26 chocolate products containing lead and cadmium

Stewie

Featured Member / Verified Customer
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Last edited:
The things that are allowed in our food supply at the expense of our health is something I can't even comprehend. With all the crap in our food it amazes me that the average lifespan keeps getting older.

The things that are allowed in our food supply at the expense of our health is something I can't even comprehend. With all the crap in our food it amazes me that the average lifespan keeps getting older.

Remember that the generation now approaching that lifespan were born in an era where they didn't eat processed crap i.e. 1930's - 1940's.

When its the generation of those born in the 1970's onwards is when we will start to see what the consequences of all this are regarding life span etc.

Geeze well thats kind of scary, I wonder if those are the only ones that should be avoided.

Et tu, Trader Joe's? :eek:

Can't say I'm surprised by the fact that there was lead found in chocolate, but I am honestly surprised by some of the brands and products.

Remember that the generation now approaching that lifespan were born in an era where they didn't eat processed crap i.e. 1930's - 1940's.

When its the generation of those born in the 1970's onwards is when we will start to see what the consequences of all this are regarding life span etc.

I was not allowed to eat artificial colors, flavors, preservatives, and most processed food was kept to a minimum, never had candy, fast food, etc. I can't be sure, but it seemed to give me a huge health advantage over other kids.

I was not allowed to eat artificial colors, flavors, preservatives, and most processed food was kept to a minimum, never had candy, fast food, etc. I can't be sure, but it seemed to give me a huge health advantage over other kids.

I've been doing more and more of this lately. I just posted a thread titled Food INC not to long ago talking the consequences of food. I myself lately have only been buying things from farms in my area and venison from hunting and only eating greens from a garden a pick from. It's crazy the amount of shit you'll find in products and I'm even starting to think that the whole "organic" industry is starting to cut corners on health. It's all about the money these days. Seriously though I urge you guys if you can to try and find someone who is raising a cow and get half a cow for the year or something (not as expensive as you'd think) or even pick up hunting.

This is going slightly O/T but when you do some research and look into monsanto and other companies and the way in which cheap foods are produced knowingly with harmful chemicals and processes, some of which they simply don't have the data or longevity to support them it gets a little worrying.

If you try to research this sort of thing it almost always leads you to videos talking about this and then agenda 21 and de popularization etc and before you know it the worlds going to end. But I do question sometimes the motives behind all this and how these companies are allowed to get away with some of the shit they pump into our food.

But then again a lot of the chemical companies and food companies are linked to the pharmaceutical industry, and they like people when they're sick. :(

Last edited:
It likely did. I refuse to eat anything with artificial colors these days, that stuff is pure garbage. And if anything, being raised on unprocessed foods makes for excellent habits later in life.

Sorry to be contrary but, we are exposed to less lead than ever now. Our parents and grandparents breathed more lead paint dust in one home remodel than we will in a lifetime of eating chocolate. Not to mention the atmospheric lead from leaded gasoline. The sky is not falling, we will outlive our grandparents and our children will outlive us. The media need alarming things to write about.

**broken link removed**

So Reese's peanut butter cups and snickers are g2g?

Yes so eat as much as you want you will be fine :D

I have some 85% cocoa by Mosher Roth in front of me but it's not on the list... I will take my chances!

Both the article you posted and your post itself are purely political rather than scientific.

Sorry to be contrary but, we are exposed to less lead than ever now. Our parents and grandparents breathed more lead paint dust in one home remodel than we will in a lifetime of eating chocolate. Not to mention the atmospheric lead from leaded gasoline. The sky is not falling, we will outlive our grandparents and our children will outlive us. The media need alarming things to write about.

**broken link removed**

I would think people are living longer also because of medical discoveries. I know that's true with my family members.

I would think people are living longer also because of medical discoveries. I know that's true with my family members.

But don't forget there are a lot of 'discoveries' that have been well known about for many decades that remain unused and unknown by most of the population.
Medical industry likes to treat not cure - more profitable.

But don't forget there are a lot of 'discoveries' that have been well known about for many decades that remain unused and unknown by most of the population.
Medical industry likes to treat not cure - more profitable.

Oh I believe that too.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave