over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Having trouble sleeping any ideas?

fnripped

Newbies
I currently work night shift and have been doing so on and off for the past 12 years. I will come home from work and I am exhausted. I can immediately fall asleep but 3 - 4 hours later I am wide awake. About 5 -6 hours after waking up (just in time for work) I feel like I could go back to sleep. I have tried Melatonin, Benadryl, Nyquil, Z- Quil, and Valreian Root.

Melatonin and Z quil work but give me a hungover feeling for 2- 3 hours when I wake up. Ny -Quil works but I don't like taking all that Tylenol on a regular basis. Benadryl is hit and miss and VR does nothing. On my days off, when I'm not sleeping during the day, I sleep solidly through the night.

I was thinking of trying 5-HTP or phenibut next any other suggestions/ techniques to keep me asleep a few hours longer.

Phenibut worked well for me. Hit Queefer up and order some of that and some kratom. You'll sleep like a baby. I work overnights so I know how hard it can be sometimes. You can so check into DSIP. I think Progen is the only one that carries that. There is a thread on it.

I have problems sleeping, but I take everything known to man to try and help.

My personal "sleep stack" in order of importance (IMO):
1) 6mg melatonin
2) ZMA (3 caps?)
3) 25mg MK-677
4) 200mg 5-HTP
5) 200mg L-Theanine

Phenibut is a bit addictive, so be careful with that route.

Stay away from computer monitors and cell phones as long as possible before bed, go to sleep and wake up at the same time. Just follow good sleep practise.

I currently work night shift and have been doing so on and off for the past 12 years. I will come home from work and I am exhausted. I can immediately fall asleep but 3 - 4 hours later I am wide awake. About 5 -6 hours after waking up (just in time for work) I feel like I could go back to sleep. I have tried Melatonin, Benadryl, Nyquil, Z- Quil, and Valreian Root.

Melatonin and Z quil work but give me a hungover feeling for 2- 3 hours when I wake up. Ny -Quil works but I don't like taking all that Tylenol on a regular basis. Benadryl is hit and miss and VR does nothing. On my days off, when I'm not sleeping during the day, I sleep solidly through the night.

I was thinking of trying 5-HTP or phenibut next any other suggestions/ techniques to keep me asleep a few hours longer.

I have been using ALEVE PM a few nights out of the week and it helps.

Victor Conte's company produces a 5-HTP ZMA product you may want to consider.

Yeah Sluggy is right about the Phenibut so definitely use caution. If I use it it's only on nights I work.

Melatonin is the best thing I've ever used. I tried phenabut a bunch of times and it only seemed to work the first time if anything. Think about it like this: melatonin (a hormone) is real gear and things like valerian root and other tinctures and potions are supplements . Best way I can explain it. When I have days where I've taken a lot of stimulants or worked out too late I'll take 10-15mg but every night I atleast take 5 just to guarantee that I'll be asleep soon and be refreshed for the next day. Meditating helps also along with the melatonin

I've been using Somatomax.
It works...but when you take too much, you'll feel like crap the next day.
Lots of good reviews online
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWFm5bstjUU"]Somatomax Review - Supplementing.com - YouTube[/ame]

I worked the graveyard shift for half a year 7pm to 7am and I took everything possible to stay on that shift. OT and pharmacy. My problem was staying asleep too. I had to quit that job. It ruined my social life and my gym time too. Money was good but I felt like shit all the time.

If you can find a another job.

smoke weed. One solid hit off a gravity has been knocking me out every night on this tren

A lot of potent sleep aids have already been mentioned, but peptides work wonders for me. A shot of GHRP-2 and CJC1295 before bed help combat even trensomnia for me.

I think i'll start off with L-Theanine and 5 HTP. After reading a bit more they seem like the safest options. My main concerns are safety and waking up rested with a clear head, hopefully one of these 2 will do the trick.

I wish melatonin would allow me to wake up with a clear head, as it seems that a lot of people use it successfully, maybe i'll cut the dose down to 1mg and see if that will work.

Only a couple more months to get through on this shift and hopefully everything returns to normal.

Melatonin is the best thing I've ever used. I tried phenabut a bunch of times and it only seemed to work the first time if anything. Think about it like this: melatonin (a hormone) is real gear and things like valerian root and other tinctures and potions are supplements . Best way I can explain it. When I have days where I've taken a lot of stimulants or worked out too late I'll take 10-15mg but every night I atleast take 5 just to guarantee that I'll be asleep soon and be refreshed for the next day. Meditating helps also along with the melatonin

this^^^ When i quit drinking and using drugs Melatonin was a life saver, non-habit forming, and it actually works. You do not need a large does 3 or 6 mgs is fine, the way it was explained to me is, it resets your sleep cycle. Take it 30 minutes before you want to sleep, it won't knock you out but it kinda tells your body to sleep.

its so mild that if you took it and had to do something, it's not a big deal because it won't interfere with that. i was on call at work once and took it, got a call and had to go to work and it didnt effect me at all.

People who work graveyard shifts have reported success with a good sleeping mask. [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Alaska-Bear%C2%AE-Sleep-Blindfold-Eyeshade/dp/B00GSO1D9O/"]Amazon.com : Alaska Bear® 100% Pure Silk Sleep Mask and Blindfold Eyeshade - BETTER than SATIN, COTTON or SYNTHETIC materials - NO 'odor' or dyes problem, Adjustable band Eye Mask fits the Most, "You never know how comfortable it feels until you touch it!" (ear plugs excluded) : Beauty@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31ERGT20U7L.@@AMEPARAM@@31ERGT20U7L[/ame]

Another tip I haven't seen in this thread I first read on Jason Ferrugia's website, which is to take a cold shower beforehand. It's counterintuitive (the usual advice is to take a warm bath), but his logic was that everytime he went out for a cold swim in the ocean, he'd knock out for hours afterwards. I haven't tried it out myself, but it could be worth a shot.

And then on this board, people have reported success with tart cherry juice.

People who work graveyard shifts have reported success with a good sleeping mask. Amazon.com : Alaska Bear® 100% Pure Silk Sleep Mask and Blindfold Eyeshade - BETTER than SATIN, COTTON or SYNTHETIC materials - NO 'odor' or dyes problem, Adjustable band Eye Mask fits the Most, "You never know how comfortable it feels until you touch it!" (ear plugs excluded) : Beauty

Another tip I haven't seen in this thread I first read on Jason Ferrugia's website, which is to take a cold shower beforehand. It's counterintuitive (the usual advice is to take a warm bath), but his logic was that everytime he went out for a cold swim in the ocean, he'd knock out for hours afterwards. I haven't tried it out myself, but it could be worth a shot.

And then on this board, people have reported success with tart cherry juice.

Cold shower thing works too for sure. I gotta start doing this again thanks for reminding me

I actually have the a sleep mask! Melatonin kills me I wake up with a headache that usually lasts 2 - 3 hours and I feel like I am in a fog. The dose I was taking was 3mg and then I cut it to 2mg with the same results. I also have Blackout EZ window shades they completely block out all light it looks like it is night in my room during the middle of the day. I even have a homemedics alarm clock that plays the sound of the rain/ ocean to drowned out any background noise.

I have not tried the cold shower but I will give that a try considering it is easy and virtually free.

Melatonin is what I use 5mg if I'm having difficulty sleeping.

I try not to take it though, shit gives me the wildest dreams

I typically take melatonin and Lunesta (Rx). Melatonin initially gave me headaches, wild/crazy dreams and feeling groggy in the morning…but those side effects subsided after 3-4 days of use…as for headaches, remaining hydrated has helped. As always, YMMV

Disregarding very important things such as meditation, relaxation before sleep, etc here is a list of the best sleep aids in order from most effective to least in regards to supplements/ pharmaceuticals . (both pharmaceutical and over the counter) * Caution, the body will eventually adapt to even OTC natural sleep supplements such as melatonin or diphenhydramine(Benadryl, Advil tynenol PM)

Here's the list

Pharmaceutical ( 1st 2 can be highly addictive, tread lightly)

-Benzodiazepines
-z drugs( ambien etc)
-hydroxyzine ( 1st generation anti-histamine( stronger Benadryl)

Natural supplements

- Pure extract valarien root( works on GABA similar to benzos)
-melatonin ( it's a hormone and using frequently will disrupt your own natural melatonin hormone
- L-theanine
- Diphenhydramine( Benadryl, Tylenol/Advil PM etc) 2nd generation anti histamine not neary as effective and 1st generation. Tolerence develops extremely quickly.

If going for the natural route, I would combine valerian with some theanine. If serious insomnia is a problem natural remidies will not help. Z drugs (ambien etc) would be the first choice and as a last resort the use of benzodiazepines as a last resort for no longer than a month. Best of luck

Forgot to mention magnesium, very effective as far a natural supplements go, others have mentioned ZMA, the magnesium is the reason for the sedation. It lowers glutamate in the brain which is the main excitatory neurotransmitter in the brain.

Magnesium isn't the best bioavailabile supplement so the best way to absorp the mineral is an Epsom salts bath( magnesium sulfate). Within 10-15 minutes of a magnesium bath you will notice a very strong relaxing effect.

My last word of advice would be to stay far far away from phenibut. Although not as addictive as benzos it's damn close. The only difference being benzos work on the the relaxing neurotransmitter GABA-A and Phenibut working on GABA-B. Not to mention Phenibut( GABA-B) is not effective for sleep, typically has the opposite effect

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
knarf447
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity