YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The Brutality of Mountain Dog Training (John Meadows' E-Book is Out!)

homonunculus

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
The Brutality of Mountain Dog Training is now available on e-book!!!

The book explains the ideology that John uses to build his training programs, workout by workout, from top to bottom. My role as co-author (Scott Stevenson) is to add in cool science stuff to show you why John's intelligent, take-no-prisoners strategy is so incredibly effective.

Click on the link below to learn more and pick up the book!

Mountain Dog Training Program

-Scott

I have looked over the site time after time, tried to implement a few things here and there, I honestly feel I am not at this training level. I know I can scale down but as I am not a bodybuilder and purely in this for personal gain, health and overall well being I am not sure the program would all encompassing help me. Maybe it would Im not sure. I have used different programs over the years and mainly just do what I feel works best for myself now. Where do you think I would fall into a program like this....if I even do?

I am interested though. What is included in the book? You dont have to give specifics. Purely workouts and science behind them or anything else?

thanks

Last edited:
I have looked over the site time after time, tried to implement a few things here and there, I honestly feel I am not at this training level. I know I can scale down but as I am not a bodybuilder and purely in this for personal gain, health and overall well being I am not sure the program would all encompassing help me. Maybe it would Im not sure. I have used different programs over the years and mainly just do what I feel works best for myself now. Where do you think I would fall into a program like this....if I even do?

I am interested though. What is included in the book? You dont have to give specifics. Purely workouts and science behind them or anything else?

thanks

The structure of sessions, the phases of each workout, the way a mountain dog program should be periodized, set/rep schemes, intensification techniques, sample splits (not with all of he exercises laid out, but sample exercises are provided in the book for each phase of the workout).

There are sidebars that explain WHY you do certain things WHY they are effective. It is really cool because you actually LEARN WHY IT IS THE WAY IT IS!!!!

And how can someone answer what level you are at from the zero information you provided about your training history? lol

Great work on this Scott and John! Very excited to begin this style of training once I get done with this little DC based split :)

I had the pleasure of working with John for about 6 months or so about 5 years ago and one of my biggest disappointments is that out of the 2 - 12 week programs he gave me I somehow managed to lose about half of the emails so I have sporadic weeks from the 24 weeks and although I still use them to this day, I know they aren't as effective as there is a definite method to his madness from start to finish of the 12 weeks. Being in my mid-40's now, I strongly endorse the Mountaindog approach!

thanks

Where can you lean more for 15$?

Where do you think I would fall into a program like this....if I even do?"

If thats the case i would just go to the gym, lift, do some cardio, eat a well balanced dietand call it a day. Dont see a need for a program in your case.

I just bought the book. I don't have time to read it right now, but here's some basic info about it.

The book is 43 pages. Breaking that down further, 1 page is the cover, 1 page is the foreword, 1 page is the dedication, and the last 10 pages are scientific references.

By ebook standards, the pages are pretty dense. It's not large fonts, big spacing, and unnecessary pictures. From glancing at it, it looks like it's packed with information and I'm definitely satisfied with my purchase!

guess i cant as any legitimate questions with this group

Well considering you asked a question about whether this program was for you without any background information about yourself, how long you've been training, what equipment you have access to....etc... I find it would have been very difficult for one to even attempt to answer your question as to whether this program was for you.

hello guys do you now what viewing format it is in . never down loaded a ebook thank you

How long to get the e-book? I ordered couple hours ago and still nothing

How long to get the e-book? I ordered couple hours ago and still nothing
If it's not in your email or spam you can email john with your receipt of payment and he'll email it directly to you.

Does john have any DVDs out?

John has a tremendous amount of youtube videos, but no DVDs that I'm aware of.

thanks

I think your remaining question is about how you could use the book if you're not ready for a full on Mountain Dog training program. After reading the book you could borrow for the components that John incorporates and add them into your program. If you're not ready for the full-on entire sports car (pure mountain dog program) you might be able to use some of the parts to soup up your own training. :)

-Scott

Purchased today. It's a good read; much of the content John has covered before in articles and/or videos, but I think this is the first time he explicitly goes into exactly how to sequence exercises in a full workout and - just as importantly, why.

The one thing I would have liked to see was a large list of exercise ideas for each muscle group in each the four microcycles (sample workouts). John has a good selection on his Youtube page, but I can't help but think there are tons of other devious ones he has come up with. And, at least for me, I tend to question whether I've picked an optimal implement (BB, DB, machine, bands, etc) for the specific movement and goal. Surely just over-analysis, but having a few go-to workouts straight from the man himself would make it extra simple...

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws