over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Phil Hernon facebook post

nothuman

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Here is an interesting thing he posted. I think it's worth discussing.

"Lets put all the cards on the table here.........no bullshit. The HARDER and GRAINIER a guy is...........the MORE DRUGS he takes. Do we reward HARD AND GRAINY? We reward drug use IF we do..........just sayin"

Thoughts?

My thoughts are this is not true to lighter weight divisions. I know natural guys who get super hard an grainy naturally through diet and watching sodium water intake precontest. Heavyweight pro's maybe, but some people really know how to manipulate diet.

Being extremely lean is something - a state that can be attained with diet and suffering alone - but "hard and grainy" is actually something else, definitely not a matter of very low bf only... Phil is right.

I was hard and grainy in my first win in 1986 with under 1000 MG total. No stimulants were used. Simple cycles back then. So, no he is not right about that. Lots to do with metabolisms too. I almost starve to look like that too. I went from 240 down to 211. With that concept, we can say the bigger you are, the more drugs you take.

It's definitely part of the equation.

I mean for what he's talking about IFBB bodybuilding I mean you're rewarding drug use no matter what or who the guy is (being real here)... Kind of a contradiction if you ask me

I mean for what he's talking about IFBB bodybuilding I mean you're rewarding drug use no matter what or who the guy is (being real here)... Kind of a contradiction if you ask me

Gotta agree with this

"Lets put all the cards on the table here.........no bullshit. The HARDER and GRAINIER a guy is...........the MORE DRUGS he takes. Do we reward HARD AND GRAINY? We reward drug use IF we do..........just sayin"

Thoughts?

I think its an assumption and not entirely true and like someone else mentioned a true contradiction when it comes to our sport.

Agree somewhat but to look good you have to train insane and diet to a T . Can't discredit guys that use crazy doses because we all know they put the time in and are beyond dedicated

Well, I don't even think there should be a discussion about this, we all know Phil is right.
Blessings. Minister.

Not necessarily more drugs, just the right drugs.

edit: and right drugs won't mean grainy and hard unless everything else is in line too

I have never been hard and grainy without AAS.
and as Shelby said, the RIGHT aas helps a ton even in smaller than usual doses if things are all right.
-JS

Being extremely lean is something - a state that can be attained with diet and suffering alone - but "hard and grainy" is actually something else, definitely not a matter of very low bf only... Phil is right.

x2 and with Shelby's post. It doesn't automatically mean a guy is running high doses if they are hard and grainy. Lots of factors come into play... mainly right drugs, diet and time. Although sometimes it is fairly obvious who is really blasting certain androgens just by looking at them.

Can't we just put up a picture of John Meadows to end this thread?

Not necessarily more drugs, just the right drugs.

edit: and right drugs won't mean grainy and hard unless everything else is in line too

^^^^^^^

This exactly--took the words right out of my mouth.

Of course, we cannot deny a genetic component, as well. As any coach knows, 2 guys could be on the same exact drugs, reduce BF to the same degree, and be holding the same amount of sub-q water, yet one man might look substantially more gnarly than the other. It's just the way it is.

Last edited:

Thoughts?

Wonder if by drugs he includes diuretics or just means different types of AAS?

I believe he is referring to the big boys. To maintain that amount of muscle mass and look like granite takes alot of help.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear