over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ketosis

gulfcoast

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Decided to compete again this year and have about 16 weeks til main show. Been eating clean for a couple months already and dropped about 10 lbs of winter bulk.
Being naturally tall and lean, I hold almost all my visible fat in my lower abs and love handles. Been doing zero carbs every 4th day the last month and have seen good improvement in waist already - down 1.5".
Question re keto - thinking about doing 2 straight days of zero carbs to get into ketosis and try to eliminate the stubborn fat areas. How long is the minimum once in ketosis to see some benefit? 12, 24, 36 hours?

I'd think the minimum would be until you're happy with the results... also depending on your body type and how much activity it could take 2-7 days to go into ketosis, the pee strips are a great help to know for sure.. Most say 3-4 weeks or so is a good stretch and then to have a cheat and start over again if you desire more loss. Stay hydrated.

3-4 weeks? I've never heard of anybody staying in ketosis that long and would wonder how healthy that would be.

I have keto sticks and I get there in 24-36 hours. Just wondering the shortest amount of time to stay there and see benefits cuz it starts affecting my training, attitude, sleep etc.

3-4 weeks? I've never heard of anybody staying in ketosis that long and would wonder how healthy that would be.

I have keto sticks and I get there in 24-36 hours. Just wondering the shortest amount of time to stay there and see benefits cuz it starts affecting my training, attitude, sleep etc.

Oh yeah 3-4 weeks, even longer sometimes... There's people who stay low carb all the time, maybe not into ketosis but damn close... I've personally done it and its not like you're starving, the body doesn't need carbs to survive, you still eat plenty of proteins and the right fats.. Fats can actually fuel your body.. the longer you do it, the more you get used to the changes..

But, that said the issues you pointed out are indeed there..Long term affects on health IDK.. but has to be way better for you than say using fat burners, stimulants or themogenics..

I personally like "cyclic" ketogenic diets. I usually go 5 days no carbs and then a 2 day carb up. Search Bodyopus diet by Dan Duchaine and it will explain in detail how glycogen supercompensation works by increasing insulin sensitivity for an anabolic cell swelling effect.

I personally like "cyclic" ketogenic diets. I usually go 5 days no carbs and then a 2 day carb up. Search Bodyopus diet by Dan Duchaine and it will explain in detail how glycogen supercompensation works by increasing insulin sensitivity for an anabolic cell swelling effect.

I understand all this and the theories involved...

My question is simple for those with experience - what is the least amount of time in true ketosis to realize any benefits. I know every person is different but for most is it 1 day, 3 days, 1 week? I just don't want to do zero carbs for 4 days if similar results could be obtained by doing zero carbs for 2 days.

ketosis is nothing magical, it just indicates that your body builds ketones because it doesnt get enough carbs.

just because keto strips say youre in keto you dont have to be in keto btw. some dietary fats can also cause this (coconut oil, MCTs)

results? youre gonna get results according to your caloric deficit, doesnt matter if youre in keto or not. keto doesnt change a thing about that.

If you are an experienced insulin user you can put yourself into keto very fast.

But whats the point of going into keto for 2 days? I go zero carb for weeks and the fat just melts off. I dont know what difference 2 days would cause because the first week of zero carb is usually water loss anyway, the true fat burning seems to kick in the second week, atleast for me.

A keto diet is different from what your explaining. The duration of your prep consists of fats and protein.

It seems for you your just trying to get rid of some trouble areas. That's where protein veggie days come in handy.

If you are an experienced insulin user you can put yourself into keto very fast.

But whats the point of going into keto for 2 days? I go zero carb for weeks and the fat just melts off. I dont know what difference 2 days would cause because the first week of zero carb is usually water loss anyway, the true fat burning seems to kick in the second week, atleast for me.

I am experienced...

I can't go zero carbs for more than 2-3 days - it starts affecting my work, gym, relationships etc. lol

I'm 6'4" 250 after 4 weeks of dieting - was 260 at 14% hydro tested 6 weeks ago. I have veins in quads, bis, traps, calves and visible abs and visible striations in quads, delts, traps. Just getting old and wanting to experiment with getting mid section looking as good as the rest does.

Google the Keto diet. Dave Palumbo swears by it. I train with some BB's who go into ketosis for weeks and weeks. Not unusual at all to take out carbs for way longer than that.

Keto can be zero to like 40g of carbs I believe doesn't have to be solely zero carb...and it takes time to get into keto it'd not a 2 day diet trick.

Just cycle carbs

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity