over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Eating your oatmeal raw....everyone should

Vanilla-Gorilla

Registered
I was reading the post about mixing protein powder into oatmeal and posted this in that thread. I want to post what I wrote in that thread here as well in case someone misses it. I feel this will be the cure for those of you out there that can't stand oatmeal.

Here it is:

I have been doing this for 2 years now. I feel the same way I do when I eat cooked oatmeal. I can feel my energy from it. I have great workouts and pumps. It doesn't bother me one bit.

Think about it for a minute. Look at a oat. Take the top off of your Quaker oats and pick one flake out. Go ahead stick it in your mouth. Chew it.

What happens? Nothing. It actually taste just like it does when its cooked in a bowl of water. But your salivia mixes with it making it moist. Sorta like you when you eat it warm from a bowl.

Hear me out here. There is nothing wrong with eating raw oats. The reason why you eat them in a bowl of warm water or milk is for taste only. Imagine Quaker Oats telling you to eat this shit by the handfuls. How much would sells decrease. No, fuck sales. Where would they be today if they would have marketed raw oats in the past. No where. Of course they tell you to mix it with water or milk. Add in sugar, honey, blah, blah, blah. Are you starting to get my point? The only reason this stuff is recommended to by eaten that way is for sales only.

There would be nothing wrong with eating a handful of oats by themselves. Your mouth would just dry out. But by mixing them raw in a protein shake you have the dryness issue eliminated. Do you guys get what I am saying.

I mean this shit ain't raw meat here. Its freakin' natural oats. Don't be afraid to eat it raw.

Lets say I still can't sell you on it, then will you at least do this for me, this is only if I can't sell you on drinking your raw oats. Basically this is to make you feel better.

Take out your blender. Then measure out the following:

2 cups of water or skim milk
2-3 scoops of protein powder
1/2-2cups of oatmeal (however much you need, I use 1/2 cup mostly, but 1 cup works great, honestly, never used 2 cups, but it would work)
Optional* 1-2 tbsp of natural peanut butter. (this here once again is strictly your choice here. I find that if you do use it, it helps things to "cling" together better)

Ok now blend for 30 seconds.

I like to get the oats to a fine powder consistency. Although if in a hurry I will blast it for 5 secs. Drinking the whole oat flakes doesn't bother me. I just have to swirl the cup a lot more.

Making and drinking this shake takes no more than 2-3 minutes. Talk about fast food. McDonalds can't top that.

But............if you are scared, then do everything as above and heat the protein shake up in a microwave proof cup for 30-45 seconds. This step is not needed, but for those of you looking for a peace of mind this is the answer.

It is much quicker than sitting down to a bowl of oats every morning at the table.

Trust me, you will thank me here.

Now Vanders Apple juice tuna shakes, ok that is a different story. But drinking raw oats and protein powder with water is nothing.

I hope I have convinced.

Peace,
VG

I am the kind of person that can eat chicken, turkey, fish, 93% lean ground beef, flank steak, pork tenderloin, etc etc.... you know the drill. I can eat these types of lean protein all day long with no problem. The one thing you noticed missing from the list was eggs. That is right....a fucking egg. No. The only way I can eat eggs is if they are whole and scrambled in a lot of butter and kosher salt. Then loaded down with cheese. Of course we as bodybuilders can't do shit like that.

Every bodybuilding diet in the country starts with:

12 egg whites and 2-3 yolks
1 cup of oatmeal
banana.

Well, not every bodybuilding diet in the country starts with that, but you get the point. Not only can't I tolerate eggs for breakfast, but jeez, plain oatmeal cooked in water is a serious problem to. Sure, I have no problem with all potatoes, rice, grits, pasta, bread, and that type of bullshit. Just don't give me cooked oats. Unless they are flavored. Now that is a different story. But us bodybuilders can't eat that type of shit, right? Or at certain times any way. Flavored oats has its place, but that is another topic. We are on teh topic of plain oats now.

But oatmeal has so many health benefits its best to stick with it. That is why I make it stay in my diet. Of cousre you read why up top. I am just giving you a reason of why I came up with this plan.

So if your like me and can't simply eat a dozen egg whites with a cup of oatmeal for breakfast, well then now you know what to do. This is something I struggled with for years. I had the mindset of gagging this shit down for a couple of years. I did this because it was told throughout every nutrition article throughout every bodybuilding magazine at the time. I wanted to better myself to the extreme. So I suffered eating this crap. But eventually I learned that it is not the foods you eat per se, but just manipulate the nutrients and calories. Which of course is what I did.

I started cooking my oats according to directions. Then I mixed in my powder. It clumped up like crazy. So then common sense told me to add in 1/2 cup to 1 cup more water to balance out the protein powder. So I cooked the oatmeal, then when it was done I added in the powder. It tasted really weird. Sort of......powdery...well, i guess that would explain it huh? Ok then that is I decided to just blend it and eat the shit raw. And that is what this whole article is about.

If I left anything out, please feel free to ask.

Benefits for doing this:

No cooking eggs
No cooking oatmeal
No siting down at the breakfast table for 10minutes eating
No 10 minutes prepping cooking
If your on the go and have no time to waste
easy clean up
no cracking no eggs and separating for breakfast

ok, you get the point. I could go on and on, but you see the convinence factor here, right? lol. ok

Let me know if you have any questions. But more importantly, I want to hear your reviews and thoughts on this.

Peace,
VG

I like your ideas Vanilla and I agree. I love raw oats in my shakes, but every once in a while when I blend the oats together with my shake in the blender I will get bloated from it, but not all the time. So I suggest not to blend the oats for too long.

The way around this for me was to blend the protein powder with water or milk, your choice, and some natty peanut butter. Then once thats all blended I pour it into a cup and then add in the raw oats and shake it up in the shaker cup and let it sit for a minute or two. This will let the oats soak a little bit and I never get thet bloat issues doing it this way ever. I may have to swirl the shake a little bit to get the oats mixed once again but thats not a big deal.

Hey VG,,, what do you live behind a rock or something? :p

Sounds good....

Oatmeal is like eating Metamucil for me, it runs right through me. However, I have been eating it for 39 years and love the stuff. I think the benefits of the carb and fiber is great for individuals who are into any type of activity that taxes the body. It also removes cholesterol which I think is the greatest benefit. Definitely a hell of lot better than downing a dozen of eggs every morning.

I been eating porridge oats for years now and its not funny. If you eat it WITHOUT MILK, its the most horrible tasting thing. :eek: Add a cup or more of warm full fat of skimmed milk to it and eat!! Its as simple as that. Then add a scoop of your fav protein pwoder ( I use choc Optimum Whey) and chopped bananas and some raisins.
If you must use your egg whites to it, try cooking them partially in the micro, then add to your cooked oats. Add grated nutmet or dash of Angostura ( bitters if you got) to cut the egg scent.

Eating oats may not be as jolly as half box of cereal and milk ( save for your cheat meal or carb replenishment) but its the best out there IMO! :)

BULKING_N

Great POST VG and advice.
I eat me oatmeal raw all da damn time sometimes ..nobody *gag* now, my third post WO meal will sometimes be pasturerized egg whites and raw oat meal spooned and eaten like a ceral and then washed down with some more protein in liquid form if I feel the need for it.

actually massive for my 2nd meal today I had: 7oz turkey, 1cup egg whites with instant oats like you said. I happen to shake mine in my shaker and just go that way with it. The pasturerized egg whites can go well with anything.

interesting, but i enjoy every bite of my oatmeal,,, it pains me to drink carbs when i can eat them,, i guess im just a glutton

Hey, you guys should try eating mulch and cowshit blended . huh? what?

hahahahahahahha!

:p :D

moose said:
Hey, you guys should try eating mulch and cowshit blended . huh? what?

hahahahahahahha!

:p :D

Will it add mass?

I eat my oats cooked in the AM and also raw in the shakes I blend and drink at work. I get lots of questions as to why I keep a container of oats under my desk.

Tried it in my shake today, and it was great. I am gonna need more! Thanks guy's.

raw oats

VG I do this all the time, try it with a handful of blueberries in the shake that is my fav or strawberries but the blueberries are better for you

Ol' Skool...

BigBoyJ said:
Will it add mass?
Bro you have to be from the ol' skool with that question. Back in the days, some of Weider crap tasted just like mulch and cow sh##, but if we thought it would put on mass, we ate. :eek:

I like to take 2/3-3/4 cup of Bob's Red Mill Steel Cut Oats and run it through a coffee grinder. I then throw that in a blender with one banana, one cup of egg whites, and some frozen blueberries. This goes down in a matter of minutes. Chewing that much cooked oatmeal takes me 15-20 minutes and I'm miserable the whole time doing it.

Bro you have to be from the ol' skool with that question. Back in the days, some of Weider crap tasted just like mulch and cow sh##, but if we thought it would put on mass, we ate. :eek:

Mega Mass 3000, ftw!

I’d rather eat 10oz fresh pineapple and have a shake with a little psyllium husk that eat a cup of oats prepared an way.

Oats just don’t digest well for me whether boiled steelcut , cooked instant or fine ground

I’d rather eat 10oz fresh pineapple and have a shake with a little psyllium husk that eat a cup of oats prepared an way.

Oats just don’t digest well for me whether boiled steelcut , cooked instant or fine ground

Have you ever tried digestive enzymes? I had similar issues, but noticed a definite improvement by taking Now Super Enzymes. I take two a day; one before that shake I outlined. I also have a serving of Metamucil before bed. Metamucil is probably my favourite supplement that I take :D

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member