food numbers for the day. 90 days of doing that you will see rapid changes.

Great advice, listen to this OP. Your body can only utilize x amount of protein and eating more meals to stoke the metabolic fire belong to the 1960s.

Thanks guys. I forgot two of the meals have broccoli and one if them have a salad.

Thank you.
What would cause it to be a malnourished diet? It's meets the carbs protein and calories. Maybe the fat??

this diet will have you malnourished faster than many kids starving in Ethiopia.

Let's start with pure body composition. You are a little over 200 pounds with 20% bf so your lean mass is around 155-165 most likely. Your random food choices at random times for random meals isn't going to make a huge difference. It feels like you tried to put a bodybuilding diet together and see what sticks. I applaud the effort I did that too at one point but you have to come up with a diet that has teeth...that has purpose if you really want to change your physique.

let's start with figuring out your total calories. Katch Mccardle is a GREAT start.

Calorie Calculator

Pretty damn accurate and gives you a good base to start from. Plugging in your weight, fat and an activity multiplier of 1.375 and a goal to maintain weight you get...

2,723 calories needed per day.

Next let's figure out your protein requirements. Most say 1 to 1.25 grams per pound of LEAN MASS. Let's just say you go with 1.25 which gets you to 200 grams of protein. So...

200 grams of protein = 800 of your calories. Leaving you with 1,923 left

Next let's figure out your fat. It is VITAL (especially if you are natural) you get enough EFA's. I would NOT go below .3 grams per pound of bodyweight. I'd actually go higher if I were you. Let's say you go with .4 that gives you...

82 grams of fat = 738 calories. Leaving you with 1,185 calories

Now carbs...this is where you can fill in and adjust. You could eat 296 grams of carbs and be within your maintenance calories. OR if you prefer you could add protein and fat and cut carbs more.

Now back to your calories...If I were you I would find true maintenance. If you eat 2,700 or 2,600 and weight is the same then you found maintenance and you can add training and cut calories.

In the end it's actually not that complicated....figure out your calories which katch mccardle gives a good starting point. Then figure out your macros. Eat nutrient dense foods which your diet basically has none.

Thank you.
What would cause it to be a malnourished diet? It's meets the carbs protein and calories. Maybe the fat??

You certainly need more fat just for overall health. But beyond that there is a major lack of micronutrients. No greens no fruit, etc

You certainly need more fat just for overall health. But beyond that there is a major lack of micronutrients. No greens no fruit, etc

So healthy fats do not increase body fat loss and weight loss??

I would cut the whey shakes down to 30-40g. Your body isnt going to absorb more than that at 205 lbs and save some money

2nd on the green veggies(with 2-3 meals a day minimum)

I don't understand how can your body not absorb more than 30-40g of whey

I don't understand how can your body not absorb more than 30-40g of whey

There is no evidence of exactly how much you can absorb at once

There is evidence of how much is effective total per day and there isn't any good evidence that more than 1gram per pound of body weight

There is also evidence that it is beneficial to space out your optimum protein dosage throughout the day so that your muscles are constantly given nutrients

You don't need much protein and a 220lbs male only needs about 35 grams of protein per meal 6 meals a day.

More protein your just wasting your money in my opinion

Personally I perform just as good on 400 grams of protein and around 200 per day and have a nicer wallet :)

Www.facebook.com/kbrownfitness

Appreciate the help! How does this look?

M2 6oz chicken 1 cup of rice 1cup broccoli

M4 6oz Cod 2 cups rice 1 cup broccoli

M5 7oz chicken 6oz sweet potato salad

M6 50 grams whey shake

Appreciate the help! How does this look?

M2 6oz chicken 1 cup of rice 1cup broccoli

M4 6oz Cod 2 cups rice 1 cup broccoli

M5 7oz chicken 6oz sweet potato salad

M6 50 grams whey shake

Change your meal 6 to slower digesting proteins and add fat if you can to further slow the digestive process
Maybe casein
I personally just do 1 cup of cottage cheese before bed

Also see if you can incorporate carbs into your post workout shake to get that insulin spike and replenish glycogen

Change your meal 6 to slower digesting proteins and add fat if you can to further slow the digestive process
Maybe casein
I personally just do 1 cup of cottage cheese before bed

Also see if you can incorporate carbs into your post workout shake to get that insulin spike and replenish glycogen

Why are you advertising your personal training here? Are you a paid sponsor? If not, I would remove it before you get banned here.

Why are you advertising your personal training here? Are you a paid sponsor? If not, I would remove it before you get banned here.

Been through this with the MODs already thanks for the advice

Umm I am not advertising any personal training nor am I selling anything

I also just gave advice on his meal 6 and slower digesting proteins if that is a problem a mod can pm me

If you check the sponsors list you will see I am a sponsored athlete of a sponsor here and being that I am not an anonymous athlete you can freely look me up on FB and nothing is being sold nor will anything ever be sold through that
It is unreal how friendly this community is :)

Thanks

Last edited:
So healthy fats do not increase body fat loss and weight loss??

Healthy fats certainly do not do this
They are needed to an extent but fats are best thought of as a buffer (once you reach your minimum fat requirements).

For example
Protein: pretty much set based on bodyweight no need to fluctuate
Carbs: trigger the biggest hormonal response and quantities can fluctuate based on training volume and of course getting peaked for the stage
Fats are a great buffer due to caloric density to make up your maintenance Calories once you've gotten your needed carbs and proteins

Carbs are what's essentially gonna play the biggest role in fat storage

Last edited:
They are needed to an extent but fats are best thought of as a buffer (once you reach your minimum fat requirements).

For example
Carbs: trigger the biggest hormonal response and quantities can fluctuate based on training volume and of course getting peaked for the stage
Fats are a great buffer due to caloric density to make up your maintenance Calories once you've gotten your needed carbs and proteins

Yes and the general population doesn't know that. They eat no fats and all carbs, and little protein thinking they are going to lose weight and the opposite happens.

Yes and the general population doesn't know that. They eat no fats and all carbs, and little protein thinking they are going to lose weight and the opposite happens.

Agreed, speaking of diet fads I usually think most high profile documentaries flop but have you seen "Fed Up" ?
Great documentary and very insightful on the role of Carbohydrates and the fat epidemic.

For example

But if your varying your carbs your protein changes aswell unless you are adding oz's of protein to make the difference. Do you only count animal sources ? I'm assuming you count all sources

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner