advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Does regular society and pop culture get you upset?

gshoty

Registered
I'm young, in my 20s, but Ive gotten a lot of insight about life through some tough stretches (being obese at 10 and loosing 100lbs by 11-12, cancer, drug addiction at age 14-16, getting kicked out of high school, becoming a great student latter on, ptsd,training to compete, working hard odd jobs while going for degrees, etc etc) These experiences were extremely painful and I know some can relate to some of these situations. I learned a lot about life and people and myself through these situations. I look at myself and how far I've come, all the sacrifices I've made and make all the time, all my discipline and my accomplishments. I value hard work above everything else along with loyalty and respesct. I look around and everything disgusts me. It could be depressing at some points but not to me anymore. I see people getting high and drunk all the time. That and the media is so saturated with these things and sexual content in the worst taste possible, jokes etc aren't even funny. I love fucking, but most music videos and songs are all about ass and the club, its mind numbing. Everything seems to revolve around these things along with laziness and fast fame mentality. Tv shows have only gotten worse and are getting worse every year so are video games etc. the same things that i found interesting and exciting when I was younger just disgusts me. And it seems like everyone has their poison. For example, someone may not be a heavy drinker or go out and party but they stay home 6hrs a day playing xbox eating pizza. And the older folk who can't stand rap music and drug culture but love shows like "16 and Pregnant" etc.

Everything outside training, and eating good (no matter what sport its geared towards) is really unhealthy. Even if your using PEDs etc if used reasonably, it can enhance your life and will never be as harmful as smoking, alcohol, fast food, or leading sedentary lifestyle etc.

Does anyone feel like this?

Last edited:
Hey man, don't get so wrapped up in the fact that others are different than you, have different outlooks or passions or the lack thereof. To each their own. Be into whatever you want and allow that others will be/do the same. IOW, instead of ruminating on what you don't like, your energy would be better spent on things you do. But don't knock others for not thinking, being, liking exactly like you.

I get unreasonably upset that people stare at their phones all day!!!

Glad you mentioned this! This is another thing that drives me crazy. All social gatherings or spare time is spent online or on the phone.

I'm young, in my 20s, but Ive gotten a lot of insight about life through some tough stretches (being obese at 10 and loosing 100lbs by 11-12, cancer, drug addiction at age 14-16, getting kicked out of high school, becoming a great student latter on, ptsd,training to compete, working hard odd jobs while going for degrees, etc etc) These experiences were extremely painful and I know some can relate to some of these situations. I learned a lot about life and people and myself through these situations. I look at myself and how far I've come, all the sacrifices I've made and make all the time, all my discipline and my accomplishments. I value hard work above everything else along with loyalty and respesct. I look around and everything disgusts me. It could be depressing at some points but not to me anymore. I see people getting high and drunk all the time. That and the media is so saturated with these things and sexual content in the worst taste possible, jokes etc aren't even funny. I love fucking, but most music videos and songs are all about ass and the club, its mind numbing. Everything seems to revolve around these things along with laziness and fast fame mentality. Tv shows have only gotten worse and are getting worse every year so are video games etc. the same things that i found interesting and exciting when I was younger just disgusts me. And it seems like everyone has their poison. For example, someone may not be a heavy drinker or go out and party but they stay home 6hrs a day playing xbox eating pizza. And the older folk who can't stand rap music and drug culture but love shows like "16 and Pregnant" etc.

Everything outside training, and eating good (no matter what sport its geared towards) is really unhealthy. Even if your using PEDs etc if used reasonably, it can enhance your life and will never be as harmful as smoking, alcohol, fast food, or leading sedentary lifestyle etc.

Yeah man it's part of growing up I'd say. At your age most of us want to change the world.
After years of schooling and being taught to fit in and listen to the man, you enter the workplace and realize your soul has only started to be crushed.

Much of society is worthless to you, but there are others out there that share your views and values. That's what's great about the internet is that it allows us to find others.

The first point I'd say is stop worrying about everyong else. Everyone has a right to do whatever it is they want to do, so long as it doesn't hurt others. Getting hung up on the negatives will only hurt you, look for the positives, find the good and then embrace it.

The world is what you make it, so make the most of it.

I hate that some people think big rims look good on any piece of shit. I also hate people that think anything covered in camo is automatically awesome.

I find most people to be superficial, shallow,cattle that follow the herd. I get unreasonably upset that the spoken word counts for shit, in the world I came to be a man in if you said you were going to do something(no matter what it is) it better get done, if not you lost all respect and would be considered a lame, not worthy to hang with the solid brothers.

I dont let it bother me too much though, having low expectations of others means I dont get dissappointed or let down.

Kids can't even have a normal conversation face to face! They gotta do it on their phone. If your in a crowd sometime just look around everybody is on their phone.

Glad you mentioned this! This is another thing that drives me crazy. All social gatherings or spare time is spent online or on the phone.

go to any bar and there will be 4 tops with 4 people all on their phone instead of interacting.

I love the internet, computers...but once I leave work - fuck that I'm going to enjoy my life. I don't care what the latest vine is when I'm out with my friends!

I wouldn't say it makes me upset, but one thing I scratch my head about is all this stupid bullshit that is on TV these days. I can't believe that shit is actually put on and that people watch it.....but hey, to each their own.

The cell phones bug me too. It seems the manner of interacting and having a conversation face to face with another person is dying.

sometimes I guess , maybe when more stressed than usual like cutting hard, hungry etc

Getting laid should fix most of your problems

I love the diversity, I love the bullshit, the unrest. .... and I love the sheeple, they make people like us who we are. You are no sheep my friend, in my early 20's I could have never grasped this, but maybe you can. Focus on your own goals with the intense determination you've developed. Noticing the negatives in life will prevent your best success, your goals are too important to pay the bullshit any mind.

If you want real music these days, you gotta go old school. For me it's AC/DC for getting shit done and the stones for Friday cocktails.

Good luck brother ;)

To answer the question, YES. I am so tired of the idots that are everywhere, people blasting rap with their kids in the car and I am tired of rap. Bitches, violence, drugs, get money, uh...what..uh. NWA did that in the fucking 80s. Try something new!! About a decade ago I was at work and had to interview a guy and he comes in wih sagging pants. I made it real short and threw his application in the trash. There is a bitch that lives next door to us that parties with her mother and son there, rap blasting. She smokes pot and is loud and rude. She stole my fiances liscense plate off her car, threw food all over the front door and her dogs shit because my fiance complained to the leasing company. These low lifes have zero respect for anyone who does not rap. I had a conversation last week with a teenager about her use of Ebonics. You been in this country your entire fucking life and you don't know English yet?? Are you fucking serious. And what ever happened to a man being worth his word?

Last edited:
How about all those assholes (black and white) that wear their pants just below their ass? Yes i agree that society is degrading more and more. It makes me miss the more simple times before tech and junk culture took over.

I no longer have a cell phone, and my life is much better for it.

I have a cell phone but use it less in a month than most do in a day. I live a few hours from my family and friends so I do like to make a few calls PER WEEK. That being said I returned to school not too long ago and am in my thirties. I am blown away by the complete lack of respect kids show the professors by using there cell phones during the entire class. Some are so brazen they even have the damn thing on top of their desk.

I talked with one of these kids once and he complained how the professor could not teach. I said do you use your phone the whole period. He looked at me with a dumb look and said well ya. Well no shit he can't teach you your not mentally their!!!! I want to smash these morons phones through their throats. What the hell is so pressing at 9:15AM Tuesday morning that requires you to text. The answer is NOTHING!!!!

I also am of the opinion that kids always find a way to live their life in a manner that appears moronic and irritating to those their senor. This just happens to be the most recent incarnation.:banghead:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity