over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Modafinil stims

animal71

Banned
Hey everyone. Wanted to talk about Modafinil today, who here uses it as a med for concentration and how is using it to train better? Modafinil really messed up sleep for me the few times I used it, but if used before 3pm it was fine. Your take?

not a drug to mess with unless you absolutely need it.

a lot of fighter pilots and cops use this stuff to stay awake

I use it for lethargy. It also works great as appetite suppressant and preworkout aid. I have to force feed myself on the days I take moda. When used for lifting it'll make my workout a breeze. You won't want to leave the gym on this stuff. As long as I'm consistent with my dosing it won't affect my sleep too much. The half life is around 12-16hours I think.

I've been taking provigil for years, on and off, great stuff. My only known side effect, is headaches if I take it to many days in a row. I have 200's, usually take 1/2 tab, at a time. Helps a bit with training motivation, no sleep issues if taken at appropriate time.

Last edited:
Love it, don't take it longer than 14 days max and infrequently.

I really liked both nuvigil and provigil. I tried to sub it for adderall.
Worked great other than dull headache.
Known as the unfair advantage in college finals etc.
I've used adderall for years . still at the same dose I started at and some days half.I am one of the few people I know that needs that med for normal function. IE I can take 30mgs adderall and still eat like a champ or take a nap.
Addy is not something to play with if not needed . Would have love to switch
to pro or nuvigil. I think it would be easier on the body....
Thanks, T......

Love it, don't take it longer than 14 days max and infrequently.

14days? That's the prescription recommendation for Desoxyn/methamphetamine!
Seriously, though, I have been under the impression that Modafinil was safe for long term use. I'm no expert on it, and I've never tried it, but I am curious and considering getting a scrip of it. It'd fairly easy to get from a doc.
Why the short duration? Just for maximum tolerance/effectiveness, or is there a health-safety issue?

14days? That's the prescription recommendation for Desoxyn/methamphetamine!
Seriously, though, I have been under the impression that Modafinil was safe for long term use. I'm no expert on it, and I've never tried it, but I am curious and considering getting a scrip of it. It'd fairly easy to get from a doc.
Why the short duration? Just for maximum tolerance/effectiveness, or is there a health-safety issue?

for me tolerance builds fast. I use when I have special projects or meetings.

How come Captain Androgen hasn't posted yet in this thread?

Personally it makes me feel extremely introverted, does not reduce fatigue but disrupts sleep quality. Many people like it but it simply is not for me. The last thing I want to do is train when I take it.

Never used the stuff, but it hear it works very well. I really don't use anything other than caffeine anymore from my coffee. Back in the day I used a lot of DMAA which was pretty awesome, but since then I've laid off of the stims a bunch

Personally only used the prodrug Adrafinil which your body converts at either 30 or 50% but claimed really hard on liver so not to use for long periods. Worked like a champ on extended sleep deprived stretches. I've done shift work in past and can pull a 28-30hr day if need be on occasion but had a period where those days were too frequent for my liking and got turned on to the Adrafinil which got me over the humps.

I Have known a handful of others who work in healthcare and shift work to use since Mod is extremely easy to get in their field, it isn't screened for like coke or meth (although most did coke recreationally and had enough days off between shift rotation to clear system anyway), and keeps them focused for their 12-16 hr shift.... definitely will agree with not using long term or frequently depending on your circumstances.. one can build tolerance or dependence or have serious effects on underlying issues... I knew a guy where it caused worsening issues with his PTSD that he otherwise had fairly under control and once kicked the Mod was able to get his shit back together...

it was claimed to be the mental wonder drug of mankind though with a piece done on a news show like dateline etc where they interviewed some well educated well established business man in his late middle age who used daily, only slept 3-5 hr a day and ran his businesses and affairs like a champ for a handful of years ever since Mod hit the market and he got his hands on it. He claimed he was regularly monitored by his doc, maintained clean bill of health and couldn't feel better... I recall the guy did say taper his doses though going from 50mg/day up to 150mg/day at different intervals to prevent tolerance or other issues..

Last edited:
My doc prescribed it for me years to help with lethargy from my sleep apnea, I didn't care for the way I felt on it.

possible to order this stuff online?my doc prescribes me Adderall but always wanted to try modafinil after reading that article that was referenced above. my damn insurance won't cover it for adhd tho. Does anyone else have experience with adrifinil? -spelling might be off but starts with an A

i never used this stuff to be honest.I understand the purpose, but how does it compare effectivness wise to addrell? for those that have used both?

Does it do anything different from ephedrine? Here i see some benefits are focus, energy, appetite suppression. I realize they're both in the same class of drugs. Wondering how these 2 compare though as I've had great results with the former.

Does it do anything different from ephedrine? Here i see some benefits are focus, energy, appetite suppression. I realize they're both in the same class of drugs. Wondering how these 2 compare though as I've had great results with the former.

It is totally different than Ephedrine because Modafinil isn't Adrenergic, and it shouldn't really increase your heart rate. They're not in the same class of drugs, but they're being used for some of the same applications, where Modafinil is considered a safer replacement for Amphetamine.
Modafinil is a novel compound because it selectively taps into your brain's awafefulness-circuitry. There is a peptide, called Orexin-A, that also does this. I like Orexin-A but haven't used it in awhile.

It is totally different than Ephedrine because Modafinil isn't Adrenergic, and it shouldn't really increase your heart rate. They're not in the same class of drugs, but they're being used for some of the same applications, where Modafinil is considered a safer replacement for Amphetamine.
Modafinil is a novel compound because it selectively taps into your brain's awafefulness-circuitry. There is a peptide, called Orexin-A, that also does this. I like Orexin-A but haven't used it in awhile.

thanks for the reply. I learned something new today

Only take it the morning of big meetings and it definitely helps with concentration for me.

Take it before noon if you want to sleep that night.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws